Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Sarah shakes her head, as if trying to clear a ringing from her ears. "Do y-you think that s-someone's hiding things h-here?"  She drifts down onto the ground, and walks closer to Gideon.

"That, or something really likes annoying explorers." He says. "Look around for a lever or button. There has to be some way further down."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The rock face forms the back of the colony. Circling around it brings you do a side gate. The guards are accompanied by Kubrow and carry Paris bows.

"Off on an expedition?" One asks, noticing your pack. 

Max resisted the urge to resort to his oh so beloved sarcasm.  "yes.  I plan to be back by sundown."  

Another ship approaches the rail.

"Mei Francis wilth delivery for Hexis." A woman says. 

The scanner plays over the craft.

"Please divert craft to secondary dock." Sierra says.

"Is there a problem?" MEi asks.

"No at all." Sierra says. "Please divert ship to secondary dock."

1 hour ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Dark is walking around looking for help to a relay.

A ship of colonists provides you with transportation to a relay. 

The guards at the relay mention Phenix. Asking around gets you some basic info. It seems it is a human run world outside the Sol system accessible only by rail or certain portals in the relay. The portal room is easy to find, and features its own security, massive armored humans in what appears to be power armor.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Another ship approaches the rail.

"Mei Francis wilth delivery for Hexis." A woman says. 

The scanner plays over the craft.

"Please divert craft to secondary dock." Sierra says.

"Is there a problem?" MEi asks.

"No at all." Sierra says. "Please divert ship to secondary dock."

"Final warning, please divert course to secondary dock." Sierra says. 

The ship does not respond, save to power up its thrusters and speed towards the rail, jumping ahead of several ships. It hits the rail right as it fires to launch a cruiser.

Dark asks a guard if he may use a portal.

((You can do additional actions per post. For example he could look around, make a comment, and ask two or more questions. Just so you know.))

"Name?" The guard asks, pulling out a holo-pad.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Max resisted the urge to resort to his oh so beloved sarcasm.  "yes.  I plan to be back by sundown."  

"I'd recommend sticking to that plan." The guard says. "Phil heard something massive howling the other day. I'd hate to meet whatever made that racket."

The jungle air outside the dome like shield around the camp is thick and muggy. It feels more like you are drinking the air, than breathing it. The smell of rain is heavy and the dirt beneath your boots is muddy and slippery. Overall it seems very similar to the rain forests that once covered earth.

It is not raining, however there is a persistent and rhythmic tapping sound coming from above you.

"Dark." He says looking around and examines the portals.

"I don't have any records." The guard says. "Please hold still for facial scan."

The portals are obviously Orokin in design, similar the the ones used to access void towers. They are a bit smaller, however, and seem intended only for one or two people to pass through. A small hoverbike might fit through one, but nothing larger.

Another being enters the room, a Tenno. He says nothing, but something seems off about his stance. He looks as if he is bracing himself for something.

Dark holds still for the facial scan noting the tenno.

The Guard nods and checks Tenno Council, and System records, looking for a match.

((Post any records or data he would find.))

The Tenno nods to himself, as if reassuring himself, and then reaches behind him. His gaze is fixated on the guards as he does so.

The guard pulls up the records it says smart curious a lone wolf not by choice and a merc for hire but not always to the highest bidder and can make advanced tech not much else i known. 

"Alright you are clear." The Guard says. "Next."

The second before you step into the portal the Tenno suddenly draws a plasma grenade from his robes and screams "Glory to the Seven!" Before leaping towards the portal.

Do you?

{Dive through the portal to escape the impending explosion.}

or

{Stay and attempt to help the guards subdue the Tenno.}

Edited by Rakawan

Dark stays and helps after he rolls away from the grenade. 

The Tenno leaps forward as the guards reach for their weapons.

Instead of an explosion there is a sudden stream of curses from the Tenno as he realizes he forgot to arm the grenade.

As he fumbles with the buttons on it, the Guards draw stun batons and advance. The Tenno is quite close to you and his back is to you. 

Dark trys to round house kick him and trys a double hand smash on his back.

The Tenno is unable to defend himself from both sides, and is rendered unconscious.

"Thank you for your assistance." The guard says. "You are free to proceed. We will take it from here."

"No problem." Dark hurried through the portal.

You emerge in a tower above a landing pad. Above you hover several dojo-like structures, supporting a planetary shield. You can see several fleets of ships in orbit, with smaller vessels heading back and forth between the surface and a massive rail.

You have only seconds to take in the view before an alarm rings out.

"Unidentified craft entering air-space." The alarm says. "Please remain calm."

You see a small ship exit punch, seconds before slamming into the rail. The resulting explosion chains along the orbiting rail. 

Below you several armored and unarmored figures race towards ships docked at the pad.

The staff that normally run the portal station you have entered are all staring, dumbstruck, at the image on a screen on the wall. On it you can see the rail as explosions tear along the limbs.

Dark runs to the guards. "What can i do to help."

The staff assembled are too shell shocked to respond. These seem to be civilians, not military.

A Frost enters the room.

"All of you!" He says. "Come with me. This location may be targeted next."

He bears an insignia labeling him as an Adjuticant, a type of Tenno peacekeeper from before the Collapse.

Just now, Rakawan said:

The staff assembled are too shell shocked to respond. These seem to be civilians, not military.

A Frost enters the room.

"All of you!" He says. "Come with me. This location may be targeted next."

He bears an insignia labeling him as an Adjuticant, a type of Tenno peacekeeper from before the Collapse.

Dark follows. "Before i went through the portal a tenno attacked with a plasma grenede thankfully he forgot to arm it but i took him down he also shouted something about the seven."

Dark follows. "Before i went through the portal a tenno attacked with a plasma grenede thankfully he forgot to arm it but i took him down he also shouted something about the seven."

The Frost pauses.

"Someone attacked the relay." He says. "Sir, you'll need to follow me."

Another Frost leads the staff down one hallway at the bottom of the tower. The Ajudicant leads you down another.