Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restoring the game.

TyrannosauRayz

Question

So i got my new pc. I installed steam on it and yes i backup my warframe from my old pc and copied it here in my new pc. (Note: I spent 1 week to download the whole game, so it wont happen anymore thats why i backup my warframe so i can easily restore it to my new pc) But my question/problem is HOW to restore ? Anyone could help me ? Give me some step by steps. Or a video? 

T7UDfkn.png

I already asked google. Idk, if im just dumb. I didnt understand what google says. Maybe i have a selfproblem. Nvm that. Thanks in advance. I really need step by steps thingy. I'm not an expert on this kind of things. *sigh* 

Edited by TyrannosauRayz_13th

2 answers to this question

I dont know if theres any way to do it simply by copying the files across. You *could* try copying it back into your steam directory in the same place as it was on the other PC, but that may not work.The only surefire way to make sure you have no problems is to redownload the game.

Was Warframe originally downloaded through Steam?

You can just move the files over to the location that Steam games are stored (Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe). If you didn't have it through Steam originally, then you may have to select to "Install" it from the Store Page, but try to stop it if it thinks the files are "corrupt" or "out-of-date" and tries to download (as the Steam files are older, so updates appear as "corrupt" and you'll end up downloading old items and then updating them again from the Launcher).

(I've done this with a number of Steam games between my brother and I using flash drives as we also have a slow internet connection.)

Edited by Maicael