The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Hemet claps you on the back.

"I knew you'd be helpful." He says. "Perhaps I can swing 75-25."

"Heh, you bet, you'll be shocked what I have in my stash" *She looks around* "What Now?..*She seems to hold a odd looking arrow in her hand*

Edited by LegionCynex

Just now, LegionCynex said:

"Heh, you bet, you'll be shocked what I have in my stash" *She looks around* "What Now?..

"Now we check the public computers." He says. "See what our friend..." 

He abruptly vanishes as a Sniper Crewman walks out of Sven's room.

"Ernest." He says as the crewman walks away. "Blasted bugger nearly caught me that time."

Bork wrenches the transport to a stop as something crackles over his radio.

"Get our fleets in orbit now!" He shouts into the comms. "Find the Chancellor, get her to HQ."

He pauses.

"I'll tell him." He says. "If they shoot at you try to stun them."

He turns to Ulf.

"There was an attack at the citadel." He says. "Multiple assassinations attempts. Someone fired a missile at your CO."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Now we check the public computers." He says. "See what our friend..." 

He abruptly vanishes as a Sniper Crewman walks out of Sven's room.

"Ernest." He says as the crewman walks away. "Blasted bugger nearly caught me that time."

*She walks off, looking around for public computers, she has a dirty grin on her face, she cloaks and back rolls into the room, she seems to have locked the door behind her, she fiddles around inside*

Edited by LegionCynex

*She walks off, looking around for public computers, she has a dirty grin on her face, she cloaks and back rolls into the room*

The room is as you left it. You see a small window vanish from the computer. A closer inspection reveals that the 'device' you installed is still there.

16 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I'm afraid I cannot grant access to the grid." The aid says. "The Chancellor is busy. If you wish to hunt you..."

The communication cuts out and you see the Chancellor running towards you. An Archon with blade marks on his armor is running after her.

"Tenno." She says. "We need to leave, now."

She turns and fires at the Archon.

He raises his rifle and fires. The shots bounce of her shield and her beam catches him in the chest.

He falls to the ground.

Melanie hurries to stand by you.

"We need to leave." She says. "He had people among my guard, my aides."

Helios runs a quick scan over Melanie before chirping an 'all clear'.

Luna takes a quick breath and lowered the screens while Ceda turned off her projection and the Orbiter's engines came to life.

"Then come with me, I was affraid this would happen." She said before she hurried inside with Melanie. The door sealing itself behind them.

A screen powered up nearby, where Ceda appeared.

"All systems are opperational, and I'm undocking us now. Shields have been raised and void mask charge is at 70%. Do you need me to power up external defences as well?"

"Do it." She said to Ceda before turning to Melanie and gestured for her to follow to the bridge. Meanwhile the ship began to slowly move.

"This got serious much too quickly, any prefered way you want to proceed? Otherwise I'm going to need an update on what's happening."

"Main grid access would be nice, of course I could enter it without permission but that would be rude." Ceda's voice added.

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The room is as you left it. You see a small window vanish from the computer. A closer inspection reveals that the 'device' you installed is still there.

*She fiddles with the device, then plugs it deeper in, shes sets something up, she then looks around to see if there is anything inside, she hunts for big comptuers or control stations or servers*

Just now, Luthim said:

Helios runs a quick scan over Melanie before chirping an 'all clear'.

Luna takes a quick breath and lowered the screens while Ceda turned off her projection and the Orbiter's engines came to life.

"Then come with me, I was affraid this would happen." She said before she hurried inside with Melanie. The door sealing itself behind them.

A screen powered up nearby, where Ceda appeared.

"All systems are opperational, and I'm undocking us now. Shields have been raised and void mask charge is at 70%. Do you need me to power up external defences as well?"

"Do it." She said to Ceda before turning to Melanie and gestured for her to follow to the bridge. Meanwhile the ship began to slowly move.

"This got serious much too quickly, any prefered way you want to proceed? Otherwise I'm going to need an update on what's happening."

"Main grid access would be nice, of course I could enter it without permission but that would be rude." Ceda's voice added.

"Do it." Melanie says. "I need to see what's happening. Send a message to Meridian. Tell them to activate Theta protocol." 

She is swaying on her feet.

"I..." She says. "Give me a moment."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"These are merely AI copies of the memories and imprints upon the frame." He says. "Whatever sentience they possess is aware of this existence, and while we cannot ask if they want to start this 'life' they are free to leave if they wish."

"As long as we have their frame we can make an imprint." He says. "Over time some void echoes must be... decrypted, filled in. Time corrupts the memories, so we need people who knew them to give input, to puzzle things out. I'd have to see the individual to know."

He looks at you.

"As Tenno this service is extended to your clan as well." He says. "You have only to call us and we will come and preserve your fallen."

"That's the generous offer. Although, after hearing the details, I see no way for this service to aid the person I mentioned before, alas."

She took a moment to examine the building and its dwellers. She particularly paid more attention to the classrooms and private cells.

"So, if my brain is still properly functional, I tend to perceive your organization as a modern analog of the pre-cosmic era church seminaries. You are responsible for education, spiritual guidance, and, taking into account the fact you are independent from the local authorities, you may also provide shelter for those who seek it for one reason or another. And all this is for the sake of our and probably other species harmonic procession through their existence. Is my impression obscured by any chance?"

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She fiddles with the device, then plugs it deeper in, shes sets something up, she then looks around to see if there is anything inside, she hunts for big comptuers or control stations or servers*

As you interface with the device you notice that it seems lighter. A note is engraved in it.

It simply reads "Thanks for the tech."

The room contains only the single computer. It seems to link to servers but with the lockout you cannot find anything else.

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"That's the generous offer. Although, after hearing the details, I see no way for this service to aid the person I mentioned before, alas."

She took a moment to examine the building and its dwellers. She particularly paid more attention the classrooms and private cells.

"So, if my brain is still properly functional, I tend to perceive your organization as a modern analog of the pre-cosmic era church seminaries. You are responsible for education, spiritual guidance, and, taking into account the fact you are independent from the local authorities, you may also provide shelter for those who seek shelter for one reason or another. And all this is for the sake of our and probably other species harmonic procession through their existence. Is my impression obscured by any chance?"

"Depends on how you view race." Tak says. "This is for the betterment of humanity. And for our own efficiency. The more knowledge of the Old World we can glean and preserve, the easier it will be to rebuild. But yes, we are much like the Church. Minus the political power struggles and desire for personal gain that too often corrupts it."

"Indeed we do provide shelter." He says. "As we are doing for you, now."

He stops.

"You may want to contact your associates." He says. "They are probably worried about you."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

As you interface with the device you notice that it seems lighter. A note is engraved in it.

It simply reads "Thanks for the tech."

The room contains only the single computer. It seems to link to servers but with the lockout you cannot find anything else.

*She rises a brow* "Well, have fun cleaning this up, she places one device into the computer, and then one under a desk,and sets them both up, she walks out like nothing happened, shutting the door, She looks around* "So where is the public computers?, cuz I have a idea, we go to their server room"

30 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"C.A.L.C is about two years old now." He says. "It's been about a year since he developed empathy."

Lord nodded. "Interesting." He opened the door next to the tag, and stepped inside.

Just now, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord nodded. "Interesting." He opened the door next to the tag, and stepped inside.

Ryoko follows you in.

"Fluffles." He says. "Excellent. The little pests may finally prove useful."

3 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She rises a brow* "Well, have fun cleaning this up, she places one device into the computer, and then one under a desk,and sets them both up, she walks out like nothing happened, shutting the door, She looks around* "So where is the public computers?, cuz I have a idea, we go to their server room"

Hemet nods.

"That we could." He says. "Lead on lass. Once we have a trial to follow you'll get to see ol Hemet in his element. Tracking clues was always Ernest's thing."

Just now, Rakawan said:

Hemet nods.

"That we could." He says. "Lead on lass. Once we have a trial to follow you'll get to see ol Hemet in his element. Tracking clues was always Ernest's thing."

*She walks to the main server room* "Now..we won't be able to hack into here, without setting off a bunch of alarms, so..*She looks to the door and just leans on the wall* "Secrecy bound to be tight in there, but..little sven and the sericairy here will have something to keep them occupied*

*She presses a device on her wrist, that causes her device in Sevns computer to on-purposely set the alarms off again*

3 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*She walks to the main server room* "Now..we won't be able to hack into here, without setting off a bunch of alarms, so..*She looks to the door and just leans on the wall* "Secrecy bound to be tight in there, but..little sven and the sericairy here will have something to keep them occupied*

*She presses a device on her wrist, that causes her device in Sevns computer to on-purposely set the alarms off again*

Hemet grabs your arm before you press the button.

"Or." He says, raising a keycard. "We just walk in all normal like."

He swipes the card and the door opens.

"You'd be surprised how easy it is to swipe things off of people when the have a Drahk slobbering all over them." He says.

Edited by Rakawan

Hemet grabs your arm before you press the button.

"Or." He says, raising a keycard. "We just walk in all normal like."

He swipes the card and the door opens.

"Oh, well that takes the sport out of it" *she cloaks and walks in, looking around for cameras* 

*She walks over it, and fiddles with the wires to make sure its indeed disabled* "So..what do we look for in here?"

"I was told he mentioned a friend." Hemet said. "Rumor is someone hired Corpus Mercenaries to help Sven. So we need to see if he talked to anyone."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I was told he mentioned a friend." Hemet said. "Rumor is someone hired Corpus Mercenaries to help Sven. So we need to see if he talked to anyone."

"Copy that, she plugs in a spare device and then her backdoor device, to plug in and scan the hole server for anything related to that note* "Lets hope this don't set off any alarms, otherwise..I;ll have to let a distraction"..

"Copy that, she plugs in a spare device and then her backdoor device, to plug in and scan the hole server for anything related to that note* "Lets hope this don't set off any alarms, otherwise..I;ll have to let a distraction"..

A small hologram pops up.

"Hello Hemet." The image of a Sniper Crewman says. "If you are hearing this, then I was here first. I'll save you some time. It's a Director. He was contacting a Director. Oh... and the swamps. I want you to to be there when I finally apprehend him. And get the drop on you."

The image cuts out.

"Depends on how you view race." Tak says. "This is for the betterment of humanity. And for our own efficiency. The more knowledge of the Old World we can glean and preserve, the easier it will be to rebuild. But yes, we are much like the Church. Minus the political power struggles and desire for personal gain that too often corrupts it."

"Indeed we do provide shelter." He says. "As we are doing for you, now."

He stops.

"You may want to contact your associates." He says. "They are probably worried about you."

She smiled contentedly "Then I believe we're talking the same "language" Despite what you might have heard of our group, we ecognize ourselves as a part of humanity. The fact we don't use regular humans as combatants is caused by our military doctrine and standards, not because of any sort of aimed discrimination"  

She looked through the window to the settlement below, "Ulf is now supposed to be in the village, so I doubt he's concerned or even aware. Although, I'm more worried about Chancellor and the whole fact of this event happening. Perhaps we should interfere and offer help?"

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Do it." Melanie says. "I need to see what's happening. Send a message to Meridian. Tell them to activate Theta protocol." 

She is swaying on her feet.

"I..." She says. "Give me a moment."

As they stop a large holographic display appears in front of them, it's divided in 3 parts, a small window contained Ceda while the other two contained a data feed and communications.

"I'm accessing the main grid now - how exciting!- and opening communications for you. Void mask is soon ready."

Luna nodded and opened a priority channel to Meridian.

"This is Operator Luna, the chancellor is with me and have requested that you execute Theta Protocol. I'll have us masked but my cephalon will contact you once we are in low orbit to establish an encrypted channel for further updates."

As soon as she had finished, a noticeable hum passed over the ship before it accelerated. The Void mask were in effect.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked and looked at Melanie while the data feed behind her began to fill with activity. "I'm in, it could use some restructuring but at least it's well-maintained. So what do you want to know?" Ceda commented while going over footage and files. She sticked relevant finds on the screens side.

Edited by Luthim
grammar