Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Navigating by the sounds and senses you manage to make it to the hangar, or what sounds like the hangar. As you approach, something seizes you by your ethereal ankles, hoisting you into the air. You find yourself hanging upside down in front of a Hydroid Prime, his kraken's tentacle wrapped around your ankle. Tak rises up from the ground behind you, turning solid.

"This is Marco." He says. "The only Paragon who doesn't fit the description I previously gave you."

Marco looks you up and down.

"This is the one you've chosen for our little quest?" He asks. "He doesn't look like much."

Richard smiled.  "Judge me by my size, do you?"

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard smiled.  "Judge me by my size, do you?"

The Hydroid's helmet slides open to reveal a somewhat familiar face.

"Your face may have changed, but your voice sure hasn't." Marco says. "Good to see you survived the collapse, Richard."

Your can barely recognize the figure. Memories of desperate battles on a waterlogged planet spring to mind. A Tenno, clearly the leader of the forces there, bellowing orders to the Grineer and proxies around him as they clash with eldritch and alien beings.

"Marco is the Paragon of Waves, and has agreed to provide transportation while we search for the others." Tak says. 

Marco gestures and the tentacle releases you. He throws an arm around your shoulders when you land.

"Behold the pride and joy of me heart." He says, gesturing to an orbiter outfitted with what any sane person would consider a ludicrous number of cannons. "By the way lad, did you ever perfect that recipe for 'peanut butter' that you were working on?"

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Hydroid's helmet slides open to reveal a somewhat familiar face.

"Your face may have changed, but your voice sure hasn't." Marco says. "Good to see you survived the collapse, Richard."

Your can barely recognize the figure. Memories of desperate battles on a waterlogged planet spring to mind. A Tenno, clearly the leader of the forces there, bellowing orders to the Grineer and proxies around him as they clash with eldritch and alien beings.

"Marco is the Paragon of Waves, and has agreed to provide transportation while we search for the others." Tak says. 

Marco gestures and the tentacle releases you. He throws an arm around your shoulders when you land.

"Behold the pride and joy of me heart." He says, gesturing to an orbiter outfitted with what any sane person would consider a ludicrous number of cannons. "By the way lad, did you ever perfect that recipe for 'peanut butter' that you were working on?"

"Are you sure you have enough guns?" Richard asked him as they walked.  "Because I can see the fuselage in a few places."

At the mention of "peanut butter", Richard flicked his wrist and produced a jar of the stuff.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"Are you sure you have enough guns?" Richard asked him as they walked.  "Because I can see the fuselage in a few places."

At the mention of "peanut butter", Richard flicked his wrist and produced a jar of the stuff.

"Well I I do have to buy fuel." He says. "And we just swapped out the firing powder based firing mechanisms for rail-systems. A whole lot safer if someone manages to hit the ammo bay."

He leads you onto the ship, which is crewed by scruffy looking Corpus, and rather dejected looking grineer. There are even a few Corrupted, with a red anchor branded on their shoulders. 

Marco comes to a stop outside a room with the Keeper's sigil on it.

"Everythign is dreary for you, Tak." He says. "I'll get us ready to cast off. Notify me when you have a heading."

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The screen displays two articles, one on the void in general, and one on "The Lidless Eye."

(The lidless eye. Sounds intriguing.). Stabilis thinks as he touches the article link. As he touched it, he couldnt help but think of the story of alice in wonderland. This was his rabbit hole, but what was inside it? 

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

(The lidless eye. Sounds intriguing.). Stabilis thinks as he touches the article link. As he touched it, he couldnt help but think of the story of alice in wonderland. This was his rabbit hole, but what was inside it? 

The article downloads. It appears to be an article from one of the previous speakers.

-----

Holy Rell speaks often of the Lidless Eye. He refers to it as the Man in the Wall, but the way this entity seems to observe us promote ne to refer to it differently. I have tried without success to find additional information about it. It feels timeless, something from outside our world. I can hear it whispering sometiems, but it does not respond to my inquiries. It seems to have an unnatural fascination with the Tenno, shadowing their every step. It radiates he energies of the void, but in its presence they feel more chaotic than normal. Perhaps it is not truly part of the void, but merely something that has learned to control it.

Rell is convinced it is not to be trusted. Perhaps I should abandon my inquiries. I fear I l toy with powers beyond my ken, but I must know more.

-----

The Article ends with a note that the writer was last scene entering a void portal, and a successor was appointed when they failed to return.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Well I I do have to buy fuel." He says. "And we just swapped out the firing powder based firing mechanisms for rail-systems. A whole lot safer if someone manages to hit the ammo bay."

He leads you onto the ship, which is crewed by scruffy looking Corpus, and rather dejected looking grineer. There are even a few Corrupted, with a red anchor branded on their shoulders. 

Marco comes to a stop outside a room with the Keeper's sigil on it.

"Everythign is dreary for you, Tak." He says. "I'll get us ready to cast off. Notify me when you have a heading."

"I don't think Tak's aesthetic is dreary per se," said Richard with a laugh, "but compared to yours I can see why you'd say that."  He gestured to the crew.  "Rather a ragtag bunch you've got here, Marco."

37 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I don't think Tak's aesthetic is dreary per se," said Richard with a laugh, "but compared to yours I can see why you'd say that."  He gestured to the crew.  "Rather a ragtag bunch you've got here, Marco."

((Well I can admit when I've done bad spelling.))

"I think you mean ready." Tak says. "I do formal, not dreary."

"The Corpus ones joined up for treasure." Marco says. "The Grineer ones too. Though in there case it was because they stole treasure, not so they could do it in the first place. And the Corrupted, well let's just say I run a tight ship and like an empty brig."

He ambles off, and you notice one of the legs of his warframe moves rather stiffly, as of the limb below cannot flex normally below the knee.

The room has a star chart, and the walls are lined with every type of Prime weapon, and a few multiples.

"Here." Tak says, handing you a Barton Prime with orange lights. "What can you tell me about the owner?"

The weapon is unusually warm to the touch. The barrel and casing seem to be modified for increased heat protection. The rounds in the chamber appear to be incendiary.

The casing appears to be somewhat worn, like desert rock.

Edited by Rakawan

The article downloads. It appears to be an article from one of the previous speakers.

-----

Holy Rell speaks often of the Lidless Eye. He refers to it as the Man in the Wall, but the way this entity seems to observe us promote ne to refer to it differently. I have tried without success to find additional information about it. It feels timeless, something from outside our world. I can hear it whispering sometiems, but it does not respond to my inquiries. It seems to have an unnatural fascination with the Tenno, shadowing their every step. It radiates he energies of the void, but in its presence they feel more chaotic than normal. Perhaps it is not truly part of the void, but merely something that has learned to control it.

Rell is convinced it is not to be trusted. Perhaps I should abandon my inquiries. I fear I l toy with powers beyond my ken, but I must know more.

-----

The Article ends with a note that the writer was last scene entering a void portal, and a successor was appointed when they failed to return.

Just what he expected: a strange, horrifing thing at the bottom of his hole. He unplugs the tablet, taking it back to sit. "What to make of this. An entity that watches the tenno. I wonder if it has ever acted." He searches for any additional information. 

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Just what he expected: a strange, horrifing thing at the bottom of his hole. He unplugs the tablet, taking it back to sit. "What to make of this. An entity that watches the tenno. I wonder if it has ever acted." He searches for any additional information. 

The only other documents are a list of operatives lost trying to contact the entity, and a decree forbidding anyone but the speaker from contacting Rell. The decree states that it is not an attempt to seize power, but rather to protect the flock.

Your screen flickers, and goes dark. Words appear on the screen.

"Report 17. Page 5."

The words persist for another second, and then the screen returns to normal.

Edited by Rakawan

52 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The only other documents are a list of operatives lost trying to contact the entity, and a decree forbidding anyone but the speaker from contacting Rell. The decree states that it is not an attempt to seize power, but rather to protect the flock.

Your screen flickers, and goes dark. Words appear on the screen.

"Report 17. Page 5."

The words persist for another second, and then the screen returns to normal.

Stabilis moves back to the wires, plugging one back into the tablet, and typed in the report number, still under the lidless eye files. He was suspicious, an unseen force helping him, or harming him, but he went along with it in hopes that it was to help him. 

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis moves back to the wires, plugging one back into the tablet, and typed in the report number, still under the lidless eye files. He was suspicious, an unseen force helping him, or harming him, but he went along with it in hopes that it was to help him. 

It takes a bit of searching but you do eventually find the report, filed under the Red Veil symbol. All but 17 are classified.

-----

Page 5

Informants observing the Arbiter of Miraalan have reported an unusual event. The Arbiter met with one of the colonists and displayed an object he called an 'obelisk'. The object matches descriptions given to us by Holy Rell of an object he designed to hold vast amounts of void energy. How did the Arbiter obtain this design, much less produce a working model? We ourselves, with the Holy One's guidance were unable to find the resources necessary. Were these two friends, at some point in the past? Or did the Arbiter steal the design from Holy Rell? We must keep an eye on him.

-----

Edited by Rakawan

On 9/6/2017 at 7:12 PM, 8009alpha said:

"Oh" he says with a slightly raised eyebrow."quite a grouping there. If the can Learn to work together they'd have almost have every base in combat covered other than healing."

gulping down the rest of his water he places his glass down before sliding it back for another refill. "But that would actually require them to work together" he mumbles out loud.

"Though as much as I've come here to relax, I wouldn't mind teaching a few more youngins. Though one question I have, totally unrelated, do you happen to have any open plots of land in a forrested area? Or mabye a small cabin for rent? If I'm going to be teaching I'll need a place to stay and I prefer the woods to be honest."

((Almost forgot about your post. Here ya go.))

"Perhaps." Seven says. "Speak of the devils."

Four Tenno walk into the bar. Both the Rhino and the Ash drop their weapons in an empty box. The Nova however keeps walking, her head tilted as if thinking about something.

There is a crash as the Zephyr hits her head on the top of the door, jostling the glasses on the shelf next to it.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

((Almost forgot about your post. Here ya go.))

"Perhaps." Seven says. "Speak of the devils."

Four Tenno walk into the bar. Both the Rhino and the Ash drop their weapons in an empty box. The Nova however keeps walking, her head tilted as if thinking about something.

There is a crash as the Zephyr hits her head on the top of the door, jostling the glasses on the shelf next to it.

Letting out a low rumbling chuckle at the unfortunate Zephyr he looks back twoards seven. "She do that often?" He asks with a slight smile and a raised eyebrow.

18 hours ago, Rakawan said:

It takes a bit of searching but you do eventually find the report, filed under the Red Veil symbol. All but 17 are classified.

-----

Page 5

Informants observing the Arbiter of Miraalan have reported an unusual event. The Arbiter met with one of the colonists and displayed an object he called an 'obelisk'. The object matches descriptions given to us by Holy Rell of an object he designed to hold vast amounts of void energy. How did the Arbiter obtain this design, much less produce a working model? We ourselves, with the Holy One's guidance were unable to find the resources necessary. Were these two friends, at some point in the past? Or did the Arbiter steal the design from Holy Rell? We must keep an eye on him.

-----

Stabilis was begin to understand the unease.  If the Arbiter of Miraalan's intentions are shaded, then there is no certainty of who's side he was on.  He decided to do one last search; Arbiter of Miraalan, Rell.  What he would find, he could only hope.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis was begin to understand the unease.  If the Arbiter of Miraalan's intentions are shaded, then there is no certainty of who's side he was on.  He decided to do one last search; Arbiter of Miraalan, Rell.  What he would find, he could only hope.

The search for Rell turns up a number of results, most classified for the Speaker only. The search for Arbiter of Miraalan, however, turns up two results. One shows an Orokin symbol, and the other shows a Meridian one.

12 hours ago, 8009alpha said:

Letting out a low rumbling chuckle at the unfortunate Zephyr he looks back twoards seven. "She do that often?" He asks with a slight smile and a raised eyebrow.

Seven snaps his fingers.

"Oi, Lucy." He says. "You know the rules. You too Maurice."

He turns back to you.

"Enough for me to consider moving the glasses." He says. 

The Rhino and the Ash are gesturing wildly, indicating an intense argument, but you do not hear any words. It seems they are communicating over a closed channel.

Seven snaps his fingers.

"Oi, Lucy." He says. "You know the rules. You too Maurice."

He turns back to you.

"Enough for me to consider moving the glasses." He says. 

The Rhino and the Ash are gesturing wildly, indicating an intense argument, but you do not hear any words. It seems they are communicating over a closed channel.

" I can understand the sentiment despite not experiencing it, but have dealt with similar he says before gesturing to the rhino and ash. " so what's their story, they seem to be quiet chatty with each other" he says with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

1 hour ago, 8009alpha said:

" I can understand the sentiment despite not experiencing it, but have dealt with similar he says before gesturing to the rhino and ash. " so what's their story, they seem to be quiet chatty with each other" he says with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

At that moment the Rhino seizes the Ash by the throat, lifting him. The Ash responds by extending its wrist blade until the tip touches the underside of the Rhino's helmet.

Seven clears the table and you hear a click as he slots a magazine into a four barreled Grineer shotgun.

"Oi! Both of you!" He shouts. "No fighting!"

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The search for Rell turns up a number of results, most classified for the Speaker only. The search for Arbiter of Miraalan, however, turns up two results. One shows an Orokin symbol, and the other shows a Meridian one.

Stabilis decides to select the orokin symbol, hoping for some sort of backstory, or history of actions of the Arbiter of Miraalan.

At that moment the Rhino seizes the Ash by the throat, lifting him. The Ash responds by extending its wrist blade until the tip touches the underside of the Rhino's helmet.

Seven clears the table and you hear a click as he slots a magazine into a four barreled Grineer shotgun.

"Oi! Both of you!" He shouts. "No fighting!"

Getting up Forrest strides over twoards the two, his long travelers cloak shifting as he brings his arms out of it. Putting a large hand on each of there shoulders he grips onto both tightly as he towers over the both of them, "I think you two need to cool down a little" he says giving them both a frosty glare. "I would put him down if I where you youngling" he says harshly to the smaller rhino before turning to the ash. "Retract your little tooth pick, before I break it and you"

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

Stabilis decides to select the orokin symbol, hoping for some sort of backstory, or history of actions of the Arbiter of Miraalan.

-----

Information Report: Ryoko Tanis

Titles: Frostblade, Knight of the Frozen Wastes, Lord of the Reliquary, Founder of the Keepers, Master of Nalakesh the Void Devourer, Arbiter of Miraalan.

An Elder Tenno responsible for the founding of the Phenix Colony, Ryoko Tanis seems to delight in involving himself in any venture that could further his own personal power. He created the Archon power suits, and assisted in the development of the Manticore suits. He is responsible for the recruitment of the Dex Enclave into the ranks of the colony, as well as the formation of the Ascendance project. While initial assessments indicate he is attempting to build an army, recent events have seen him turn over control of these forces to other individuals. While his motives for such are suspect, he seems intent on strengthening the human portion of the resistance. 

Of particular note among his possessions are the Obelisks, objects created to hold vast amounts of void energy. These were originally used to aid Tenno in keeping their powers in check when visiting the colony. This also allowed the Obelisks to gather immense amounts of void energy. The intended use behind these devices is unknown. 

In addition to the Obelisks the Arbiter has shown skill crafting items from prismarite crystals. Attempts by our operatives to mirror this have ended poorly. To date there is not example of him crafting a weapon from such. However legends surrounding him from the Orokin age hint that such an action did take place. The result was known as Nalakesh, the Void Devourer. The legends are vague, as all legends are, but suggest that such a weapon was capable of absorbing void energy, making it exceptionally useful against other Tenno. There is no indication of such an confrontation, but Tenno operatives shadowing the Arbiter are advised to exercise caution. He has demonstrated exceptional skills in all forms of combat. This, paired with Nalakesh, should he still possess it, makes any confrontation with less than a full squadron of Tenno ill-advised. Confrontation by Operatives is considered a class-A suicidal endeavor.

The Arbiter is the founder of the Keepers, and has demonstrated their advanced capacity for void manipulation, however the title was recently passed on to a Tenno known as Tak. Rumors indicate he intends to, or has, left the group. 

While initially hostile to Veil, he has since aided in several efforts. While he has earned the right to contribute to our cause, caution is advised when dealing with him. He is known to hold a dim view on the extremes we must sometimes resort to, and his recent abandonment of Hexis indicates that he view his alliances as nothing but a means to an end. 

-----

The report continues on with several, increasingly difficult to believe rumors of exploits, but contains no other verifiable data.