Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this Good build for Frost ? - its supposed to be Snow Globe build.

RedkryplV2

Question

So i was little bit playing in Warframe Builder and this is what i tried idk if someone else did it sooner but that doesnt matter anyway Is it good build ? or is there better one ?

Link on build- http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Frost/t_30_1320240230_1-5-10-5-1-5-6-4-5-8-8-5-12-2-10-19-3-10-411-7-10-481-6-10-615-0-5_615-5-5-5-12-8-19-14-6-6-1-7-481-14-411-8-8-14-f-f_20/en/1-0-7/0 

Hp-285

Shield cap-1110

Shield rec-70.50s

Power-425

Armor-705

sprint spe-0.9

--------------------------------------

Power Str- +199%

Knock res- +30%

Power eff- -25%

Power dur- -27.50%

Energy reg- +0.6%

It's simply 130 efficiency, 145% range total, not +130% and +145% :)

Your warframe starts always with 100% of each attribute so I simply gave you that value plus the value from the mods already :)

Some warframes benefit from negative (below 100%) attributes, but none from negative efficiency and certainly not Frost, therefore I strongly recommend getting rid of Blind Rage unless you can compensate with Fleeting Expertise but that would , imo, handicap your cc capabilities too much and sometimes those few seconds you get from freezing everyone with your Avalanche can be quite vital.

Anyway, this:

16 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

I don't see the need for extra range....

is the worst advice you could have gotten for a Snow Globe build. As someone before me said, the bullets will stop at your globe but explosions won't and at higher levels they are one of the worst if not the worst threat.

On 12.6.2016 at 5:51 PM, RedkryplV2 said:

its supposed to be like for deffense the globe so it will stay longer be stronger and stuff like that

If you want a really endgame viable defence, then build max range > efficiency > duration.

You need the range for bombards. Efficiency to be able to renew your globe every 4secs so it always stays invulnerable and stacks nicely. With that massive range (235%) and long duration, you have a pretty neat CC with your avalanche as well. Add Zenurik focus and Energy Siphon so have enough energy to play that way endlessly. Add a good weapon against nullies and you're good to go.

Spoiler

uNv6poF.png

Edited by Pansai
added build img

2 hours ago, Lijka said:

is the worst advice you could have gotten for a Snow Globe build. As someone before me said, the bullets will stop at your globe but explosions won't and at higher levels they are one of the worst if not the worst threat.

how is this going to stop explosions anyway? 

in fairness at higher levels we (as in people I play with) take a frost/limbo combo or an icewave build.... 

Edited by morningstar999

1 hour ago, Pansai said:

If you want a really endgame viable defence, then build max range > efficiency > duration.

You need the range for bombards. Efficiency to be able to renew your globe every 4secs so it always stays invulnerable and stacks nicely. With that massive range (235%) and long duration, you have a pretty neat CC with your avalanche as well. Add Zenurik focus and Energy Siphon so have enough energy to play that way endlessly. Add a good weapon against nullies and you're good to go.

Reveal hidden contents

uNv6poF.png

This is the best build for long T4 defence.

Edit: sorry for double post, a mistake.

Edited by Lijka

Needs to be said,

but at max Efficiency (13 energy) your Snow Globes would have about 10k health. 
To max health a Globe takes 100 casts (1300 energy total). 

You will spend more time spamming Snow Globe, but it wont take much to refresh when past 20 waves.

At max Power, your Snow Globes will cost you 78 energy per cast for about 18k health.
To max health a Globe takes 56 casts (4300 energy total).

Requires a full time EV Trinity to keep you up, thats assuming enemies get close enough for Trinity to keep Energy Vampire up for you.

5 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

True, but maxing the globe is not the priority at all. You get there automatically, but it doesn't matter. It's just about keeping it in it's invulnerable state as much as possible.

7 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

Requires a full time EV Trinity to keep you up, thats assuming enemies get close enough for Trinity to keep Energy Vampire up for you.

I guess you mean this only relating to the max power Frost? With the max eff build, you're fine with Energy Siphon and a first lvl Zenurik passive.

5 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

True, but maxing the globe is not the priority at all. You get there automatically, but it doesn't matter. It's just about keeping it in it's invulnerable state as much as possible.

7 minutes ago, Souldend78 said:

I guess you mean this only relating to the max power Frost? With the max eff build, you're fine with Energy Siphon and a first lvl Zenurik passive.

1 hour ago, Pansai said:

Different gameplays, different strategies. 
Only reason it needs to be said.

But since you asked.
I don't play duration build often as I usually recruit randoms, and often Avalanche buff either gets wasted or 4 CP already in play.
Invulnerability is negligible if wave last longer than 10 seconds, otherwise you are going to be spamming Snow Globe so wasted energy, go efficiency.

And yes I have all 3 builds, Efficiency + Range keeps randoms from failing missions more often than my str or duration builds.

Strength build is best for offensive Frost, I do it rarely, or if team is leveling gears/ no CP/etc. and even then you want range to kill/debuff more for your energy.

Endless dedicated team? You should not need Energy Siphon on first place.

Zenurik passive is nice, provided you are not spamming outside activation otherwise that 60-100 energy on activation is not gonna take you far at 78 energy per Snow Globe cast, nevermind Avalanche.

We could be taking about this for awhile if we factor everything in.

I'd say we fully agree anyway.

I suggested max range, max efficiency (and rest on duration). Zenurik passive allows me to spam globe every 4secs.

And the Siphon, I quote myself: "you're fine with Energy Siphon and a first lvl Zenurik passive". You're not gonna need the Siphon if you upgraded your Zenurik passive any more.

And for me Frost is pure defense... there're better frames if I want buff or offense. So no Str builds for me anyway.