Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to use Scarab Swarm (Inaros)

MarkDelta

Question

Hi all,

I was just wondering how does Scarab Swarm work? Last time I've charged it it seems that all I did is end up in sarcophagus, dead. Anyone know how to properly use it? My build is strength + range mostly.

Thanks! 

6 answers to this question

Once you've charged scarab swarm completely (by holding down 4) it will give you additional armor 400(not affected by power str), then by by taping 4 again when looking at an enemy it will shoot scarab swarm as a projectile taking 25%(you only need 25% charged) of your charge and some energy(only energy is reduced by efficiency) and stunning/dealing 200 corrosive damage for 15 seconds to an enemy which generate's an aura that turns scarab swarm dmg to health within 15meters to you and your allies(each enemy affected has this aura), it does spread to other other enemy's by 5 meters (from the single enemy you hit), projectile launch is 30 meters. dmg is affected by strength mods, range is affected by range mods and duration is affected by duration mods.

Edited by maxpixel

6 hours ago, FrackingBiscuit said:

You don't need to charge it to 100% all at once.  If you need to, build it gradually and replace lost health with your 1 and 2.

^^^ this.

I usually start by going go around 50% so I can double cast a large group. Dessi a few times and fill armor go max via range mods, getting healed in the process from the swarm on a large group.

Just a tip, cast the swarm on ospeys. A swarmed poison osprey will negate the effects of their toxic proc, and since they can't be stunned it will infect everything else. Imo, if you are using range, try to keep a mid sized group swarmed AND ALIVE. The wealth of HP will benefit everyone. The CC is top tier for its length.