The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"One moment please." The Tenno says. He begins swinging around the thurible in his hands, channeling energy into it.

After a moment he releases the energy and unholsters his rifle, sniping the shades alongside you. With each kill you feel re-energized.

A wave of ice cuts down a swath of shades, and those that get to close to to the group begin to fray into ribbons as an Equinox activates her ult. The rtualists, no longer focused on channeling, have reclaimed their preferred frames and use them to great effect. 

Feeling the energy return to him, Forrest holsters his pistols and draws his shotgun, aiming for larger groupings of shades. Seeing the increase in fighters, he moves to the center of the group before unleashing a bellowing roar, sending a wave of void energy out from himself and imbuing allies with the empowering void energy.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

It appears the ship does not, as you have barely grabbed your briefcase before a Neophyte appears, placing his hand on your shoulder, and teleporting you into the middle of a fight.

The scene is something out a nightmare, or would be if the shadowy creatures were up against anything besides fully-armed Tenno. Shadowy humanoid figures swarm towards Tenno standing in a vaguely circular pattern around an Obelisk. You can recognize the courtyard of the Monastery. 

Richard immediately flicked his wrist and vanished, taking the neon purple briefcases with him.  He returned a moment later clad in a solid black and silver Trinity Prime, the Arcane Aura helmet and both jet-black gloves ablaze with Void energy: it was clear that this Warframe was not a collapsible, direct-pilot model.  Moving to take a place in the circle, he scanned both friend and foe to determine both who was with him and what they were fighting.

11 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard immediately flicked his wrist and vanished, taking the neon purple briefcases with him.  He returned a moment later clad in a solid black and silver Trinity Prime, the Arcane Aura helmet and both jet-black gloves ablaze with Void energy: it was clear that this Warframe was not a collapsible, direct-pilot model.  Moving to take a place in the circle, he scanned both friend and foe to determine both who was with him and what they were fighting.

Seeing the newcomer to the brawl, he begins walking his way twoards them, still firing at the shades with his shotgun.  "Welcome to pandemonium, shoot anything that looks like a shadow" he gesturs to the atlas doing combat with a shade in chains. "Big baddie is the main reason for this. he's the guy with the chain fetish."

6 minutes ago, 8009alpha said:

Seeing the newcomer to the brawl, he begins walking his way twoards them, still firing at the shades with his shotgun.  "Welcome to pandemonium, shoot anything that looks like a shadow" he gesturs to the atlas doing combat with a shade in chains. "Big baddie is the main reason for this. he's the guy with the chain fetish."

Richard's Sancti Tigris spat acid into a shadow, and he nodded.  "I figured as much.  How long have they been coming?"

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The chain smashes the boulders to dust, and wraps around your wrist. A volley of arrows forces the shade to release it, however. Red veil operatives line the walls of the Monastery, Rakta Cernos bows raised.

"Meddling scum." The shade says, raising his hand and taking aim at them. Angry red energy coalesces in his open palm. 

Stabilis channels his energy through the tekko as he lunges forwards, then persuades the shade to yeild with a flurry of uppercuts, using the veil's attack as a distraction to proc his beserker speed. 

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard's Sancti Tigris spat acid into a shadow, and he nodded.  "I figured as much.  How long have they been coming?"

"Honestly? Don't know" he says as his regular Tigris discharges again "been fighting since it started though" he grunts out, unleashing another stomp, though this one slightly diminished compared to the previous ones. " one thing I know for sure though is that I'm ganna be feeling this in the morning."

3 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Honestly? Don't know" he says as his regular Tigris discharges again "been fighting since it started though" he grunts out, unleashing another stomp, though this one slightly diminished compared to the previous ones. " one thing I know for sure though is that I'm ganna be feeling this in the morning."

Richard chuckled as his companion launched several shades into the air even with a diminished stomp.  "We can't have that, now, can we?"  With an exaggerated wave of his hand, Richard sent a wave of energy toward Forrest, healing him and dissipating the lactic acid in his muscles, leaving him as refreshed as though he'd just had a few hours' rest.  "How's that?"

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard chuckled as his companion launched several shades into the air even with a diminished stomp.  "We can't have that, now, can we?"  With an exaggerated wave of his hand, Richard sent a wave of energy toward Forrest, healing him and dissipating the lactic acid in his muscles, leaving him as refreshed as though he'd just had a few hours' rest.  "How's that?"

"Let's find out shall we" gathering up some energy, Forrest releases a small roar, hardened void energy sprouting out like an armored skin, gathering up even more void energy, istarts to coalesce around him before he shoots off twoards the nearest group of enemy's in a charge, blasting through to the center, he unleashes a reinvigorated stomp before charging back to his new battle buddy stopping just short of them before letting lose another air rending roar, infusing energy in allies attacks. 

Edited by 8009alpha

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis channels his energy through the tekko as he lunges forwards, then persuades the shade to yeild with a flurry of uppercuts, using the veil's attack as a distraction to proc his beserker speed. 

The shade is forced to abort its attack in order to dodge the blows. However, despite its supernatural speed, it is not able to dodge all of them. Two of the blows slice open the chains wrapped around its waist, causing shadowy energy to spill out like blood. It clutches one hand to the "wound" drawing the chains tight to stop the flow. It occurs to you that much of its body is wrapped in chain, and the parts that aren't seem to bleed essence into the surrounding air.

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Ryoko snipes another shade and you feel the small amount of energy spent on the revitalizing wave flow back into you. 

"I love this frame." He says. "All I have to do to keep people alive is shoot stuff. Which is generally my main method anyways."

2 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Let's find out shall we" gathering up some energy, Forrest releases a small roar, hardened void energy sprouting out like an armored skin, gathering up even more void energy, istarts to coalesce around him before he shoots off twoards the nearest group of enemy's in a charge, blasting through to the center, he unleashes a reinvigorated stomp before charging back to his new battle buddy stopping just short of them before letting lose another air rending roar, infusing energy in allies attacks. 

The shades hit the the charge evaporate. Despite their numbers they seem unable to stop whatever is happening.

"A few more seconds is all I need." Tak says. "Keep them off me."

12 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The shade is forced to abort its attack in order to dodge the blows. However, despite its supernatural speed, it is not able to dodge all of them. Two of the blows slice open the chains wrapped around its waist, causing shadowy energy to spill out like blood. It clutches one hand to the "wound" drawing the chains tight to stop the flow. It occurs to you that much of its body is wrapped in chain, and the parts that aren't seem to bleed essence into the surrounding air.

Ryoko snipes another shade and you feel the small amount of energy spent on the revitalizing wave flow back into you. 

"I love this frame." He says. "All I have to do to keep people alive is shoot stuff. Which is generally my main method anyways."

The shades hit the the charge evaporate. Despite their numbers they seem unable to stop whatever is happening.

Stabilis summons his two golem, smashing thr ground with coid energy to bring the rocks to life. He speaks a few short gutteral words to them, and they both rip stones from the ground and throw them at the shade, and charge towards it. Stabilis resumes his strikes, focusing on the chains surrounding its torso. 

On 8/24/2017 at 11:53 PM, Rakawan said:

" got it" forest shouts over the sounds of combat, throwing himself back into the hoard with a charge he begins to swing his sword all around him and sending a few unwilling shades into the air with an occasion stomp thrown in every now and then.

On 8/24/2017 at 11:53 PM, Rakawan said:

On 8/25/2017 at 0:24 PM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis summons his two golem, smashing thr ground with coid energy to bring the rocks to life. He speaks a few short gutteral words to them, and they both rip stones from the ground and throw them at the shade, and charge towards it. Stabilis resumes his strikes, focusing on the chains surrounding its torso. 

On 8/26/2017 at 11:06 AM, 8009alpha said:

"got it" forrest shouts over the sounds of combat, throwing himself back into the hoard with a charge he begins to swing his sword all around him and sending a few unwilling shades into the air with an occasion stomp thrown in every now and then.

Richard moved to stand directly in front of Tak, pulling his second shotgun from its holster and assuming a classic Unairu ready posture.  "Take your time."  Between himself and Ryoko's Harrow, there was no chance of anything that managed to slip through Stabilis and Forrest getting to Tak.

Speaking of Harrow, Richard hadn't had a chance to take him for a test drive yet.  That might have to replace his stress test of the new Limbo AI tomorrow afternoon.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

The chains disintegrate under the blows. The void presence begins to "bleed" out, evaporating into thin air. The stones thrown by the golems smash the chains around its upper arms, causing them to unravel. The presence drops to its knees, little more than a pair of legs spewing shadow into the air.

On 8/26/2017 at 10:06 AM, 8009alpha said:

" got it" forest shouts over the sounds of combat, throwing himself back into the hoard with a charge he begins to swing his sword all around him and sending a few unwilling shades into the air with an occasion stomp thrown in every now and then.

The shades prove to be even more susceptible, most dissipating due to the force of the stomp alone. Those that don't meet their end at the end of your blade.

On 8/29/2017 at 1:00 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Richard moved to stand directly in front of Tak, pulling his second shotgun from its holster and assuming a classic Unairu ready posture.  "Take your time."  Between himself and Ryoko's Harrow, there was no chance of anything that managed to slip through Stabilis and Forrest getting to Tak.

Speaking of Harrow, Richard hadn't had a chance to take him for a test drive yet.  That might have to replace his stress test of the new Limbo AI tomorrow afternoon.

Another chained shade appears, lurching forward towards you and Ryoko.

"You. Will not..." It rasps.

"Your power here is spent." Tak says. "Without Master Rell as a conduit, you cannot maintain this pace much longer, and you have gravely underestimated our resolve. Your arrogance has cost you this world."

The light within the Obelisk shimmers. Rell stands on the other side of the Obelisk, his face set.

"Do it." He says.

Tak's chant changes and Rell begins to fade, the energy within the Obelisk changing from light blue, to  vibrant gold.

"No!" The shade says. "The void is my domain, MINE!"

It lurches another step forward, angry red energy gathering in it's palm.

The chains disintegrate under the blows. The void presence begins to "bleed" out, evaporating into thin air. The stones thrown by the golems smash the chains around its upper arms, causing them to unravel. The presence drops to its knees, little more than a pair of legs spewing shadow into the air.

The shades prove to be even more susceptible, most dissipating due to the force of the stomp alone. Those that don't meet their end at the end of your blade.

Another chained shade appears, lurching forward towards you and Ryoko.

"You. Will not..." It rasps.

"Your power here is spent." Tak says. "Without Master Rell as a conduit, you cannot maintain this pace much longer, and you have gravely underestimated our resolve. Your arrogance has cost you this world."

The light within the Obelisk shimmers. Rell stands on the other side of the Obelisk, his face set.

"Do it." He says.

Tak's chant changes and Rell begins to fade, the energy within the Obelisk changing from light blue, to  vibrant gold.

"No!" The shade says. "The void is my domain, MINE!"

It lurches another step forward, angry red energy gathering in it's palm.

Spotting the danger from the corner of his sight, Forrest charges toward the shade threatening tak, stopping right behind it, he brings his foot down, in one final over powered stomp, right into its back. "Time to say goodbye" he says as his foot plows into the shade.

On 8/30/2017 at 7:23 PM, 8009alpha said:

Spotting the danger from the corner of his sight, Forrest charges toward the shade threatening tak, stopping right behind it, he brings his foot down, in one final over powered stomp, right into its back. "Time to say goodbye" he says as his foot plows into the shade.

The blow shatters the chains, causing this shade to bleed away like the others. The obelisk begins to pulse like a heartbeat. With each pulse the remaining shades are burned away. You feel the void energy charging the air begin to change. Roiling waves of angry cackling energy begin to calm pulsing in time with the obelisk.

On 8/31/2017 at 8:55 PM, Rakawan said:

The blow shatters the chains, causing this shade to bleed away like the others. The obelisk begins to pulse like a heartbeat. With each pulse the remaining shades are burned away. You feel the void energy charging the air begin to change. Roiling waves of angry cackling energy begin to calm pulsing in time with the obelisk.

Forrest, seeing that the being was taken care of brings his sword in front of him and plants it on the ground. He starts to lean quiet heavily on letting his helmet recced into the rest of his frame, showing salt and pepper hair and his short beard along with the large scar running over his left eye with void energy flowing inside of it. " is it over" he asks no one in particular " cause if it is point me to the local pub, and if it isn't some one else can kill em, cause I've had it up to here" he say raising his hand quite a bit over his head "with shades and shadowy figures" he finishes looking around at the people near him.

11 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Forrest, seeing that the being was taken care of brings his sword in front of him and plants it on the ground. He starts to lean quiet heavily on letting his helmet recced into the rest of his frame, showing salt and pepper hair and his short beard along with the large scar running over his left eye with void energy flowing inside of it. " is it over" he asks no one in particular " cause if it is point me to the local pub, and if it isn't some one else can kill em, cause I've had it up to here" he say raising his hand quite a bit over his head "with shades and shadowy figures" he finishes looking around at the people near him.

Tirion walks over and claps you on the back.

"Whatever happens next, the Keepers can deal with it." He says. "Come with me, I'll show you the best pub."

11 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tirion walks over and claps you on the back.

"Whatever happens next, the Keepers can deal with it." He says. "Come with me, I'll show you the best pub."

" lead the way, I need something strong after all this." He says gesturing around him.

2 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

" lead the way, I need something strong after all this." He says gesturing around him.

"Allow me." Tak says. 

He puts his hands on your shoulders and golden light flares. A moment later you find yourself outside a bar. Tak bows and vanishes.

Inside there is a healthy mix of humans and Tenno. The bartender is a middle-aged man who you recognize from various posters in the shuttle as one of the two Chancellor's of the colony.

"Frames powered down, and weapons in the box." He says, sliding you a digital storage box, and pointing to a sign listing rules.

Tirion places his Hek and Galatine on the counter by the box, which scans and digitalizes them for storage. He removes his pistol's magazine and places it in the box as well. You notice, however, that he does not empty the chamber. Seven seems to notice this as well and winks when he takes the box. 

"Thank you." He says, turning to you. "You too, lad."

Edited by Rakawan

"Allow me." Tak says. 

He puts his hands on your shoulders and golden light flares. A moment later you find yourself outside a bar. Tak bows and vanishes.

Inside there is a healthy mix of humans and Tenno. The bartender is a middle-aged man who you recognize from various posters in the shuttle as one of the two Chancellor's of the colony.

"Frames powered down, and weapons in the box." He says, sliding you a digital storage box, and pointing to a sign listing rules.

Tirion places his Hek and Galatine on the counter by the box, which scans and digitalizes them for storage. He removes his pistol's magazine and places it in the box as well. You notice, however, that he does not empty the chamber. Seven seems to notice this as well and winks when he takes the box. 

"Thank you." He says, turning to you. "You too, lad."

"Aye aye capn". He says as he places his Tigris and his galatine on the counter near the box as well as both his pistols cartridges and one of his pistols but he keeps one one him with one in the chamber. Focusing a bit he gets his iron skin to recede before the void energy showing from his frame darkens considerably denoting its state of power being off. " gah I'm going to be feeling that in the morning"

On 8/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, kyrozon said:
On 8/23/2017 at 1:13 AM, Rakawan said:

"Of course." He says. "That is your decision to be made. Each of the shades also has the option, at any time, to cease to exist."

Fell only nodded a little as he looked at his palm. Shortly clenching it into a fist as he exhaled. He muttered something to himself. "If I remember correctly you had some ascension project going on here on Phoenix, right?".  

*Boop*

12 hours ago, kyrozon said:

*Boop*

"We do." He says. "It is for those humans who wish to become Tenno. It is not without risk, but we have found ways to minimize that."

He removes his hand, and your vision returns to normal.

"There you go." He says. "If you find your vision sharper than usual, please let me know."

23 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

"Aye aye capn". He says as he places his Tigris and his galatine on the counter near the box as well as both his pistols cartridges and one of his pistols but he keeps one one him with one in the chamber. Focusing a bit he gets his iron skin to recede before the void energy showing from his frame darkens considerably denoting its state of power being off. " gah I'm going to be feeling that in the morning"

"Tell me about it." Tirion says. "I thought they would be more solid. I over-reached a few time.I'll probably need to see a healer tomorrow."

The bartender wipes his hands, and takes the boxes.

"So what can I get you?" He asks. 

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Tell me about it." Tirion says. "I thought they would be more solid. I over-reached a few time.I'll probably need to see a healer tomorrow."

The bartender wipes his hands, and takes the boxes.

"So what can I get you?" He asks. 

Turning to the bartender "something strong but not to heavy, not looking to get drunk in the first 5 seconds" he say to him. Turning back to Tirion he rests on of his arms on the bar. " I'll probably be following you to the healers." He says wincing slightly " couple old wounds seem to be acting up a bit, that and definitely overtaxed myself with some of those stomps." As he rubs his side, just above his hip.

15 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Turning to the bartender "something strong but not to heavy, not looking to get drunk in the first 5 seconds" he say to him. Turning back to Tirion he rests on of his arms on the bar. " I'll probably be following you to the healers." He says wincing slightly " couple old wounds seem to be acting up a bit, that and definitely overtaxed myself with some of those stomps." As he rubs his side, just above his hip.

He slides you a glass with a dark amber liquid. 

"Skate's revenge." He says. "Got as much of a bite as the buggers themselves."

He pauses.

"You are over 21 right?" He asks. "Some of your kin can be a bit... misleading, when it comes to gaging age."

"You might want to see the Healers tomorrow." Tirion says. "Katherine can set you right in no time, but she's been busy with the survivors of the rail incident."