Distruco22

Question

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Distruco22 said:

why do I die when I have Quick thinking activated and rage going

Why do I die just instantly.

Why cant I combo these mods,
Invulnrability?

Because Quick thinking only kicks in when yur health is at lethal levels, and when Energy is being drained to absorbed damage, Rage doesn't restore energy. 

Rage only restores energy on taking health damage.

Read the tooltips lol. 

Depends on who you are using them on. I have that on Inaros, with Steel Fiber and Vitality. Survivability for daaaaayys.

QT+Rage does not nullify damage, rather it only diminishes it. You will still get one shot at really high levels.

QT+R does not make you invulnerable, in any way. What it does do, is allow you to live a little bit longer in some hairy situations.

Quick Thinking will basically transfer any health damage taken to energy damage, when it would be lethal. In essence, when something would kill you, it instead leaves you at 2 health, and does that same damage to your energy pool instead. If you don't have any energy, you die, just as if you had no health.

Rage converts health damage taken into energy, based on a percentage of the health lost.  It's easy to see why these two mods go well together. As you get hit, Rage fills up your energy, and which allows you to have a larger 'second health bar'.  However, if you are no longer taking health damage, Rage no longer takes effect. Since damage redirected by QT is no longer health damage, but energy damage, Rage will not activate from that.  Same goes for damage done to shields, before health damage is taken.

So, if you're dying quickly with QT+R on, then you're facing one, or more, of three things:

1.) You're using powers, or otherwise aren't sitting on a very large energy reserve as your backup health.

2.) The enemies you're facing are high enough level to where they eliminate your shields, health, and energy pool in one go.  (Some of the higher level enemies, such as Nullifiers, Ballistas, Bombards, etc. can hit for multiple thousands of damage, with just one projectile, when scaling takes effect.)

3.) There are 'no-fun' enemies around. Basically things like Parasitic/Energy Leach Eximus units, that suck away your energy just by being near enough to you. Or, if you're facing infested, there are Ancient Disruptors, who drain a chunk of energy every time they hit you, and can spread this effect to other minions nearby, such as Chargers and Leapers. Especially in higher levels, I've had my entire energy pool ripped away just by getting hit twice by a Disrupted Charger.

Quick Thinking is also affeted by armor which means it wont do much on low armor frames and double HP on frames like Chroma.

Simple way to think is: Rage will give you energy while taking HEALTH damage. When Health gets to 2, quick Thinking kicks in and starts spending your energy pool. When the energy depletes, you´re dead.