The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

10 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah rubbed his eyes to shake off the feeling of tiredness.

”Yeah, and my demons happen to have left quite the tattoo on my back.”

Odrah took off his shirt to reveal a scar on the upper right portion of his back in the shape of the grineer insignia.

”It’s a recurring nightmare. The moment when I got that thing burned onto my body.”

"Nightmares are never fun." Fell mumbles as he lets the metal shapes he cut out float up into the air. putting a small cube of orange pulsing energy in the middle of it. The metal shapes seem to quickly rearrange themselves into a shape similair to a Latron.

13 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah rubbed his eyes to shake off the feeling of tiredness.

”Yeah, and my demons happen to have left quite the tattoo on my back.”

Odrah took off his shirt to reveal a scar on the upper right portion of his back in the shape of the grineer insignia.

”It’s a recurring nightmare. The moment when I got that thing burned onto my body.”

3 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"Nightmares are never fun." Fell mumbles as he lets the metal shapes he cut out float up into the air. putting a small cube of orange pulsing energy in the middle of it. The metal shapes seem to quickly rearrange themselves into a shape similair to a Latron.

“That would do it.” Dixon says. “Maybe taking down these slavers will prove cathartic.”

Edited by Rakawan

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“That would do it.” Dixon says. “Maybe taking down these slavers will prove cathartic.”

“For once, revenge doesn’t help. I’ve already tried,” Odrah said. His let his head drop.

”I slaughtered everyone in the grineer squadron that found me, including the one that did this to me. Everyone, but one.”

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

“For once, revenge doesn’t help. I’ve already tried,” Odrah said. His let his head drop.

”I slaughtered everyone in the grineer squadron that found me, including the one that did this to me. Everyone, but one.”

“And which one was that?” Dixon asks. 

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“And which one was that?” Dixon asks. 

“The one who named me,” Odrah responded.

”I was found in a Cryopod on earth somewhere in the upper pacific zone. The squadron that found me was a detachment of Vor’s army. They were under orders not to kill, but capture. And so they did.”

”While I was with them, we had to trek to the Eurasian zone to regroup with Vor. The squadron treated me like dirt. My meals were the scraps of theirs. If I was walking, my hands were to be bound together behind my back and I had a device attatched to my ankle that would sink it’s horrid teeth down to the bone. I had a rifle pointed at me at every hour of every day. They all referred to me as ‘skoom’, ‘mukrack’, and ‘kanfo’. I never found out what they meant until later, but I knew that they weren’t complimenting me.”

”One of them, however, didn’t do any of those things. As a matter of fact, she told me who and what I was. She taught me how to hunt. She taught me how to take apart, repair, and shoot a gun. She even taught me some basic grineer programming. She treated me as one of her own, maybe even an equal.”

”Her name was Solah Tal. She named me after a grineer saying that goes ‘whether a good day passes, or a bad one, there will always be another.’”

”The word ‘Odrah’ means ‘another’ in grineer.”

((The name is actually the first two syllables of my first name spelt backwards. Leonardo > Odranoel > Odrah))

6 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“The one who named me,” Odrah responded.

”I was found in a Cryopod on earth somewhere in the upper pacific zone. The squadron that found me was a detachment of Vor’s army. They were under orders not to kill, but capture. And so they did.”

”While I was with them, we had to trek to the Eurasian zone to regroup with Vor. The squadron treated me like dirt. My meals were the scraps of theirs. If I was walking, my hands were to be bound together behind my back and I had a device attatched to my ankle that would sink it’s horrid teeth down to the bone. I had a rifle pointed at me at every hour of every day. They all referred to me as ‘skoom’, ‘mukrack’, and ‘kanfo’. I never found out what they meant until later, but I knew that they weren’t complimenting me.”

”One of them, however, didn’t do any of those things. As a matter of fact, she told me who and what I was. She taught me how to hunt. She taught me how to take apart, repair, and shoot a gun. She even taught me some basic grineer programming. She treated me as one of her own, maybe even an equal.”

”Her name was Solah Tal. She named me after a grineer saying that goes ‘whether a good day passes, or a bad one, there will always be another.’”

”The word ‘Odrah’ means ‘another’ in grineer.”

((The name is actually the first two syllables of my first name spelt backwards. Leonardo > Odranoel > Odrah))

“What happened to her?” Dixon asks, sitting down.

He continues to assemble his rifle, his hands moving without sight as if they have done this before.

19 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“What happened to her?” Dixon asks, sitting down.

He continues to assemble his rifle, his hands moving without sight as if they have done this before.

“She got caught.”

”One night we set up camp on a hill after a long hike. I was collapsing from being underfed and malnourished. I probably would have died within the next few days.”

”Solah was willing to give me her ration for the night. I refused at first, but she was persistent.”

”I guess one of the others may have saw us that night because the next morning they took her gorgon and she was to be executed for collusion with a prisoner. Death by atterax.”

”The commander always liked executing defective clones himself. He made sure everyone could get a good look at Solah so he could make her an example for the rest, and I was front and center.”

”I was bound in chains, I was on my knees, I couldn’t move.”

“Suddenly, nothing. It’s all a blur. I can’t remember what happened afterwards, no matter how hard I try. All I remember is one moment we’re standing back to back,  slaughtering every last grineer in the squadron. I guess she took quite a few hits because next thing I know everyone’s dead and she’s laying in my arms, fighting for her last breaths.”

”The last words she said to me were ‘never, never stop running. Never look back. Know that I fought for you.’”

”Solah Tal. Do you recognize her last name?”

8 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“She got caught.”

”One night we set up camp on a hill after a long hike. I was collapsing from being underfed and malnourished. I probably would have died within the next few days.”

”Solah was willing to give me her ration for the night. I refused at first, but she was persistent.”

”I guess one of the others may have saw us that night because the next morning they took her gorgon and she was to be executed for collusion with a prisoner. Death by atterax.”

”The commander always liked executing defective clones himself. He made sure everyone could get a good look at Solah so he could make her an example for the rest, and I was front and center.”

”I was bound in chains, I was on my knees, I couldn’t move.”

“Suddenly, nothing. It’s all a blur. I can’t remember what happened afterwards, no matter how hard I try. All I remember is one moment we’re standing back to back,  slaughtering every last grineer in the squadron. I guess she took quite a few hits because next thing I know everyone’s dead and she’s laying in my arms, fighting for her last breaths.”

”The last words she said to me were ‘never, never stop running. Never look back. Know that I fought for you.’”

”Solah Tal. Do you recognize her last name?”

“Cressa Tal never mentioned her.” Dixon says. “But then again she and I rarely talk. Darrin would likely know more.”

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Cressa Tal never mentioned her.” Dixon says. “But then again she and I rarely talk. Darrin would likely know more.”

“From what I heard, Cressa and Solah were as different as night and day.”

((See what I did there?))

“However, both of them suffered from a genetic defect. That defect is what allowed Cressa to abandon the grineer cause in the first place. Solah never realized she suffered from it until I was broken out of my cryopod.”

7 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“From what I heard, Cressa and Solah were as different as night and day.”

((See what I did there?))

“However, both of them suffered from a genetic defect. That defect is what allowed Cressa to abandon the grineer cause in the first place. Solah never realized she suffered from it until I was broken out of my cryopod.”

Dixon bows his head.

”Honor the fallen, for they have purchased our freedom.” He says. 

10 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“And honor the living, for they will purchase it later.” Odrah returned

"We seem well on our way to do the task of the living once we round up that trafficking ring." Fell remarked as he seems to be rearranging the pieces of metal floating in front of him. "Any idea how long till we arrive anyway?"

15 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“And honor the living, for they will purchase it later.” Odrah returned

4 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"We seem well on our way to do the task of the living once we round up that trafficking ring." Fell remarked as he seems to be rearranging the pieces of metal floating in front of him. "Any idea how long till we arrive anyway?"

HUD shows two hours till arrival. 

On 2/7/2018 at 3:15 AM, kyrozon said:

On 2/7/2018 at 8:21 AM, ljmadruga said:

“Where are we headed anyways?” Odrah asked.

“Departure rail in the Sol system.” Sierra says, stretching. “Those mercs would have had to use it to reach us.”

Just now, Rakawan said:

“Departure rail in the Sol system.” Sierra says, stretching. “Those mercs would have had to use it to reach us.”

“They’d have to have had a man on the inside if they used a rail like that. No crew that small could possibly bypass all the security there,” Odrah said.

He took the gorgon hanging by his foundry, rested it in his lap, and slowly started taking it apart and polishing it.

1 hour ago, ljmadruga said:

“They’d have to have had a man on the inside if they used a rail like that. No crew that small could possibly bypass all the security there,” Odrah said.

He took the gorgon hanging by his foundry, rested it in his lap, and slowly started taking it apart and polishing it.

“We already know who.” Sierra says. “Rail operator 237. We had several reports for negligence, so we implemented an automatic scan. His ID was used to override the scanners. He was also recorded deleting a record. Thankfully I keep back-ups of all records separate from the network.”

”How do you plan to make him talk?” Dixon asks. 

“Either he talks or I exile him on grounds of negligence.  Such is my right as Chairwoman of Science on the Phenix Council, effective as of this morning.” She says. “So either he tells us what he knows, or we drop him off on a delay to spend the rest of his days under house arrest in a cramped room.”

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“We already know who.” Sierra says. “Rail operator 237. We had several reports for negligence, so we implemented an automatic scan. His ID was used to override the scanners. He was also recorded deleting a record. Thankfully I keep back-ups of all records separate from the network.”

”How do you plan to make him talk?” Dixon asks. 

“Either he talks or I exile him on grounds of negligence.  Such is my right as Chairwoman of Science on the Phenix Council, effective as of this morning.” She says. “So either he tells us what he knows, or we drop him off on a delay to spend the rest of his days under house arrest in a cramped room.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to do it the old fashioned way? I dunno. People seem to talk faster when there’s a gun cocked to their head.”

Odrah began dismantling th e firing mechanism.

15 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Are you sure you don’t want to do it the old fashioned way? I dunno. People seem to talk faster when there’s a gun cocked to their head.”

Odrah began dismantling th e firing mechanism.

“Like many of the residents here, the man is religious.” Sierra says. “Death isn’t something he’s likely to fear. Incarceration and exile, however...”

On 2/5/2018 at 7:29 AM, Rakawan said:

The ship comes out of punch. The first thing you notice is the weather. A storm is brewing directly below, a massive lightning storm. You see a Grineer ship dart out of the clouds, it’s engines smoking. 

“That would be Nalak.” Akama says. “Looks like he’s got the place locked down.”

"Good."  Richard closed his eyes momentarily.  "Of the thirty-six towers on the Arbiter's map, all but five are under Grineer control.  We had best make haste."

13 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Good."  Richard closed his eyes momentarily.  "Of the thirty-six towers on the Arbiter's map, all but five are under Grineer control.  We had best make haste."

“I take it there has been a summons.” A voice says over the comms. “Give me a moment to clean this up and I will answer it.”

The storm grows more intense, lightning smashing down on the Grineer outpost.

The Saryn begins to stir.

”What.. ugghhhh.” She groans. “What happened?”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“Like many of the residents here, the man is religious.” Sierra says. “Death isn’t something he’s likely to fear. Incarceration and exile, however...”

"Religious? What kind of religion does he practice?" Fell inquires.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“I take it there has been a summons.” A voice says over the comms. “Give me a moment to clean this up and I will answer it.”

The storm grows more intense, lightning smashing down on the Grineer outpost.

The Saryn begins to stir.

”What.. ugghhhh.” She groans. “What happened?”

"Tak took exception to the nickname you gave him," Richard said with a shrug.

He stood.  "Now, then.  Your Arbiter calls, Sarum.  How do you respond?"

5 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Religious? What kind of religion does he practice?" Fell inquires.

“Most worship either old gods from before the Empire, or Profit, like the Corpus do.” She says. “This particular individual believes that there is a cosmic price that all things return to after their death. That this force is what powers the Tenno’s abilities. So killing him just makes the tenno stronger, in his eyes.”

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Tak took exception to the nickname you gave him," Richard said with a shrug.

He stood.  "Now, then.  Your Arbiter calls, Sarum.  How do you respond?"

“I assume that the situation is dire enough that my research would be in Jeopardy if we fail?” She asks. “In which case I will answer. At least until the external disruption can be rendered negligible.”

Below a massive bolt of lightning strikes a power cable. A amoment later light flares beneath the waves and the entire structure begins to collapse. 

The storm begins to disperse, and a Liset flies up to meet your ship.

”Alright, business concluded.” Nalak says. “I take it the situation is dire enough that you need my help.”