Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community needs a nerf

pyrocraziac

The community in this game has been the recipient of much power creep as of late. There is a fine line between offering suggestions and pissing and moaning to get ones way. I think it is high time that the community has gotten its long overdue nerf. These overpowered community members are ruining the fun for everyone else.

Here are some suggestions that I have that I think would help balance out the community in a fair way.

Dev hunger meter:

A hunger meter is a feature that works well in many games. This one would be replenished by platinum expenditure. However, the psychological horror of seeing it drain might be too much for some. A unique twist on this feature would be to make it a sort of mastery rank system. This would allow time to be saved on coding new features! The way it would work, it would divide the dollar value of any platinum expenditure by about 300 (since that is the most recently divulged number of employees at DE). Usually the first expenditure a player gives is in exchange for a warframe slot or weapon slot. This is a really low entry point and is also buffered by free plat, but the players need some sort of tutorial process to acclimate them to the hunger system. So for their first rank, they receive a mastery level of 7 grains of rice and a plastic packet of soy sauce from Teriyaki Experience.

As with all mastery systems each rank, but there needs to be some balance. To make it fair for player progression, all hunger ranks should be based off the entry level 75 plat dollar:plat conversion ratio. This should not be too much of a grind, ya know. There should be easily recognized milestones for each rank. So when a player spends 320 platinum, they get upgraded to a rank of Barratt Refreshers, but they only get one, since that is how much plat it takes to buy everyone at DE 1 single piece from the roll. When the player spends 975 platinum, they get the rank of egg, again since that is how much it would cost to buy each employee one egg. When players hit 2500 platinum they get a rank of 1 cup of Tim Horton's coffee! I don't want to spoil all the ranks, but we do need a pretty good one for our top spenders. So when a player spends 18235 platinum, they achieve the rank of 4 liter bag of milk. For such dedicated players this should not just be any bag of milk, but a bag of GREEDY MILK featuring a picture of Sargus Ruk!

My thoughts on this being related to spending plat is that this game should continue its longstanding tradition of never restricting content from the free players. This way, even people who trade for plat can grind up to their desired tier in the hungry ranks. Of course, if a person buys prime access, they should unlock dollar equivalent tiers AND get primed versions of these rank icons on their profile.

Whew, that was a lot of math! Moving on:

People seem to like grinding and being disappointed by the grind when they are reminded what a failure they are. I think this has been what has made the Dark Souls games so popular. So each wave in a defense/survival/interception, and pretty much every mission summary screen, should be replaced with chiding remarks aimed at the players. For rotation A and non endless missions should get a screen like this:

Spoiler

PmyrCiz.png

For rotation B, a screen like this:

Spoiler

xmu4Sn6.png

Finally, rotation C would greet the players with this:

Spoiler

SrQ6lpq.png

I know I know, people are going to nag "but why should we get this screen every time?" And the logical explanation is that regardless of what part drops that rotation/mission someone was not looking for it; their princess was in another castle, so to speak.

Now I do sympathize with the folks who grind out hours in the same mission. They DO DESERVE BETTER REWARDS. That is why regardless of rotation, once you pass 3 rotation C screens, every screen will be replaced with this special screen for the most elite of the grinders:

Spoiler

zGa4auh.png

I understand that you are hard at work, DE, plugging away at U19, but you really really need to understand how big of a mistake you are making by not dropping everything at this exact moment to cater to my extremely well thought out suggestions.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory images and comments.