The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synergy [OOC, rules, questions, and miscellany]

Yzjdriel

16 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Excaly!, tho I do intend Graxx to win a fight for a change, I want him to feel like a true Merc :(

Sorry, ain't gonna happen. My lad is a pro soldier, and he dealt with overly nasty caliburs already... In the most unexpectable ways XD

Edited by Teloch

Just now, Teloch said:

Sorry, ain't gonna happen. My lad is a pro soldier, and he dealt with overly nasty caliburs already... In the most unexpectable ways XD

Well, I won't have him beaten either, but the way this is going on, is that its a even fight, with hows its playing out.

Graxx just don't want to feel like hes useless or make my OC, look like he is and not able to win a fight at all.. 

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Sorry about this, Unrus, if it helps and with Rak's Permission, I chuold toss in Tianina (My OC) to fly over, and help, tho I will need to kown, where and what you fokes are doing, outside of the event?  

Nah, it's all fine, if the boss ain't around, the boss ain't around. It's up to him right now, you guys have your fun in the saga till he returns

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Well, I won't have him beaten either, but the way this is going on, is that its a even fight, with hows its playing out.

Graxx just don't want to feel like hes useless or make my OC, look like he is and not able to win a fight at all.. 

It was your decision to throw in OCs for butchering after all XD

51 minutes ago, Teloch said:

It was your decision to throw in OCs for butchering after all XD

Yeah, I had a bunch of Non-Essential OCs, at mobs, so they can cause a fight, and to amp it up, didn't care for their lives, tho Graxx is a full on OC, so he won't be getting killed or losing a battle. Duality might end up losing tho, but it depends on what happens, tho fur sure Graxx won't lose.     

Just now, -Platinum- said:

Yeah, I had a bunch of Non-Essential OCs, at mobs, so they can cause a fight, and to amp it up, didn't care for their lives, tho Graxx is a full on OC, so he won't be getting killed or losing a battle. Duality might end up losing tho, but it depends on what happens, tho fur sure Graxx won't lose.     

There is a 4 versus 2 fight, and the acolytes already losing. The only thing he can do is to GTFO to save his arse 

Just now, Teloch said:

There is a 4 versus 2 fight, and the acolytes already losing. The only thing he can do is to GTFO to save his arse 

Why can't I review comments?

And we'll see about that, hes not going to just retreat, as that will make the OC, look bad

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Why can't I review comments?

And we'll see about that, hes not going to just retreat, as that will make the OC, look bad

Why shouldn't he die here? You don't have to make it cannon to his story, you can use him again somewhere else.

You always should take into consideration that your OC might die, even if the chances are low. In this case, they're high, so you might as well give him a spectacular death.

Besides, why would retreating or loosing the fight make him look bad? (You sound like Crimson XD). I'd run away from a fight if it means saving my a$$, and sometimes we have to deal with the shame we get for it. To me it just adds character. Losing and giving up just makes him more real, more human.

There's another option thoe: let him get captured. Be it by getting knocked out, or simply surrendering. Everyone's happy... kinda.

Edited by Denny2669

52 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Why shouldn't he die here? You don't have to make it cannon to his story, you can use him again somewhere else.

You always should take into consideration that your OC might die, even if the chances are low. In this case, they're high, so you might as well give him a spectacular death.

Besides, why would retreating or loosing the fight make him look bad? (You sound like Crimson XD). I'd run away from a fight if it means saving my a$$, and sometimes we have to deal with the shame we get for it. To me it just adds character. Losing and giving up just makes him more real, more human.

There's another option thoe: let him get captured. Be it by getting knocked out, or simply surrendering. Everyone's happy... kinda.

Thats a good point actually Denny, humm..I might gave him get captured, thats not a bad idea!, and well no one wants their main OCs, dieing, that whuold be silly, however the reason why I find it making people look bad, is in any type fight, if you flee, you'll look like a coward or wuss. Losing the fight, sure you'll still feel strong and such inside, that you alltest tought, and did some real damage, but that fact that you losing might make, it seem that your too "weak".

However, you gave me a very dangerous idea, to get Graxx captured, by knockouts, so yeah!, never tought of that, cuz I can understand some Tenno whuold love to keep a strong-fighter alive.   

Sounds like I'm probably the worst role player in mortal existance. Whenever I create a custom character for a specific universe, I pour every ounce of creativity I have into that one character. If/when they die, it takes me ages to craft a backup.

Teloch does have a point. In all of these fights, the most the Acolytes could hope for is to get the objective and get out. Two on four is already bad odds.

Xipha gave them a chance to regroup and fight on more even odds. 

And if you read as many stories as I have you come to respect people who flee from bad fights, and do so without losing face. It's hard to portray but it can make a character more menacing when done right.

2 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

Thats a good point actually Denny, humm..I might gave him get captured, thats not a bad idea!, and well no one wants their main OCs, dieing, that whuold be silly, however the reason why I find it making people look bad, is in any type fight, if you flee, you'll look like a coward or wuss. Losing the fight, sure you'll still feel strong and such inside, that you alltest tought, and did some real damage, but that fact that you losing might make, it seem that your too "weak".

However, you gave me a very dangerous idea, to get Graxx captured, by knockouts, so yeah!, never tought of that, cuz I can understand some Tenno whuold love to keep a strong-fighter alive.   

Synergy does have a history of taking prisoners. Except the Wraiths, fortunately for their enemies (as they are known for their interrogations).

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Sounds like I'm probably the worst role player in mortal existance. Whenever I create a custom character for a specific universe, I pour every ounce of creativity I have into that one character. If/when they die, it takes me ages to craft a backup.

Not really. It's always good to make them uniqu. Death can be prevented by giving them back-up measures. 

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

I'll get to it. I'll be able to post a bit more in a few days. Really struggling with a class and trying to balance staying sane and studying.

Bah, itz fine, some things take precedent over each other. For instance, because your exams are occupying your mind so much, I'd recommend doing so well you won't have to worry about them again. That way, you can get back to what's really important, Warframe.

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Teloch does have a point. In all of these fights, the most the Acolytes could hope for is to get the objective and get out. Two on four is already bad odds.

Xipha gave them a chance to regroup and fight on more even odds. 

And if you read as many stories as I have you come to respect people who flee from bad fights, and do so without losing face. It's hard to portray but it can make a character more menacing when done right.

Yeah, All Non-Essential Acolytes OCs, will be killed, regardless, so yes, last of the Acolytes is Jack-Oro, so hes pertty much ded.

As for stories, I've ever tought of that, but thanks for reassuring me, btw feel free to snipe Jack-Oro Tel, also depending on how Graxx takes this "Deal" he might end up turning in peacefully, tho I do "suggest" you knock him out, cuz hes a Merc, sure he might come in peacefully, but still with his weapons and tenno powers?, thats like stroking a stray dog, and hopeing its friendly.

So, thanks Rak and Dannny! ^^

16 minutes ago, Unus said:

Quick question Mr./Mrs. Plat, do you happen to have some kinda big portfolio-o-characters you carry around with you or something? You seem to have quite a few.

i'm a guy, yes..

Also, yes I do, tho the list is on the PC and well, allow me to explain the OCs (that I have on my profile) are all, OCs, that I have made and gave a backstory too, Zaeed is first and top main OC.

Angel-Oro is yet to come into the RP yet. As for Graxx & Harb, they are still pure OCs. So thos who are on my Profile, are all Main OCs.

The others: Jack-Oro,Duality,Dualist, Rankis and Legion, are all Non-Essential, so what happens to them is non-concern, and they served to help the event unfold and help the story out, etc. 

My Mains, do help the story, but I put alot more care in my Main OCs, and I put alot more top-priority in them (Not have them killed off, or anything too drastic happen to them). My Mains OCs, are People if you will, thos who I perhas intend to get along with another party, etc or become arc-enemies, etc  

Any more qeastions Unrs?, Feel free to ask!

TL:DR: Zaeed Zi'Teer is my First and top Main OC. Angel Vas'Oro is yet to come into RP, Harbinger & Graxx, are my 2ndy OCs. Silvana Orphid and Graxx are still W.I.P. (I am unsure if they will be full OCs or not)

So, I only have 5, so far and thats how much I intend to stick with.

Edited by -Platinum-