The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

While getting his Limbo, Odrah thought about the Sanctuary.

”Silo? Can you get a communication line open to Mira?”

”I’ll make attempts to reach her through Hera,” he returned

Hera responds rather quickly, as if waiting to hear from you.

”Silo.” She says. “Any news?”

26 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Hera responds rather quickly, as if waiting to hear from you.

”Silo.” She says. “Any news?”

“Yes” he responds. My Operator and crew are on their way to Pluto to take down a suspected leader. He wanted to speak with Mira. Is she available?”

6 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Yes” he responds. My Operator and crew are on their way to Pluto to take down a suspected leader. He wanted to speak with Mira. Is she available?”

“Of course.” Hera says. “She has been waiting to hear from him. She seems unusually eager.”

Mira paced back and forth. She could go after them. But the children were here, and so was the Obelisk, and neither could be left unguarded. 

“Anyone callous enough to buy and sell children should have their entrails ripped out and fashioned into a noose to hang them.” She thought. “I should be making sure that happens.”

16 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

Silo patched a communication line through.

”Mira? Mira? Are you there?”

Mira answers the call. Her hair is silver and her eyes blue, indicating her friendly persona. 

“Odrah.” She says. “How goes the hunt?”

36 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Mira answers the call. Her hair is silver and her eyes blue, indicating her friendly persona. 

“Odrah.” She says. “How goes the hunt?”

“Thank goodness you’re alright. We’re closing in on the leader. Is everything alright at the Monestary? Have you noticed anything strange?”

He waited attentively for an answer.

2 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Thank goodness you’re alright. We’re closing in on the leader. Is everything alright at the Monestary? Have you noticed anything strange?”

He waited attentively for an answer.

Her eyes narrrow.

”Nothing out of the ordinary.” She says. “I can’t seem to find Samuel, but he normally spends time trying to shirk his duties. Why do you ask?”

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Her eyes narrrow.

”Nothing out of the ordinary.” She says. “I can’t seem to find Samuel, but he normally spends time trying to shirk his duties. Why do you ask?”

Odrah let out a sigh.

”Long story short, I sold some memories to the Man in the Wall. The only reason I remember your name is because I cut it into my wrist.”

16 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Odrah let out a sigh.

”Long story short, I sold some memories to the Man in the Wall. The only reason I remember your name is because I cut it into my wrist.”

The blood drains from her face. 

“You did what?” She asks. “Have you lost your mind?”

The blood drains from her face. 

“You did what?” She asks. “Have you lost your mind?”

“It’s not like I had a choice!” Odrah explained.

”We had virtually no leads and I’m pretty sure the bastard would have made the process a lot more painful had I refused!”

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

“It’s not like I had a choice!” Odrah explained.

”We had virtually no leads and I’m pretty sure the bastard would have made the process a lot more painful had I refused!”

“He couldn’t.” She says. “Not for you. You are almost as strong as I am and I can hold him at bay. It takes great effort for him to manifest in our world without a proper conduit. And depending on what you gave him you may have jeapordized every normal man, woman, and child in this colony. The Monastery and the Obelisks are the only things holding his presence at bay here.”

27 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“He couldn’t.” She says. “Not for you. You are almost as strong as I am and I can hold him at bay. It takes great effort for him to manifest in our world without a proper conduit. And depending on what you gave him you may have jeapordized every normal man, woman, and child in this colony. The Monastery and the Obelisks are the only things holding his presence at bay here.”

“What do you think he’s after? I doubt he’d be able to find out much from me.”

15 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“What do you think he’s after? I doubt he’d be able to find out much from me.”

“Apart from disabling the barrier here and possession everyone?” She asks. “I don’t know. However now I have to remain constantly on guard, thanks to you. The others Keepers are elsewhere so only I am here to oversee the defenses.”

“Apart from disabling the barrier here and possession everyone?” She asks. “I don’t know. However now I have to remain constantly on guard, thanks to you. The others Keepers are elsewhere so only I am here to oversee the defenses.”

“At least you’re safe for now. I’ll get back to the Monestery as soon as I’m done.”

He closed the call.

As Odrah left, Silo took off and flew into the skies above.

Odrah carried his Limbo over his shoulder and made his way to Sierra’s ship.

1 minute ago, ljmadruga said:

“At least you’re safe for now. I’ll get back to the Monestery as soon as I’m done.”

He closed the call.

As Odrah left, Silo took off and flew into the skies above.

Odrah carried his Limbo over his shoulder and made his way to Sierra’s ship.

Sierra’s ship is a decked out Orbiter with several visible upgrades, including two large cannons.

15 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

“Fancy” Odrah remarked. “Ever thought of hooking these things up to an eye tracker?”

“I prefer manual aiming.” Sierra says. “Or Cephalon assorted aiming. Their size makes quick movements difficult.”

The ship is already spoiling up. 

“Got everything you need?” She asks. “Once we jump we won’t be coming back for a while.”

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“I prefer manual aiming.” Sierra says. “Or Cephalon assorted aiming. Their size makes quick movements difficult.”

The ship is already spoiling up. 

“Got everything you need?” She asks. “Once we jump we won’t be coming back for a while.”

“I’m good to go” Odrah responds. Everything he needed was either in his pocket or over his shoulder.

41 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“I’m good to go” Odrah responds. Everything he needed was either in his pocket or over his shoulder.

Stepping aboard the ship you see that the inside is not as pristine. The panels on the walls are see through, showing the gears and systems behind them. 

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Stepping aboard the ship you see that the inside is not as pristine. The panels on the walls are see through, showing the gears and systems behind them. 

“Heh, your ship looks pristine by comparison. Do you have a place for me to strap in?” Odrah asked.

2 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Heh, your ship looks pristine by comparison. Do you have a place for me to strap in?” Odrah asked.

“No need.” Sierra says. “We’re already underway. Full impulse for now, should reach the junction in a few minutes. Internal dampeners are controlling the internal forces. That’s why you didn’t feel a jolt. Feels like we’re standing still right?”

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“No need.” Sierra says. “We’re already underway. Full impulse for now, should reach the junction in a few minutes. Internal dampeners are controlling the internal forces. That’s why you didn’t feel a jolt. Feels like we’re standing still right?”

“Oh, wow I didn’t feel a thing! In that case, I need to check on Phenix. I’ll be unconscious for a moment.”

Odrah set his Limbo on the ground and sat down.

11 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

“Oh, wow I didn’t feel a thing! In that case, I need to check on Phenix. I’ll be unconscious for a moment.”

Odrah set his Limbo on the ground and sat down.

“If you are trying for Transference be careful.” She says. “It’s quite a long ways to reach.”

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“If you are trying for Transference be careful.” She says. “It’s quite a long ways to reach.”

“Don’t worry, I will be.”

Odrah closed his eyes.

He found himself laying down on the ground. His Ash struggled to get up, but was able to maintain balance. He examined his surroundings.