The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

15 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

The shot terrified and aroused Odrah simultaneously. He slowly took his arm an gently lowered Mesa's firing hand.

"Alright, you can shoot. Good to know," Odrah said, shock emanating through his voice.

"Let's just get back onto my ship before someone gets killed"

“Hang on.” She says. “You’ve got a choice to make. I’m not working with HIM.”

She points to Dixon.

”He’s undisciplined, childish, and faked his own death instead of calling the next morning.”

”I am more than happy to travel with her.” Dixon says. “Just for the  record.”

43 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Hang on.” She says. “You’ve got a choice to make. I’m not working with HIM.”

She points to Dixon.

”He’s undisciplined, childish, and faked his own death instead of calling the next morning.”

”I am more than happy to travel with her.” Dixon says. “Just for the  record.”

Odrah thought for a moment.

"Hang on, I have an idea" Odrah said. He withdrew to a corner and activated his earpiece.

"Silo? Do you read?"

"Listen, the moment you have an opportunity to get away from these void freaks, let me know so we can find an isolated planetoid to live the rest of your days on."

"What's wrong Silo?"

"YOU TELEPORTED OFF THE SHIP! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"Wow Silo! This is new! Have you been working on your emotion and compassion precepts?"

Silo went silent for a second. He resumed his monotone voice.

"...What do you need operator?"

"What's the current capacity of the crash vault?"

"Structural integrity is at ninety-"

"Inventory capacity!"

"The crash vault is currently at 60% capacity"

"Thank you, Silo" Odrah finished.

He turned to the others. "Alright, I have a plan that should make everyone happy," Odrah started.

He turned to Sierra "We'll all be riding on my ship down to Phenix, Dixon included."

He looked at Dixon "However, Dixon will be riding in the crash vault."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“Why would you want to get beyond them?” She asks, puzzled. “Then you’d run into the wall.”

"I ment it as rhat I like their idea."

The Mesa calmly draws and fires a pistol behind her. 

Dixon, his hand inches away from an exposed electrical terminal, freezes as the bullet narrowly missed his wrist. 

Fell whistles at the shoot. "You certainly fit the framw."

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

The shot terrified and aroused Odrah simultaneously. He slowly took his arm an gently lowered Mesa's firing hand.

"Alright, you can shoot. Good to know," Odrah said, shock emanating through his voice.

"Let's just get back onto my ship before someone gets killed"

"Doubt anyone would die here"

57 minutes ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

"split up into the walkways and take them out." Dark says going into one. "please JUST BE THE END!" Dark thinks. 

The troopers proceed otbo the walkways, prompting several disagreements about how they should take out the yards before one of them walks up and snaps the Grineer Lancer’s neck. He drags the Grineer off to the side and props him up as if sleeping.

The door to the outpost is locked, requiring a Hack. 

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The troopers proceed otbo the walkways, prompting several disagreements about how they should take out the yards before one of them walks up and snaps the Grineer Lancer’s neck. He drags the Grineer off to the side and props him up as if sleeping.

The door to the outpost is locked, requiring a Hack. 

Dark began hacking. "Cover me just in case. " Dark says. "good thing i know binary code." dark thinks.   

13 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Dark began hacking. "Cover me just in case. " Dark says. "good thing i know binary code." dark thinks.   

The low level Grineer systems breaks easily enough, after a few failed attempts at using binary code you manage to price together the Grineer coding language. 

The door opens revealing a long hallways lined with doors.

15 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Then we had best not waste any time."

Traversing deep into the wastekands you find a singleoutpost ghat appears to be occupied entirely by Nox. The outpost is decorated with the melted and pitted skullls of other Grineer.

The Tenno signature is coming from inside.

18 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah thought for a moment.

"Hang on, I have an idea" Odrah said. He withdrew to a corner and activated his earpiece.

"Silo? Do you read?"

"Listen, the moment you have an opportunity to get away from these void freaks, let me know so we can find an isolated planetoid to live the rest of your days on."

"What's wrong Silo?"

"YOU TELEPORTED OFF THE SHIP! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"Wow Silo! This is new! Have you been working on your emotion and compassion precepts?"

Silo went silent for a second. He resumed his monotone voice.

"...What do you need operator?"

"What's the current capacity of the crash vault?"

"Structural integrity is at ninety-"

"Inventory capacity!"

"The crash vault is currently at 60% capacity"

"Thank you, Silo" Odrah finished.

He turned to the others. "Alright, I have a plan that should make everyone happy," Odrah started.

He turned to Sierra "We'll all be riding on my ship down to Phenix, Dixon included."

He looked at Dixon "However, Dixon will be riding in the crash vault."

“Not the crash vault.” Dixon says. “Anything but the crash vault.”

His pleading seems fake.

18 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"I ment it as rhat I like their idea."

Fell whistles at the shoot. "You certainly fit the framw."

"Doubt anyone would die here"

“They will if I shoot them.” Sierra says. “Special permissions to the safety field and all that.”

38 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Not the crash vault.” Dixon says. “Anything but the crash vault.”

His pleading seems fake.

“They will if I shoot them.” Sierra says. “Special permissions to the safety field and all that.”

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"As long as you don't shoot anyone that's on our side, like Dixon overthere." 

“She won’t be able to shoot Dixon, because he’ll be behind 5 layers of oxium-rubidium alloy layered with reinforced steel and an entire ship.”

Odrah turned to Dixon “You won’t have to worry about a thing. That crash vault has taken an entire armada’s worth of bullets and missiles. I have never seen anything even dent the darn thing, let alone pierce through.”

On 1/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, kyrozon said:

"As long as you don't shoot anyone that's on our side, like Dixon overthere." 

She shows her pistol. 

“After an hour with him you might be begging me to shoot him.” She says, walking past you.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:59 AM, ljmadruga said:

“She won’t be able to shoot Dixon, because he’ll be behind 5 layers of oxium-rubidium alloy layered with reinforced steel and an entire ship.”

Odrah turned to Dixon “You won’t have to worry about a thing. That crash vault has taken an entire armada’s worth of bullets and missiles. I have never seen anything even dent the darn thing, let alone pierce through.”

Dixon says nothing but rubs his hands together gleefully.

A sense of foreboding fills you.

”I’ll call up the Chancellor’s guard while you get your ship close enough for us to extend an airlock bridge.” She says. “Hopefully the Chancellor is in a good mood.”

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

She shows her pistol. 

“After an hour with him you might be begging me to shoot him.” She says, walking past you.

Dixon says nothing but rubs his hands together gleefully.

A sense of foreboding fills you.

”I’ll call up the Chancellor’s guard while you get your ship close enough for us to extend an airlock bridge.” She says. “Hopefully the Chancellor is in a good mood.”

"Guess we will see." Fell replies as he turned to Odrah. "So seems like we are going to your ship again."

3 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Guess we will see." Fell replies as he turned to Odrah. "So seems like we are going to your ship again."

Fell would see Dixon slip a piece of the electrical system into his storage.

The group makes it back aboard the ship without incident.

40 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

"Yes" Odrah responded.

Odrah began to become a little suspicious of Dixon. He still intended to carry out his plan.

Sierra brings up the Chancellor on the viewscreen.

”My apologies Chancellor Seven.” She says. “We have a problem.”

The Chancellor looks remarkably awake.

”Let me guess.” He says. “Ket Prova?”

Sierra looks impressed.

”How did you...?” She asks.

”I had my Watchers keep tabs on him.” He says. “And talked to an old contact. Ket Prova is an acquaintance of Drex Marrak who recently got involved with a rather shady group believed to be involved in trafficking.”

He takes a sip of water.

“I like this truce with the corpus.” He says. “I like being able to buy from them, instead of having to hire Tenno to steal. I like my people feeling safe and secure

He hand tightens around the glass.

”However I love the way my grandchild looks at me like I am a hero.” He says. “I love being able to sleep at night knowing I have done right as much as any man could each day.”

His free hand rifts to his shoulder as if remember an old wound.

”And I HATE those who sell the lives and freedoms of others for a profit.” He says. “And I hate those who consider it good business to do business with such individuals. Meet me at the citadel. We are going to have a chat with Mr. Prova.”

Edited by Rakawan

Fell slows his pace slightly and taps Dixon on the shoulder. "What did you just grab?" 

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sierra brings up the Chancellor on the viewscreen.

”My apologies Chancellor Seven.” She says. “We have a problem.”

The Chancellor looks remarkably awake.

”Let me guess.” He says. “Ket Prova?”

Sierra looks impressed.

”How did you...?” She asks.

”I had my Watchers keep tabs on him.” He says. “And talked to an old contact. Ket Prova is an acquaintance of Drex Marrak who recently got involved with a rather shady group believed to be involved in trafficking.”

He takes a sip of water.

“I like this truce with the corpus.” He says. “I like being able to buy from them, instead of having to hire Tenno to steal. I like my people feeling safe and secure

He hand tightens around the glass.

”However I love the way my grandchild looks at me like I am a hero.” He says. “I love being able to sleep at night knowing I have done right as much as any man could each day.”

His free hand rifts to his shoulder as if remember an old wound.

”And I HATE those who sell the lives and freedoms of others for a profit.” He says. “And I hate those who consider it good business to do business with such individuals. Meet me at the citadel. We are going to have a chat with Mr. Prova.”

“Silo, is the vault ready for our guest?”

”Operator, you do realize the risk you’re taking?”

”That I could lose more than 6 million credit’s worth of material assets if I’m not careful? Yes I am aware. Are the countermeasures ready?”

”Affirmative”

”Commense the vault entry sequence”

Odrahs ship raised itself from the floor with its landing gear. A large and formidable door was revealed, hidden in the bottom of the ship.

On January 26, 2018 at 9:10 AM, Rakawan said:

The low level Grineer systems breaks easily enough, after a few failed attempts at using binary code you manage to price together the Grineer coding language. 

The door opens revealing a long hallways lined with doors.

Dark walks in wary of traps. "this Should end." Dark thinks.

17 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell slows his pace slightly and taps Dixon on the shoulder. "What did you just grab?" 

Dixon displays a small tube.

”Duscharge module.” He says. “Creates a small, almost harmless, burst of electricity. Useful for several things.”

16 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Silo, is the vault ready for our guest?”

”Operator, you do realize the risk you’re taking?”

”That I could lose more than 6 million credit’s worth of material assets if I’m not careful? Yes I am aware. Are the countermeasures ready?”

”Affirmative”

”Commense the vault entry sequence”

Odrahs ship raised itself from the floor with its landing gear. A large and formidable door was revealed, hidden in the bottom of the ship.

Dixon walks up to the door, examining the material. 

“Hmm, rubedo played, so X3 would be too weak.” He mumbles. “X7 might do it, or splatter me across the room.”

He turns to Odrah. 

“This will do nicely.” He says. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)gamegod-2002 said:

Dark walks in wary of traps. "this Should end." Dark thinks.

The hallway has several doors on each side and another at the end of the hall.

”Might he a good idea to recall the troops.” Serena says. “Grineer will be returning soon.”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon displays a small tube.

”Duscharge module.” He says. “Creates a small, almost harmless, burst of electricity. Useful for several things.”

Dixon walks up to the door, examining the material. 

“Hmm, rubedo played, so X3 would be too weak.” He mumbles. “X7 might do it, or splatter me across the room.”

He turns to Odrah. 

“This will do nicely.” He says. 

Odrah inputted a code on a small code into a panel and confirmed it with a palm reader. After an audible clunk, he turned a large wheel that opened the vault door.

He let Dixon in. Inside the vault are several cases, each filled to the brim with arcane enhancements and ayatan statues. A computer array was bolted to the back.

Odrah followed Dixon inside, closed the door, and grabbed a lex prime that hung on the inside of the vault. He pointed it at Dixon.

"Did you really think I was stupid enough to let a thief in my crash vault? Why are you here?"

Nobody could hear them now. They were completely sealed.

Onboard the ship, Silo took control of the systems and started the engines. They headed towards Phenix.

"Miss Sierra," Silo asked, "is there anything we should know about our friend in the vault?"

54 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah inputted a code on a small code into a panel and confirmed it with a palm reader. After an audible clunk, he turned a large wheel that opened the vault door.

He let Dixon in. Inside the vault are several cases, each filled to the brim with arcane enhancements and ayatan statues. A computer array was bolted to the back.

Odrah followed Dixon inside, closed the door, and grabbed a lex prime that hung on the inside of the vault. He pointed it at Dixon.

"Did you really think I was stupid enough to let a thief in my crash vault? Why are you here?"

Nobody could hear them now. They were completely sealed.

Onboard the ship, Silo took control of the systems and started the engines. They headed towards Phenix.

"Miss Sierra," Silo asked, "is there anything we should know about our friend in the vault?"

Dixon takes a seat on a nearby crate, looking for all the world as if he has no cares. 

“So It is true what they say about you lone Tenno.” He says. “Smart, but paranoid.”

He looks around the vault.

”I was hoping it would be empty.” He says. “Shame. I’ll have to test this somewhere else.”

He lifts a device that appears to be an improvised explosive. 

“And you can put that down.” He says, holding up a Lex Prime clip with his other hand. “Won’t do much without this.”

59 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“He likes to mess with people.” She says. “Pinching and then replacing things. Faking his own death. Blowing holes in things.”

She shifts.

”However a few days back, before he faked his death, he’s been changing. It’s as if he is testing himself, pushing himself.”

Dixon takes a seat on a nearby crate, looking for all the world as if he has no cares. 

“So It is true what they say about you lone Tenno.” He says. “Smart, but paranoid.”

He looks around the vault.

”I was hoping it would be empty.” He says. “Shame. I’ll have to test this somewhere else.”

He lifts a device that appears to be an improvised explosive. 

“And you can put that down.” He says, holding up a Lex Prime clip with his other hand. “Won’t do much without this.”

Odrah dropped the Lex.

"You haven't answered my question. Why are you here?" Odrah said. His eyes began to glow a hint of cerulean.

“He likes to mess with people.” She says. “Pinching and then replacing things. Faking his own death. Blowing holes in things.”

She shifts.

”However a few days back, before he faked his death, he’s been changing. It’s as if he is testing himself, pushing himself.”

"How so?" Silo inquired.