Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Condensing Ammo Types

iexbrood

How would you guys feel if ammo were condensed into 3 groups:

1) Small arms (secondary weapons)

2) Medium ammo (rifles, shotguns, flamethrower)

3) Heavy ammo (sniper rifles, launchers, bows)

Thoughts?

Edited by iexbrood

How would you guys feel if ammo were condensed into 3 groups:

1) Small arms (secondary weapons)

2) Medium ammo (rifles, shotguns)

3) Heavy ammo (sniper rifles, launchers, bows)

Thoughts?

All that is is removing an ammo type and renaming all the rest...

And reclassifying the launchers.

I think we need more ammo types to be honest or at least proper scaling depending on the weapon equipped. This has already been said dozens of times but I think that's where we should be taking ammo if we're talking ammo at all.

Cut it down to primary or secondary ammo drops and then have those drops scale depending on what you have equipped. Dual Vipers get more ammo than something like a Lex or a Bronco, for example. 

That might be overly simplistic though, but the ammo scaling to weapons needs to be implemented. 

the high powered weapons SHOULD be hard to maintain ammo on. if anything the sniper weapons should be the only real damage dealers on mobs that are lvl 100+.

we dont live in a perfect world though, but sniper ammo needs to stay and stay rare.

Yeah, 'cause sniper rifles and rocket launchers are using the same ammo type...

All that is is removing an ammo type and renaming all the rest...

And reclassifying the launchers.

ermergerd realism, why would enemies who don't use arrows drop sniper rifle ammo that give you said arrows?

Launchers will probably be moved to sniper ammo type or be given their own category.

See the example of blue resources added to boss drop tables, everyone raged.

By removing 1 type, you boost the chances of getting something you would need.

the high powered weapons SHOULD be hard to maintain ammo on. if anything the sniper weapons should be the only real damage dealers on mobs that are lvl 100+.

we dont live in a perfect world though, but sniper ammo needs to stay and stay rare.

Sniper ammo would still remain rare, I don't think it's 25% now and it sure won't be 33% if this change happens.

Pistol ammo should be the most common.

This is just to boost the chances of ammo pickups for primaries and if you aren't vigilant you will have to rely on your secondary.

I also suggest a slight decrease in ammo pickup drops to encourage ammo box usage. (and a better Q UI along with it)

I think we need more ammo types to be honest or at least proper scaling depending on the weapon equipped. This has already been said dozens of times but I think that's where we should be taking ammo if we're talking ammo at all.

Cut it down to primary or secondary ammo drops and then have those drops scale depending on what you have equipped. Dual Vipers get more ammo than something like a Lex or a Bronco, for example. 

That might be overly simplistic though, but the ammo scaling to weapons needs to be implemented. 

Yea, it has been suggested multiple times, but I haven't seen a DE response.

Would be very nice and there would be absolutely no need for this suggestion.

the high powered weapons SHOULD be hard to maintain ammo on.

Define "high powered" cause the damage per bullet with my Lex far far far outstrips my damage per bullet with my akvipers. Right now I completely ignore ammo on my Lex, it's just not an issue. But my vipers are always out. Getting an ammo pick up for my Lex is like 2 or 3 mags worth of ammo, but not even a full set of mags on the vipers. To me the Lex is a high powered gun and ammo is not a consideration in its deployment.

The current ammo system does not scale with fire rate. The only weapons that are currently limited by ammo are things like the viper, Gorgon and the Grakata, things that are not necessarily "high powered" just things with a fast rate of fire. I would respectfully argue that weather any weapon in this game is "high powered" or not depends on how you mod it.

Ammo drops in mission need to scale with rate of fire somehow.

Edited by Carcharias

No. If anything we should drop the sniper ammo all together because all it does is bork weapons like the Dread which are fun, but have fun using them for extended periods of time because you have miniscule amounts of ammo. Should just stick to primary/secondary ammo and then have some weapons gain or subtract base ammo as a means of balance.

Define "high powered" cause the damage per bullet with my Lex far far far outstrips my damage per bullet with my akvipers.

Yes, but the fire rate and reload on a Lex are such that you can't mow down a mob in seconds, unlike the Ogris which still carries >500 rounds.

Yeah, 'cause sniper rifles and rocket launchers are using the same ammo type...

Rocket launchers are using rifle ammo now actually, thats prolly worse

Though hate to disagree Op, but I think there should be more ammo types. Arrows can use sniper rounds, I dont find anything terribly bad about that. But explosive weapons need their own ammo type.