The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

5 hours ago, Rakawan said:

iDxon displays a small tube.

”Duscharge module.” He says. “Creates a small, almost harmless, burst of electricity. Useful for several things.”

"If you say so." 

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah dropped the Lex.

"You haven't answered my question. Why are you here?" Odrah said. His eyes began to glow a hint of cerulean.

"How so?" Silo inquired.

"He is starting to sound more and more like the usual lokis." 

2 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah dropped the Lex.

"You haven't answered my question. Why are you here?" Odrah said. His eyes began to glow a hint of cerulean.

Dixon stows the clip and the device.

”I am here because I am bored.” He says. “My teacher is otherwise occupied and seeing as how everyone I normally pester is on Lua I need something to do. Testing an breaching charge on a supposedly impenetrable vault struck me as a productive and entertaining use of my time. So did taking down a slave trafficking ring.”

2 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

"How so?" Silo inquired.

“Normally he’d pinch small things. Things you’d notice, but not really miss. Now he’s taking things that have uses. From places that would normally have measures to protect them.”

On 1/26/2018 at 10:11 AM, Rakawan said:

Traversing deep into the wastekands you find a singleoutpost ghat appears to be occupied entirely by Nox. The outpost is decorated with the melted and pitted skullls of other Grineer.

The Tenno signature is coming from inside.

Richard paused, simultaneously scanning with a sharper focus on the Tenno lifesign with his Warframe and reaching out with his senses to determine if the Tenno had noted their approach.

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard paused, simultaneously scanning with a sharper focus on the Tenno lifesign with his Warframe and reaching out with his senses to determine if the Tenno had noted their approach.

The Tenno appears to be within one of the rooms, working on something. As you stare at her she waves, and returns to her work. 

The Nox patrolling outside suddenly holster their weapons and slowly raise their hands.

”I think they know we are here.” Akama says.  

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

The Tenno appears to be within one of the rooms, working on something. As you stare at her she waves, and returns to her work. 

The Nox patrolling outside suddenly holster their weapons and slowly raise their hands.

”I think they know we are here.” Akama says.  

"She knows we're here, yes.  She waved at me."

Richard made his way toward the door.

12 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"She knows we're here, yes.  She waved at me."

Richard made his way toward the door.

The Nox, clearly aware of what Tenno can do, stand aside. 

Entering the room with the Saryn reveals a massive chemical lab. 

The Saryn appears to have just finished packing up her supplies.

”Ahh Kamama, She says, looking at Akama. “I’m guessing it’s a summons then.”

She stows her gear and turns to survey the group.

”Takky.” She says. “Long time no..”

The next thing you hear is a whoosh as Tak appears before her and a resounding thwack as his fist collides with her jaw.

He turns to the rest of you, Akama lifting the unconscious Saryn inside a bubble of light. 

“Never call me that.” He says. “Now let us be off.”

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Nox, clearly aware of what Tenno can do, stand aside. 

Entering the room with the Saryn reveals a massive chemical lab. 

The Saryn appears to have just finished packing up her supplies.

”Ahh Kamama, She says, looking at Akama. “I’m guessing it’s a summons then.”

She stows her gear and turns to survey the group.

”Takky.” She says. “Long time no..”

The next thing you hear is a whoosh as Tak appears before her and a resounding thwack as his fist collides with her jaw.

He turns to the rest of you, Akama lifting the unconscious Saryn inside a bubble of light. 

“Never call me that.” He says. “Now let us be off.”

"Is that everyone from this planet?"

8 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Is that everyone from this planet?"

Tak nods. 

“We still need a ride back to orbit.” He says. “Marcus, status?”

The static clears.

”A few things actually.” Marcus says. “Fighting has cleared up, I can get to you rather easily. But I have bad news. Zaeed escaped.”

”How is that bad?” Alana asks. “Now we don’t have to waste resources guarding him.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tak nods. 

“We still need a ride back to orbit.” He says. “Marcus, status?”

The static clears.

”A few things actually.” Marcus says. “Fighting has cleared up, I can get to you rather easily. But I have bad news. Zaeed escaped.”

”How is that bad?” Alana asks. “Now we don’t have to waste resources guarding him.”

"It's bad because he didn't escape," said Richard, planting his forehead in his palm.  "Felicity let him go, and while I'm sure she had what she thought was a perfectly valid reason, backed by solid, strategic logic, it wasn't up to her to make such a broad-reaching choice.  Every other claimant against Zaeed is going to be furious when they hear of this - the High Council especially.  There's going to be some SERIOUS politicking to be done now if we want there to be any diplomatic relations with them left, especially after the Arbiter's decision to thumb his nose at the Council with the entirety of Project Synergy in the first place."

He sighed.  "But we don't have time to deal with any of that right now.  I'll leave the issue of statesmanship to my better half while we find the other Paragons."

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"It's bad because he didn't escape," said Richard, planting his forehead in his palm.  "Felicity let him go, and while I'm sure she had what she thought was a perfectly valid reason, backed by solid, strategic logic, it wasn't up to her to make such a broad-reaching choice.  Every other claimant against Zaeed is going to be furious when they hear of this - the High Council especially.  There's going to be some SERIOUS politicking to be done now if we want there to be any diplomatic relations with them left, especially after the Arbiter's decision to thumb his nose at the Council with the entirety of Project Synergy in the first place."

He sighed.  "But we don't have time to deal with any of that right now.  I'll leave the issue of statesmanship to my better half while we find the other Paragons."

Marcus lands the ship and before long you find yourself back in the meeting room with the others. 

Tak is glaring at Felicity, who is sitting calmly on a crate. 

Alana is amusing herself by toying with bits of scrap, tearing then to dust. 

Akama and Elise are bickering about some minor event.

”Nalak, Paragon of Storms, is on Uranus.” She says. “You’ll know his location when you see it. Xane is gathering the others.”

She shifts.

“I know at least two of you have something to say to me.” She says. “So go ahead. Get it out of your system.”

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Marcus lands the ship and before long you find yourself back in the meeting room with the others. 

Tak is glaring at Felicity, who is sitting calmly on a crate. 

Alana is amusing herself by toying with bits of scrap, tearing then to dust. 

Akama and Elise are bickering about some minor event.

”Nalak, Paragon of Storms, is on Uranus.” She says. “You’ll know his location when you see it. Xane is gathering the others.”

She shifts.

“I know at least two of you have something to say to me.” She says. “So go ahead. Get it out of your system.”

Richard put up his hand to signify that he either didn't have the time or willingness to respond, instead moving to sit near Alana, watching her intently.

On 1/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, Rakawan said:

Dixon stows the clip and the device.

”I am here because I am bored.” He says. “My teacher is otherwise occupied and seeing as how everyone I normally pester is on Lua I need something to do. Testing an breaching charge on a supposedly impenetrable vault struck me as a productive and entertaining use of my time. So did taking down a slave trafficking ring.”

“Normally he’d pinch small things. Things you’d notice, but not really miss. Now he’s taking things that have uses. From places that would normally have measures to protect them.”

“Nobody detonates explosives in tight spaces expecting to get out alive” Odrah said. The anger was still present, but there was tinge of concern in his voice.

On the bridge, Silo began to contact the landing pad to begin the sequence.

”This is Cephalon Silo to Phenix, requesting a Landing Zone.”

16 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard put up his hand to signify that he either didn't have the time or willingness to respond, instead moving to sit near Alana, watching her intently.

Tak ppints to the door.

”This room is for Paragons.” He says. “Until the issue of your ascension is solved I refuse to formally recognize you as such.”

Felicity visually sags, leaving the room with a dejected shuffle.

Tak steps over to an open space and begins to meditate. 

“Welcome to the Paragons.” Alana says. “Masters of void, and blade, and bickering.”

——

“Kicked you out did they?” Marcus asks.

”Ryoko taught me that sometimes doing the right thing means following your own code.” She says. 

“Everyone has their own code.” Marcus says. “And that means that whatever you do has consequence. Right and wrong are absolutes, but they aren’t always absolutely clear. Best you can do is follow your heart and gut, and accept what happens.”

He tilts the wheel, pressing a button to launch the ship into the void. 

“What would you have done?” She asks.

”I would have said to hek with the Council and put a round between his eyes.” Marcus says. “But then again I am a man who willing calls himself a Pirate and slept with his best friend’s wife just because it made me look like an outlaw. There was more to it, but that’s what tipped the scales.”

”Ryoko is going to be furious.” Felicity says. 

“Welcome to the Paragons.” Marcus bellows with a laugh. “Half of us hate the other half, and half of those have a good reason. He’ll forgive you though. At the end of the day you are not only his wife, but you are a member of Miraalan. We stand by eachother.”

19 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Nobody detonates explosives in tight spaces expecting to get out alive” Odrah said. The anger was still present, but there was tinge of concern in his voice.

On the bridge, Silo began to contact the landing pad to begin the sequence.

”This is Cephalon Silo to Phenix, requesting a Landing Zone.”

A path appears to the central tower.

”Silo you are clear to land at Citadel platform.” The control officer says. “Bear in mind you are flying over a secure zone. Any weapons discharge or deviation from flight path will be considered a hostile action.”

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Tak ppints to the door.

”This room is for Paragons.” He says. “Until the issue of your ascension is solved I refuse to formally recognize you as such.”

Felicity visually sags, leaving the room with a dejected shuffle.

Tak steps over to an open space and begins to meditate. 

“Welcome to the Paragons.” Alana says. “Masters of void, and blade, and bickering.”

——

“Kicked you out did they?” Marcus asks.

”Ryoko taught me that sometimes doing the right thing means following your own code.” She says. 

“Everyone has their own code.” Marcus says. “And that means that whatever you do has consequence. Right and wrong are absolutes, but they aren’t always absolutely clear. Best you can do is follow your heart and gut, and accept what happens.”

He tilts the wheel, pressing a button to launch the ship into the void. 

“What would you have done?” She asks.

”I would have said to hek with the Council and put a round between his eyes.” Marcus says. “But then again I am a man who willing calls himself a Pirate and slept with his best friend’s wife just because it made me look like an outlaw. There was more to it, but that’s what tipped the scales.”

”Ryoko is going to be furious.” Felicity says. 

“Welcome to the Paragons.” Marcus bellows with a laugh. “Half of us hate the other half, and half of those have a good reason. He’ll forgive you though. At the end of the day you are not only his wife, but you are a member of Miraalan. We stand by eachother.”

"I believe the job description said 'follow the Code, answer the Call, and win the War", Richard said with a smirk.  "Didn't say anything about being friends."

23 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I believe the job description said 'follow the Code, answer the Call, and win the War", Richard said with a smirk.  "Didn't say anything about being friends."

“At least Now we don’t have to ferry him to trial.” Alana says. “And anyone who wants him dead can shoot on sight.  Win win in my book.”

The others nod or grunt in agreement, except Elise.

“I don’t think it’s right to judge her without hearing her side.” She says. “Can you honestly say that if one of us suddenly turned traitor you would put them down, or hand them over, without trying to find out why?”

”Ironic.” Akama says.

”I heard your reasons.” Elise says. “I may not consider them sufficient but I at least took the time to hear you out.”

38 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

A path appears to the central tower.

”Silo you are clear to land at Citadel platform.” The control officer says. “Bear in mind you are flying over a secure zone. Any weapons discharge or deviation from flight path will be considered a hostile action.”

Silo brought the ship in for a gentle landing. It hovered and lowered gently.

Odrah kneeled and meditated. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing. From the bridge, Odrah’s Limbo phased through its container. Limbo darted around the ship, grabbing Fell and Sierra before darting towards a wall.

”We need to get off the ship and clear the pad!” Odrah said.

The trio phased through a wall and fell towards the landing pad. Limbo halted their fall at the last second so that they were unharmed.

22 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Silo brought the ship in for a gentle landing. It hovered and lowered gently.

Odrah kneeled and meditated. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing. From the bridge, Odrah’s Limbo phased through its container. Limbo darted around the ship, grabbing Fell and Sierra before darting towards a wall.

”We need to get off the ship and clear the pad!” Odrah said.

The trio phased through a wall and fell towards the landing pad. Limbo halted their fall at the last second so that they were unharmed.

Dixon’s Loki collapses and a minute later an identical Loki steps from a teleport pad, motioning for you to follow.

”This way.” Dixon’s voice says. “Musn’t Keep the Chancellor waiting.”

The Loki back inside the vault is lying in a heap on the floor.

”And I recommend you don’t tamper with my spare frame.” Dixon says. “It has a very delicate self destruct trigger. In fact I recommend not jostling or sneezing on it. Or breathing. Really you might want to just offload it. It’s got an auto recall system.”

Edited by Rakawan

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon’s Loki collapses and a minute later an identical Loki steps from a teleport pad, motioning for you to follow.

”This way.” Dixon’s voice says. “Musn’t Keep the Chancellor waiting.”

The Loki back inside the vault is lying in a heap on the floor.

”And I recommend you don’t tamper with my spare frame.” Dixon says. “It has a very delicate self destruct trigger. In fact I recommend not jostling or sneezing on it. Or breathing. Really you might want to just offload it. It’s got an auto recall system.”

“The Chancellor can wait!”

Limbo bulletjumped up to the ship, phasing his hands through the crash vault, grabbing Odrah, and phasing him through the floor. Odrah rested his body a fair distance away from the pad.

Once everyone was safe, Odrah uttered three words to Silo.

”Drop the Vault.”

Just now, ljmadruga said:

“The Chancellor can wait!”

Limbo bulletjumped up to the ship, phasing his hands through the crash vault, grabbing Odrah, and phasing him through the floor. Odrah rested his body a fair distance away from the pad.

Once everyone was safe, Odrah uttered three words to Silo.

”Drop the Vault.”

Dixon draws his Rubico Rifle.

”Any particular reason you are suddenly so frantic?” He asks.

25 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon draws his Rubico Rifle.

”Any particular reason you are suddenly so frantic?” He asks.

The vault fell onto the landing pad below with an audible thud. A muffled bang followed shortly afterwards. The vault was unharmed from the outside.

Silo landed the ship right by where it landed.

Odrah glared at Dixon, unphased by the Rubico. “In times of crisis I prefer to make sure everyone gets out safe. Sure, I experiment. Sure, I’m wreckless. But I will never, ever, sacrifice a life for some selfish endeavor, Solah!”

Odrah realized the name he uttered at the end of his sentence.

He resumed a determined glare and walked away.  Before leaving he pad, Odrah’s Limbo stopped and held out a hand to his ship.

”Silo! Euphona!”

An elegant pistol shot out from the top of his ship, flying in a perfect arc before being caught by Limbo. He holstered it promptly and continued walking.

”Are you coming or not?” Odrah asked Sierra and Fell.

”Now he’s pissed” Silo commented through the speakers.

Odrah’s body rested peacefully off to the side. His hands clenched slowly into fists.

8 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

The vault fell onto the landing pad below with an audible thud.

Silo landed the ship right by where it landed.

Odrah glared at Dixon, unphased by the Rubico. “In times of crisis I prefer to make sure everyone gets out safe. Sure, I experiment. Sure, I’m wreckless. But I will never, ever, sacrifice a life for some selfish endeavor, Solah!”

Odrah realized the name he uttered at the end of his sentence.

He resumed a determined glare and walked away.  Before leaving he pad, Odrah’s Limbo stopped and held out a hand to his ship.

”Silo! Euphona!”

An elegant pistol shot out from the top of his ship, flying in a perfect arc before being caught by Limbo. He holstered it promptly and continued walking.

”Are you coming or not?” Odrah asked Sierra and Fell.

”Now he’s pissed” Silo commented through the speakers.

Odrah’s body rested peacefully off to the side. His hands clenched slowly into fists.

Dixon’s Rubico remains aimed at the sky, looking for external threats. 

“You realize I was joking about the auto destruct, right?” He asks. “It has one, but I’d have to trigger it manually. I may be a prankster but I’m not psychopath.”

He leads you through hallways into a grand chamber. 

Ket Prova stands before a series of chairs. Chancellor Seven is sitting in the middle of the row, looking down at the Corpus.

“What is the meaning of this?” Ket demands. “Is this how you treat an honored guest. My father...”

”Will likely be disappointed to learn his son and heir jeopardized a lucrative deal just to help an old friend with some shady business.” Seven says. “So spare me the threats, boy.”

28 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon’s Rubico remains aimed at the sky, looking for external threats. 

“You realize I was joking about the auto destruct, right?” He asks. “It has one, but I’d have to trigger it manually. I may be a prankster but I’m not psychopath.”

He leads you through hallways into a grand chamber. 

Ket Prova stands before a series of chairs. Chancellor Seven is sitting in the middle of the row, looking down at the Corpus.

“What is the meaning of this?” Ket demands. “Is this how you treat an honored guest. My father...”

”Will likely be disappointed to learn his son and heir jeopardized a lucrative deal just to help an old friend with some shady business.” Seven says. “So spare me the threats, boy.”

“Good evening Chancellor” Odrah said. He strutted through the room with determination. “And I take it you’re Mr. Ket Prova? I hope the man isn’t nearly as weak as his surname implies!”

12 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Good evening Chancellor” Odrah said. He strutted through the room with determination. “And I take it you’re Mr. Ket Prova? I hope the man isn’t nearly as weak as his surname implies!”

“How dare you!” Ket says. “Who do you think you are?”

”He is the man you are trying to find.” Seven says. “I thought I’d save you both the trouble and introduce you.”

”And the merchandise?” Ket asks.

”What kind of merchandise are you referring to?” Seven says, leaning forward. His eyes have a dangerous glint to them. “I reviewed the scanner log and found nothing that would suggest he had stolen from your friend.”

Ket opens his mouth and then closes it. He seems reluctant to discuss the true nature of the alleged theft.

Edited by Rakawan