The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Udp Network ports PS4 - I Can t play

you should work on your router opening the doors the pop up tell you or enabling the UPNP\DMZ (router side anyway)

PC or PS4 makes no difference, ports must be opened on the router

Give to the PS4 a static IP would help, btw is plenty of guides around on how to do that

https://www.google.it/search?safe=off&q=psn+port+forwarding+ps4&oq=opening+ports+ps4&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i71l8.0.0.0.8333.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.Y4ffMgCQhdA

21 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

you should work on your router opening the doors the pop up tell you or enabling the UPNP\DMZ (router side anyway)

PC or PS4 makes no difference, ports must be opened on the router

Give to the PS4 a static IP would help, btw is plenty of guides around on how to do that

https://www.google.it/search?safe=off&q=psn+port+forwarding+ps4&oq=opening+ports+ps4&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i71l8.0.0.0.8333.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.serp..0.0.0.Y4ffMgCQhdA

Actually, a better option would be to enable uPnP on the router. This means that the ports which are required are only opened when requested by a valid program. (Warframe)

31 minutes ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Actually, a better option would be to enable uPnP on the router. This means that the ports which are required are only opened when requested by a valid program. (Warframe)

there are not security issues on PS4, doesnt matter if you go with a DMZ, UPNP or openeing the doors one by one, you will never get viruses or whatever

1 hour ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

there are not security issues on PS4, doesnt matter if you go with a DMZ, UPNP or openeing the doors one by one, you will never get viruses or whatever

Actually, that is not entirely true. The PS4 does have security issues, just not in the way that you would expect. Sure you may never be infected by a virus, but you suffer the risk of being snooped on ports by criminals. You also suffer the risk of personal information being exposed no matter how hard you attempt to prevent it. Such things include but are not limited to; PLC header information, browser version etc. Every computer has some sort of security flaw. Anything connected to the internet runs the risk of being hacked or exploited; no matter how hard you try to prevent it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Actually, that is not entirely true. The PS4 does have security issues, just not in the way that you would expect. Sure you may never be infected by a virus, but you suffer the risk of being snooped on ports by criminals. You also suffer the risk of personal information being exposed no matter how hard you attempt to prevent it. Such things include but are not limited to; PLC header information, browser version etc. Every computer has some sort of security flaw. Anything connected to the internet runs the risk of being hacked or exploited; no matter how hard you try to prevent it.

Ok, open the ports one by one if you feel like, ill keep up my DMZ like i did till now, im sure my personal infos are 100% safe, can care less about the rest, im sorry

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Ok, open the ports one by one if you feel like, ill keep up my DMZ like i did till now, im sure my personal infos are 100% safe, can care less about the rest, im sorry

This wasn't what i was implying. I was implying that enabling uPnP would be the better and more logical solution. Due to the fact that it opens the ports on a demand-by basis, it ensures that you remain secure aswell as being able to play online without any issues. I'll end this here before this goes off-topic.

1 hour ago, (PS4)decogold said:

This wasn't what i was implying. I was implying that enabling uPnP would be the better and more logical solution. Due to the fact that it opens the ports on a demand-by basis, it ensures that you remain secure aswell as being able to play online without any issues. I'll end this here before this goes off-topic.

UPNP is not supported from all the routers (especially if the router you are using is branded from your internet provider), static IP and DMZ it usually does as the static IP could be setted up on the PS4 and the DMZ is just a matter of cut off the PS4 from the router. connecting it directly to the internet. Best option around to avoid any kind of connection issues

14 hours ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

UPNP is not supported from all the routers (especially if the router you are using is branded from your internet provider), static IP and DMZ it usually does as the static IP could be setted up on the PS4 and the DMZ is just a matter of cut off the PS4 from the router. connecting it directly to the internet. Best option around to avoid any kind of connection issues

Actually, all routers from 2010 and onwards have it built in since it is a pre-requisite. A static IP address can be set up on the PS4 sure, but your router ultimately has full control over if this is validated or not. Most likely it is not as it assigns a set lease time to each device for it to expire from. So an example would be as follows:

• Set up a static IP address via the PS4.
  • Wait around 2 weeks for the lease time to expire.
  • A new device connects to the router and is assigned the IP address of the PS4... suddenly we have a issue.

A DMZ does not cut the PS4 from the router... it is still mandatory for the PS4 to connect to a router in order to connect to the internet. The DMZ simply allows for a device to bypass the firewall of the router; allowing for any open connections to any server. Nothing more, nothing less.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Actually, all routers from 2010 and onwards have it built in since it is a pre-requisite.

Maybe in the Country where you live, mine is a 2015 one and dont have UPNP at all, neither port mapping caus the branded firmware, its all about the internet provider choice

Modded firmawares? yeah, thats another option if they dont reset your firmware once a month, still DMZ for most users is the only way to go

1 minute ago, (PS4)chewbaccachris said:

also some routers can't handle more than one PS4 - really makes it annoying when you have 2 PS4's and can't route the ports to both consoles :-(

I'm using a router running OpenWRT and don't normally have problems with 2 PS4s.  Although occasionally, the second PS4 started getting the strict nat popup.  Once that happens, if I close warframe on the first PS4, I'll get the strict nat there as well.  I have to reboot the router to correct it.