The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

A rather old, beat up Liset unmasked itself, approaching the Relay that controlled astral traffic to Synergy.

"Open the comms to control signals," the warframe within spoke, standing in the far back of the ship's main deck, his body shrouded in the shadows cast by the strangely warped walls of the craft. The ship shuddered as the sounds of fluid sloshed within the hull. The warframe nodded, almost as if in response to the creaking. "Excellent. Kill the engines while we wait to be hailed."

The lights of the relay shining in through the front view port glistened off the single, still polished corner of an otherwise incredibly rusty Tigris Prime.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:39 AM, Rakawan said:

The armory is rather simple for pirates. 

You can also see purely metal rounds, likely suggesting rail based cannons instead of powder based ones.

You feel a slight tremor as the ship comes out of punch. The armory items, however, seem unaffected.

Simplicity wasn't always a bad thing - the simplest solution is often the best, after all.

Richard set the shotgun back down on the rack and headed back toward the bridge.

46 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Simplicity wasn't always a bad thing - the simplest solution is often the best, after all.

Richard set the shotgun back down on the rack and headed back toward the bridge.

As you approach the ship you feel it rock with tremors. 

Lookign out from the bridge you can see Meridian forces engaged with Grineer. The Kuva Fortress givers nearby, firing shells and lasers down at the Grineer encampment below.

You hear a ping a familiar voice enters your comms.

”Hello Richard.” Darrin says with his trademark calm. “Might I inquire what you are doing in the middle of my assault fleet?”

The ships around you, under heavy fire, bear the Meridian mark.

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you approach the ship you feel it rock with tremors. 

Lookign out from the bridge you can see Meridian forces engaged with Grineer. The Kuva Fortress givers nearby, firing shells and lasers down at the Grineer encampment below.

You hear a ping a familiar voice enters your comms.

”Hello Richard.” Darrin says with his trademark calm. “Might I inquire what you are doing in the middle of my assault fleet?”

The ships around you, under heavy fire, bear the Meridian mark.

"Sorry for the sudden appearance, Arbiter," Richard replied with equal equanimity.  "We won't be long.  Might I provide assistance while I'm planetside?"

On 11/8/2017 at 10:08 PM, Rakawan said:

“Most of the leaders here are well aware of the nature of the Orokin.” Sarah says. “We want the glory and security of the Empire, not the arrogance. The goal is to mesh the best of both worlds.”

"Let's hope it works out. Who are these leader lot anyway?" 

On 11/25/2017 at 6:42 PM, Rakawan said:

You hear snippets of conversation that seem to imply that harming the Obelisk has an undesirable, but controllable effect on some sort of barrier. The Keepers and Neophytes see to be making plans to station guards around the remaining ones.

You reach your classroom without incident. You can still feel a dull throbbing in the arm that struck the Obelisk, likely some sort of defense originating from the shard itself.

He takes out the shard, setting it on the desk.  He locks the door, and approaches the shard.  "We should act quickly.  Shade, any ideas on how to deconstruct this thing?"

On 11/13/2017 at 9:50 PM, Rakawan said:

Alan recovers whatever bodies he can find, storing the remains of the oro and levitating them to take the strain off the soldiers.

Dixon and Darrin walk on either side of the Banshee, looking like an honor guard of sorts.

-----

Philip pauses for a moment as if considering something, then draws one of his dual blades and offers it to you.

"These blades belonged to my father." He says. "They have to long a history for me to abandon completely them for another, no matter who offers it. So I propose a trade. One of my father's blades, in exchange for Deborah. While he would have my hide for giving it up, I think he would ultimately be proud for someone like you to possess one of his weapons."

The Longsword fires again, this time sending pods full of medical supplies, and other useful things, down to the surface.

At first, Sig wanted to reject. This is kid's family relic, and as a person who felt attachments to mementos himself, he felt that accepting would conflict his values. Yet, the offer seemed sincere and with social undertext, so turning it down would be rude at the very least. 

"Recognized be the memory of those who served and is serving our kind," he swapped with the swords, "we have the dignified place for the items like this and for the honor entangled to them"

Momentarily, he was distracted by the inner comms, listening and replying something. After that, he ran the surroundings with the gaze, fixating a group of warframes exiting the caverns. Before approaching the specific one of them, he turned his helmet back to Phil, clapping his shoulder lightly.

And then they were: two persons meeting after ages of separation. Both in commanding positions and thus required to act accordingly, suppressing all displays of emotions. Thy recognized each other even without taking off the helmet masks. He was leaning on his greatsword, she locked her arms over one's chest. The flame tongues around him were slowly fading, her frame was dusted, burnt, and scratched. After about ten seconds of hesitation, her helmet light's cyan began to shimmer, marking that she spoke first through the private voice channel.

"Never thought this day would look like this"
"Never thought you would say that when it comes..."

A moment of silence, she slightly lowered her helmet before regaining the posture and answering.

"I know what you are about to ask. That is impossible"
"I find it impossible to believe that the person who stood by me when I was insane, who lightened hope in the darkest days, and who became even more than a family, is rejecting us now. Why?"

She sighed and shifted her weight slightly, assuming the straight stance. 

"Do you remember how it was? The confusion of re-discovering this world, the emptiness caused by forgetting your past, the fear of being alone? I remember it all too well. We had to start over our lives in the new times and in the new world... Do you remember what you told me when we lost Cory to the sentients?"
"Don't look back, because nothing is ever going that way"
"Exactly. When I discovered who we were and what happened, I have already had a new life, the one that could not possibly align with the previous one. When I learned that you were searching for me, I hoped that you will eventually give up and this day will never come... that you would not make spell out the decision that will only aggrieve us both"
"But why you haven't made that clear? Why have you kept me searching for you - the person who meant the most - like a desperate fool, going more insane after each and every failed attempt to get to know of what happened to you?"

This time, she failed to answer

"If it wasn't for me, have you thought about the others? About Cef and Seo? Or have you discarded them too, just like me and everyone else who held you dear?"
"Why are you raising this? Now - when you know the answer. Do you want me to suffer? Do you want me to feel guilty? If that would make you feel better, I do!"

The uncomfortable silence hung in their comms.

"... I just thought that would be best for all of us..." she said with a tortured sigh.
"You have changed" he replied after a pause.
"But you haven't" she retorted and then added with the half-sad and half-ironic laugh "after all we've been through, you haven't"

Yet another pause hung. It appears that these two needed no words to converse.

"I'm sorry" She finally confessed, to which the man seemingly lowered his shoulders and began to dig in his holopad. Soon, he extracted a datum and handed it to her. The lotus operative transport already arrived by that moment, and some of the survivors began to move in its direction. The time was running short. 

"We have recovered the personal cases. The classified personal cases with all that they hid from us... Just in case if you haven't discarded the past completely, there might be something on your younger sister's fates" 

She took the datum slice and returned his question back

"But why?"
"Because semper fidelis, Lois. Just like you taught me"

This time, she failed to pick an answer. Holding to the datum slice she turned around and began to walk towards the transporter, being hugged little bit appropriately by one of the men from her unit in the process. She mustered one last glance over her shoulder before disappearing into the vessel that took off with the recovered group and the cistern.

The man watched her without shifting in pose up until the vessels disappeared in the atmosphere. Then, he became peaky and reflectively massaged the nape of his helmet, as if it would relieve him from the stress and disappointment. The mighty being caused the judgement day upon swarms of grineer now looked like a tired and injured beast, harmed not by the bullets but by the words. Even his aura became disruptive and chaotic, signaling that there is a storm concealed deep under the armor and officer's restraint. 

Soon, he opened the comms again, browsing the incoming messages from all the contacts that were delayed due to the radio silence.

"Global situation?" he asked Darrin with a dry voice

On 11/13/2017 at 9:54 PM, Rakawan said:

"My name. Is. Hassan." The Ash says over a comm channel. Despite his stoic tone, you can hear great pain in his voice. "I am chief Assasin. Of the Shadowed Path. I have information. For the one known as Teloch. I. Demand. An. Audience."

"I heard you wanted him dead." Sam says. "But I also know we both want answers."

After switching to his inner comms and back, one of the troopers sent another message, now decrypted
"[WTC] Mj.Lt Ferguson O.: Pardon me, madam, we've been instructed either to wait or to dismantle and digitalize the client. So, how would you like him? Late or compressed? If the latter, I would ask you to turn away while we do the nitty gritty job"

Edited by Teloch

12 minutes ago, Teloch said:

At first, Sig wanted to reject. This is kid's family relic, and as a person who felt attachments to mementos himself, he felt that accepting would conflict his values. Yet, the offer seemed sincere and with social undertext, so turning it down would be rude at the very least. 

"Recognized be the memory of those who served and is serving our kind," he swapped with the swords, "we have the dignified place for the items like this and for the honor entangled to them"

Momentarily, he was distracted by the inner comms, listening and replying something. After that, he ran the surroundings with the gaze, fixating a group of warframes exiting the caverns. Before approaching the specific one of them, he turned his helmet back to Phil, clapping his shoulder lightly.

And then they were: two persons meeting after ages of separation. Both in commanding positions and thus required to act accordingly, suppressing all displays of emotions. Thy recognized each other even without taking off the helmet masks. He was leaning on his greatsword, she locked her arms over one's chest. The flame tongues around him were slowly fading, her frame was dusted, burnt, and scratched. After about ten seconds of hesitation, her helmet light's cyan began to shimmer, marking that she spoke first through the private voice channel.

"Never thought this day would look like this"
"Never thought you would say that when it comes..."

A moment of silence, she slightly lowered her helmet before regaining the posture and answering.

"I know what you are about to ask. That is impossible"
"I find it impossible to believe that the person who stood by me when I was insane, who lightened hope in the darkest days, and who became even more than a family, is rejecting us now. Why?"

She sighed and shifted her weight slightly, assuming the straight stance. 

"Do you remember how it was? The confusion of re-discovering this world, the emptiness caused by forgetting your past, the fear of being alone? I remember it all too well. We had to start over our lives in the new times and in the new world... Do you remember what you told me when we lost Cory to the sentients?"
"Don't look back, because nothing is ever going that way"
"Exactly. When I discovered who we were and what happened, I have already had a new life, the one that could not possibly align with the previous one. When I learned that you were searching for me, I hoped that you will eventually give up and this day will never come... that you would not make spell out the decision that will only aggrieve us both"
"But why you haven't made that clear? Why have you kept me searching for you - the person who meant the most - like a desperate fool, going more insane after each and every failed attempt to get to know of what happened to you?"

This time, she failed to answer

"If it wasn't for me, have you thought about the others? About Cef and Seo? Or have you discarded them too, just like me and everyone else who held you dear?"
"Why are you raising this? Now - when you know the answer. Do you want me to suffer? Do you want me to feel guilty? If that would make you feel better, I do!"

The uncomfortable silence hung in their comms.

"... I just thought that would be best for all of us..." she said with a tortured sigh.
"You have changed" he replied after a pause.
"But you haven't" she retorted and then added with the half-sad and half-ironic laugh "after all we've been through, you haven't"

Yet another pause hung. It appears that these two needed no words to converse.

"I'm sorry" She finally confessed, to which the man seemingly lowered his shoulders and began to dig in his holopad. Soon, he extracted a datum and handed it to her. The lotus operative transport already arrived by that moment, and some of the survivors began to move in its direction. The time was running short. 

"We have recovered the personal cases. The classified personal cases with all that they hid from us... Just in case if you haven't discarded the past completely, there might be something on your younger sister's fates" 

She took the datum slice and returned his question back

"But why?"
"Because semper fidelis, Lois. Just like you taught me"

This time, she failed to pick an answer. Holding to the datum slice she turned around and began to walk towards the transporter, being hugged little bit appropriately by one of the men from her unit in the process. She mustered one last glance over her shoulder before disappearing into the vessel that took off with the recovered group and the cistern.

The man watched her without shifting in pose up until the vessels disappeared in the atmosphere. Then, he became peaky and reflectively massaged the nape of his helmet, as if it would relieve him from the stress and disappointment. The mighty being caused the judgement day upon swarms of grineer now looked like a tired and injured beast, harmed not by the bullets but by the words. Even his aura became disruptive and chaotic, signaling that there is a storm concealed deep under the armor and officer's restraint. 

Soon, he opened the comms again, browsing the incoming messages from all the contacts that were delayed due to the radio silence.

"Global situation?" he asked Darrin with a dry voice

Phil launches into a series of kata, testinggnand adpting to the new blades weight and balance. His style seems to kdnictae a preference for blocking with the thicker, heavier Dex Dakra, while using Deborah to strike.

Darrin watches the exchange with a slight tilt to his head that almost implies he is somehow listening, a theory his actions afterwards neither confirm nor deny.

”Globally we have control of the area, though I do not recommend staying here longer than is necessary.” He says. “System wide you have missed some new things. Sargus Ruk plans to move on Lua. He has borrowed a fleet from Kril no doubt bought with promises of loot to be shared. Cressa plans to use this opportunity to acquire what we can from Ceres. My fleet will rendezvous shortly.”

He turns to go.

”My sources tell me the Assassin who targeted you has been apprehended by the Wraiths and is eager to speak to you.” He says. “I look forward to hearing what is uncovered.”

He steps onto a shuttle with the Manticore and departs.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Phil launches into a series of kata, testinggnand adpting to the new blades weight and balance. His style seems to kdnictae a preference for blocking with the thicker, heavier Dex Dakra, while using Deborah to strike.

Darrin watches the exchange with a slight tilt to his head that almost implies he is somehow listening, a theory his actions afterwards neither confirm nor deny.

”Globally we have control of the area, though I do not recommend staying here longer than is necessary.” He says. “System wide you have missed some new things. Sargus Ruk plans to move on Lua. He has borrowed a fleet from Kril no doubt bought with promises of loot to be shared. Cressa plans to use this opportunity to acquire what we can from Ceres. My fleet will rendezvous shortly.”

He turns to go.

”My sources tell me the Assassin who targeted you has been apprehended by the Wraiths and is eager to speak to you.” He says. “I look forward to hearing what is uncovered.”

He steps onto a shuttle with the Manticore and departs.

Sig commanded to bring the captive to the dislocation in his trademark laconic manner.

Ruk, Moon, fleets, loot. These four words can mean only one thing, and anyone remotely familiar with the balance of powers and trends would understand the implications.

He shot a text message to Ryoko:  "Hostiles layout?"

Edited by Teloch

7 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Sorry for the sudden appearance, Arbiter," Richard replied with equal equanimity.  "We won't be long.  Might I provide assistance while I'm planetside?"

Coordinates appear. 

“There is a surveillance hub that may serve both our needs.” Darrin says. “My forces can get you close.”

4 hours ago, Teloch said:

After switching to his inner comms and back, one of the troopers sent another message, now decrypted
"[WTC] Mj.Lt Ferguson O.: Pardon me, madam, we've been instructed either to wait or to dismantle and digitalize the client. So, how would you like him? Late or compressed? If the latter, I would ask you to turn away while we do the nitty gritty job"

The Banshee puts a hand on her hip.

”Compression since I’m on the clock.” She says. “And if you think watching some fool get disintegrated might upset my delicate psyche you might want to ask yourself who loosened his tongue.”

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

Sig commanded to bring the captive to the dislocation in his trademark laconic manner.

Ruk, Moon, fleets, loot. These four words can mean only one thing, and anyone remotely familiar with the balance of powers and trends would understand the implications.

He shot a text message to Ryoko:  "Hostiles layout?"

It is Felicity that answers the hail.

”Ahh Brigadier General.” She says. “I was hoping you’d call.”

On 11/26/2017 at 1:47 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

A rather old, beat up Liset unmasked itself, approaching the Relay that controlled astral traffic to Synergy.

"Open the comms to control signals," the warframe within spoke, standing in the far back of the ship's main deck, his body shrouded in the shadows cast by the strangely warped walls of the craft. The ship shuddered as the sounds of fluid sloshed within the hull. The warframe nodded, almost as if in response to the creaking. "Excellent. Kill the engines while we wait to be hailed."

The lights of the relay shining in through the front view port glistened off the single, still polished corner of an otherwise incredibly rusty Tigris Prime.

The warframe stood unmoving, within the dimly lit interior of his ship. His long, pointed fingers tapped rhythmically against a nearby control panel that rested his arm, like a spider prancing about in some kind of ritualistic dance.

The old ship creaked and groaned, the sheets of metal that held it together straining as if they would burst at any moment.

"Soon," the warframe spoke, as if to calm the nervousness in the air around it. "Our patience will be rewarded. With the things that have been happening around here, it's unlikely that they would ignore a ship facing towards them and waiting."

Edited by Almighty_Jado

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

It is Felicity that answers the hail.

”Ahh Brigadier General.” She says. “I was hoping you’d call.”

Sig was definitely not in a humor for casual small talks implied by Felicity's response. He made a deep breath and employed the most neutral tone he could muster to prevent all the rage and disappointment that he experienced before from seeping into his speech.

"Mrs. Tannis, I found myself in the circumstances when I must collect the operative data on all the major flashpoints and give out the orders asap. If you would fail to provide me with such regarding the situation in your sector, I'm afraid the hope you mentioned will turn futile"

Edited by Teloch

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

The warframe stood unmoving, within the dimly lit interior of his ship. His long, pointed fingers tapped rhythmically against a nearby control panel that rested his arm, like a spider prancing about in some kind of ritualistic dance.

The old ship creaked and groaned, the sheets of metal that held it together straining as if they would burst at any moment.

"Soon," the warframe spoke, as if to calm the nervousness in the air around it. "Our patience will be rewarded. With the things that have been happening around here, it's unlikely that they would ignore a ship facing towards them and waiting."

A moment later rail control comes over comms.

”Steven you blasted idiot, the red blinking light means we have a visitor.” A voice snaps. “Stupid child. Ahh mic is on. Hello sir, how can we help?”

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

A moment later rail control comes over comms.

”Steven you blasted idiot, the red blinking light means we have a visitor.” A voice snaps. “Stupid child. Ahh mic is on. Hello sir, how can we help?”

"Greetings," Kapak spoke into the comm, "We- I am Kapak. It should be made known to you that I am here on a mission to acquire a specific type of organism that can be found on Phenix. Let us call it a.... culinary expedition."

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Coordinates appear. 

“There is a surveillance hub that may serve both our needs.” Darrin says. “My forces can get you close.”

"Acknowledged."  Richard sighed, stretched, and resumed Transference to his Warframe.

16 hours ago, Teloch said:

Sig was definitely not in a humor for casual small talks implied by Felicity's response. He made a deep breath and employed the most neutral tone he could muster to prevent all the rage and disappointment that he experienced before from seeping into his speech.

"Mrs. Tannis, I found myself in the circumstances when I must collect the operative data on all the major flashpoints and give out the orders asap. If you would fail to provide me with such regarding the situation in your sector, I'm afraid the hope you mentioned will turn futile"

While you are speaking her gaze drifts to what you can tell is another screen, she says something and nods, then turns back to yours.

”Sending tactical information now.” She says. “One moment.”

She turns to another screen and you hear her voice take on a more authoritative tone.

”I don’t care how much you like it, Simon.” She says. “If you cannot secure the asset then destroy it. We can always have teams research then pieces, but we cannot afford to let the Grineer have a functioning model.”

The data about enemy composition comes up. Grineer Galleons fill the skies over Lua divided into layers. Fomorians are dispersed within their ranks, several at each layer. The outermost ships are pointed outwards and notes suggest they have full powered scans sweeping the area every few seconds, with several ship destroyed despite trying to approach from the void itself. No ship, void cloak or no, is getting close without being seen, much less a fleet. 

Corpus ships seem to occpy about a third of the skies over Lua, providing one possible location for approach. 

It appears there are now Twelve Fomorians and seventh-five Galleons. Grineer ground and orbital fighter numbers are indeterminate. The Reliquary sits in corpus territory, but the battle line seems to be moving towards it. 

The Corpus are fielding five Obelisk class dreadnoughts and about a score of heavy cruisers. Orbital defenses are scattered across the surface, with several listed as in need of immediate repair. Despite that there seem to be enough to keep the Grineer from fielding more than a third of the landing forces they send.

13 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Greetings," Kapak spoke into the comm, "We- I am Kapak. It should be made known to you that I am here on a mission to acquire a specific type of organism that can be found on Phenix. Let us call it a.... culinary expedition."

“Any contraband aboard your ship?” The rail control asks. “Scans will confirm just so you know.”

Edited by Rakawan

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Acknowledged."  Richard sighed, stretched, and resumed Transference to his Warframe.

When you return to the bridge you see the Paragons recovered so far standing there as of waiting for something.

”Alright lad.” Marco says. “One of us needs to stay with the ship, the others will go with you.”

On 11/27/2017 at 12:24 PM, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

He takes out the shard, setting it on the desk.  He locks the door, and approaches the shard.  "We should act quickly.  Shade, any ideas on how to deconstruct this thing?"

The pain fades as the shard is placed on the table and physical contact is severed. 

“I don’t think we can.” He says. “It appears to be just  rock.”

The shard does indeed appear to be nothing more than a shard of prismarite. There are no visible circuits or systems that would explain its function. It does however seem to contain a bit of residual void energy.

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Any contraband aboard your ship?” The rail control asks. “Scans will confirm just so you know.”

"Hmmm." Kapak lazily eyes the warped structure of the entire ship. The lights of the relay reflected off a loose panel, casting light over swathes of infestation weaving in and out of the ship's nooks and crannies. He looked downwards to where his feet merged into the grotesque roots of the ship. "Well, technically there's only one of us in here.... but we- I've heard about some of your protocols. Why don't you go ahead and scan our- my ship here and then I'll explain what you find." Kapak stretched, the light finally catching his body, revealing him to be a Nidus.

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

"Hmmm." Kapak lazily eyes the warped structure of the entire ship. The lights of the relay reflected off a loose panel, casting light over swathes of infestation weaving in and out of the ship's nooks and crannies. He looked downwards to where his feet merged into the grotesque roots of the ship. "Well, technically there's only one of us in here.... but we- I've heard about some of your protocols. Why don't you go ahead and scan our- my ship here and then I'll explain what you find." Kapak stretched, the light finally catching his body, revealing him to be a Nidus.

A scan plays over the ship and you hear a scrabbling noise.

"Mother of....!" The man says. "Sir, I don't mean to alarm you but your ship appears to be almost entirely infested. If you can safely eject we can send over an ember to clean it out."

((Do scans find anything else. If so and you want to keep it secret you can message me.))