Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you change support country?

ThisGameSucksNow

Question

They reply with copy-paste answers or with statements that are false (I've asked if I can create account with the same e-mail or do something with previous account and re-create it, they responded "yes, with another e-mail adress", this proves it's wrong) or doesn't make sense at all (I don't even know how to translate this BS, something about accounts being located on the same IP address?).

As in title, can I change the country of support? Simply changing language doesn't work. Is it tied to IP or to data on user page?

6 answers to this question

This is like asking "If i call up my Mobile carrier, can i get a country that isn't India?"

You get the support the company pays for. In Digital Extremes case, that support company is Zendesk. You are kinda stuck with whatever they got unless Zendesk themselves offer individual region support. 

All support is routed through Digital Extremes. There's no way to "change the country" of Support.

1 hour ago, MillbrookWest said:

You get the support the company pays for. In Digital Extremes case, that support company is Zendesk. You are kinda stuck with whatever they got unless Zendesk themselves offer individual region support. 

This is not the case. Zendesk isn't a "support company", in that they themselves do not offer support. Zendesk simply provides the platform and tools for handling support tickets sent by players for DE employees to respond to.

That said, @TithenFirion the majority of your questions can likely be answered by other players; the Players Helping Players subforum should be your first place to go if you have any questions regarding the game. I can tell you right off the top of my head that you cannot use the same e-mail address for multiple accounts, UNLESS it's separate platforms (i.e. the same e-mail is used for your Sony Playstation login or Xbox One login). The other alternatives for re-using your e-mail on a new account would be to either a) change the e-mail assigned to your current account to something else or b) request for your current account to be deleted; in either of these cases, it would free up your e-mail to be used for a new PC account.

The reason support uses copy & paste answers is because they have a lot of tickets to go through, they may use a script to determine (based on specific words/prases detected in your ticket) what copy & paste response should be pasted. If the answer they provide doesn't answer your question, you can update the ticket with a new comment (or if the ticket is closed, you can create a new ticket referencing your old ticket to re-raise the issue). However, you should only be using support if either no one on the forums can help you or if there is a problem with your account that is preventing you from playing or progressing in the game in any way (i.e. a problem with your inventory, lost items, accidental purchases, cannot progress through missions, suspensions, etc). 

30 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

However, you should only be using support if either no one on the forums can help you or if there is a problem with your account that is preventing you from playing or progressing in the game in any way (i.e. a problem with your inventory, lost items, accidental purchases, cannot progress through missions, suspensions, etc).

That's why I use support, this case cannot be solved by other players.

32 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

The other alternatives for re-using your e-mail on a new account would be to either a) change the e-mail assigned to your current account to something else or b) request for your current account to be deleted; in either of these cases, it would free up your e-mail to be used for a new PC account.

I know, that's what I understood from URL I posted before. But still, support gave me false answer about it.

33 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

If the answer they provide doesn't answer your question, you can update the ticket with a new comment (or if the ticket is closed, you can create a new ticket referencing your old ticket to re-raise the issue).

I already did that. My point is I don't want to talk to the same person again. Is there really no way to change it?

4 hours ago, TithenFirion said:

I already did that. My point is I don't want to talk to the same person again. Is there really no way to change it?

There is only 1 support center for the game, so no, there's no way to change it. All support tickets for the game go to London, Ontario in Canada, right to DE's office.

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

There is only 1 support center for the game, so no, there's no way to change it. All support tickets for the game go to London, Ontario in Canada, right to DE's office.

But they have to be sorted somehow. I wrote first support ticket in English and they responded in Polish.

1 hour ago, TithenFirion said:

But they have to be sorted somehow. I wrote first support ticket in English and they responded in Polish.

If you wrote the ticket in English, then you should have your language settings on the support page set to English to ensure that the system processes it as an English ticket. If not, you may receive automatic responses in languages other than the ticket you submitted, and cause additional delays as the ticket is transferred to an English speaking representative.

While there are different staff members who address tickets in different languages, it's all still one location. 

A reply in a different language than the ticket may mean that the response was automatic and that a customer support representatives has not yet reviewed your ticket and forwarded it to the appropriate staff member. Make sure your language settings are set to English on the support page, add a comment to your report if it's still open and wait for a reply.