Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark split sword alteration idea

Shade-Nightclaw

Okay to be blunt I think the way they did it was half assed, my idea is this, make a stance mod that can change the combos based on the form, and bind the form change to the alt fire button so you can click it in, your tenno hits the handles center off theyre knee splitting it into two swords and when your done or just want to change it back, they can push them together and an energy effect refuses the swords back together, its simple, and its a helluva lot better than what they did, no offense, plus it would make gathering all that mutagen mass actaully worth it... i personally would love to see it revised this way.
Also, I highly doubt I'm the only one severely dissapointed you can not form change it mid mission.

Edited by Shade-Nightclaw

4 hours ago, Lactamid said:

2 stance slots, 50% bonus from each. Switch stance in game whenever you want. That's how I think I would have done.

Could work, but i think it should innately be able to split with the alt fire button, plus two stance mods would probably cause tons of glitching, i think just making a new stance mode that switches styles with its form would work better, either way they need to take our ideas and consider them

17 hours ago, Lactamid said:

True, having a unique one that utilizes both fast and heavy strikes would be best, but if you wanted to use the already existing ones (stances) it could have two slots.

I dont think thats possible without reworking the entire game engine, and i doubt they will rework a game engine over one weapon to be honest.

In my opinion, having alt fire switch between weapon configs while melee is selected would be the most appropriate way to allow for on the fly stance changing.  Example: Config A uses Tempo Royale, Config B uses Swirling Tiger, Config C uses Cleaving Whirlwind. pressing alt fire would cycle through each config in order (A > B > C > A etc).

Edited by Vyander
typo

13 hours ago, Vyander said:

In my opinion, having alt fire switch between weapon configs while melee is selected would be the most appropriate way to allow for on the fly stance changing.  Example: Config A uses Tempo Royale, Config B uses Swirling Tiger, Config C uses Cleaving Whirlwind. pressing alt fire would cycle through each config in order (A > B > C > A etc).

either that or make a new unique stance mode, it really needs to be done, every single person ive talked to was also dissapointed you couoldnt form change it on the fly

9 hours ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

either that or make a new unique stance mode, it really needs to be done, every single person ive talked to was also dissapointed you couoldnt form change it on the fly

Alternatively, if the stats were worth it for each mode and competed with the other good weapons in both categories then I think people would feel much better about it. If the engine can't handle a stance switch, I'd be good with a unique stance OR a buff.

On 6/15/2016 at 1:45 AM, Factman said:

Alternatively, if the stats were worth it for each mode and competed with the other good weapons in both categories then I think people would feel much better about it. If the engine can't handle a stance switch, I'd be good with a unique stance OR a buff.

using it like a heavy sword ups its base damage and status

8 hours ago, Shade-Nightclaw said:

using it like a heavy sword ups its base damage and status

True, but not nearly enough. It is below par when you stack it against nearly any other heavy blade in the game, yet it's mastery rank and building requirements don't reflect that at all. The way I see it, there are several viable ways to address this:

I. Lower the building cost and mastery requirement so it's a great "sampler" weapon in the early game for new players to try two melee types at the cost of late game stats.

II. Keep the mastery and build requirements and up the damage to be on par with other heavy blades and dual swords, so it can be a stylish alternative to those catagories.

III. Keep the build and mastery and don't change the stats, but let it switch forms on the fly. I believe Rebecca suggested that this option was impossible without reconstructing the game engine, spoken in last weeks Prime Time, so not the best option.

IV. Keep the build and mastery as well as the stats, but create a unique split-sword stance. This would take some effort and time, but it would muddle the lines between the catagories by gaining an exclusive stance, and it would look dang cool.

Any of those four would make me proud to own a dark-split-sword.

Edited by Factman
My proofreading is faulty