Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

/kill Instead Of /stuck? And Other Ideas (On Stuck Topic)

Haldark

As alot of players know this game, so far, is pretty buggy when it comes to being able to be stuck and glitching out of the map/glitching into the floor even. From what I gather, the reason no /stuck command exists is to stop abuse of it from being used. Ex: Surrounded by enemy, /stuck, tp'd to different area where you aren't quite as surrounded/not surrounded at all.  And also because, this being a Beta, they want people to report bugs they come across and not just /stuck and move on.  Either or being the case, I think we do NEED a way to get unstuck. And let's be honest, most of the time we get stuck, it's usually resolved by us being killed, whether by an enemy over a long painful time or by waiting for 5+ minutes for the glitch to kill us.

Main examples:

~Glitching out of the map (mainly in the Void) only to eventually (hopefully) be killed.

~Getting stuck in the ground/floorboards/in general and not being able to move. 

If we add a /kill to just kill ourselves, we'll be using a revive, but it's better then being forced to wait for 5+ minutes for the glitch to kill you and if you get stuck in the floor or something, better then having your team mates (if you even have them) time the mission out and miss out on the rest of the loot from the level. Also, if we do use the /kill command, we'd be using one of our revives, and I have a feeling that would get make people want to get the bug/glitch fixed asap to avoid having to use another revive.

Story time

My friend missed ~5-8 mods because he got stuck in the pop-up cover, and another lost ~7 mods due to being stuck in the floorboards.

Plus, if the objective is completed (mostly in a void mission) and your group is still deciding to explore/mop up the rest of the enemies and you get stuck/glitched out, you're missing out on exp, possible mods, and the rewards from the Athletic Challenge/Agility Course since you can't just leave and join back in.

Also, leaving and joining back to get out of a glitch (again, mostly in the Void) means you forfeit all previous mods,credits, etc that you obtained. But this may be in your best interest because you possibly might get maybe a better mod/more mods/cores from the Athletic Challenge/Agility Course, if they even find it/it even spawned.

Here's hoping some form of /stuck or /kill is implemented into the game to make our jobs abit less infuriating. 

Edit: "As the devs have said, they do not want to give any debug tools to the players"  

Notbot: "...we are beta testers after all, not giving us some "Save-yourself-from-horrible-glitchy-doom" commands seems a bit odd." 

^That.

Additional ideas:

~A report bug function ingame that would allow the stuck player to contact a GM and possibly get unstuck. 

~A timer that after being still/in a certain area (10x10 or whatever) for too long would teleport the player to a designated area in the room you are  in. This would probably need a timer of about 3-5 minutes to avoid being abused by afkers, and the implementation of this might also mean an afk timer, but I see more positive then negative in that. Also, if we had a screen that asked the person if they'd like to teleport to the designated area/to a team mate, that may help.

-This is abit useless if you fall through the map...but hey. If you fall through it you do generally die...Eventually.

~An item that when used teleports you to a team mate. Though this might just have to be a beta only item that has a long CD, it'd be a nice credit sink and while it was here it would "alleviate the rusher v.s. explorer problems". (Credit to NotBot).

~A /returntospawnpoint command, only usuable every several minutes/once or twice a mission which would trigger an atuomated bug report detaling what happened and what was happening when the command was used. (Credit to NotBot)

~A /stuck function that pulls up and automatic bug report that must be filled out, then you are teleported back to the main area. I feel this would be a good solution, as it would make reporting bugs easier, finding them easier, and make it hard to abuse due to having to fill out the report before you could use it so you could not get out of a mob of enemies. (Credit to liavalenth)

Anymore I think I'm liking the idea of a command that kills,teleports,or unsticks you, but generates an automated report log that details the area you were in when you used the command and what happened several minutes before and leading up to when you used the command. This way if the devs look over the logs and if they have questions, they can ask the player who used the command for additional information. Something along these lines would be an interesting add to the game to prevent being infuriated when you get stuck/fall through the level.

Oh, and here's a picture of being stuck in the floorboards of a void mission, courtesy of yours truly. I'd give you another picture of being stuck in the Void, but the cover stole my screenshot.

dr2hed.png

Edited by Haldark

I too would like to see something implimented that will unstick you from walls or falling through them forever and things like that.

In your photo the same thing happened to me and my friend, we were stuck in the same area the two of us would fall right through the floor while our other two friends could just walk over normally.

What effected us to make us fall through?

Mag's pull was unable to get us out as well because we were through a floor.

We did manage to get unstuck after running through the floor apparently and continue normally however, but it seems everytime we run a void mission something bad happens to at least one of us and we get stuck in a wall or fall through the floor forever.

A /unstuck, /kill command would be extremely useful in such cases.

As the devs have said, they do not want to give any debug tools to the players

I suppose that's fair enough and overall it is there choice, I still think we should have some way of being able to get out of a glitched position/stuck position that stops us from obtaining a mod/credits and I had no idea that they said "they do not want to give any debug tools to the players". Regardless of if they don't want to, they should still consider giving some way of escaping 5+ minutes of just sitting there doing nothing then possibly wasting a revive anyway. Maybe through possible interaction with a GM ingame (bit redundant but shh). 

I'll add another 2 ideas of mine to my main post.

I got suck in the same place in the void, fell through the floor there, but I was able to wall run up and jump out. Yesterday a couple people in the group I was in, we fell through the map in Kappa in the main terminal rooms, but we hit solid ground and it was right above the starting area and were able to jump back into the starting area run all the way back to the terminal rooms. It was pretty trippy, I've never fallen through the map and gotten back in the game, and it happened twice in one game.

Additional ideas:

~A timer that after being still/in a certain area (10x10 or whatever) for too long would teleport the player to a designated area in the room he is in. 

what about if u stand still long enough u can teleport to either a teammate or where u can see.. not just a few sec.. but i mean a few mins or something

Err, already added that idea before you mentioned it. But hey, it's good to see you agree with it. Also, a few minutes would probably be a bit overkill. Maybe like 30-45 sec or so?

well what if u just want to go and sit back and just keep teleing to ur teammates.. afking sorta

Yeah I guess that could be a problem. But even now if people wanna afk they just afk. But, I see your point. Maybe you were right in the several minutes thing. Also maybe make it bring up a screen that asks if you you wanna be teleported and also have it be so if you're afk for X amount of time you're kicked from the session.

I see where you're coming from.

Edited by Haldark

Maybe, some kind of usable item that teleports you to your teammates.

That would help alleviate the problems from this. And make another useful consumable. And provide a credit sink. And alleviate rusher-v.s-explorer problems. And so on and so forth.

As the devs have said, they do not want to give any debug tools to the players

At least a /returntospawnpoint command, usable only every few minutes. I mean, we are beta testers after all, not giving us some "save-yourself-from-horrible-glitchy-doom" commands seems a bit odd. Heck, even have it send an automated bug report detailing what happened and what was happening when the command was used.

Maybe, some kind of usable item that teleports you to your teammates.

That would help alleviate the problems from this. And make another useful consumable. And provide a credit sink. And alleviate rusher-v.s-explorer problems. And so on and so forth.

At least a /returntospawnpoint command, usable only every few minutes. I mean, we are beta testers after all, not giving us some "save-yourself-from-horrible-glitchy-doom" commands seems a bit odd. Heck, even have it send an automated bug report detailing what happened and what was happening when the command was used.

Pardon me while I add 75% of your post to the main post.

Edit: I lied, 99% of your post.

Edited by Haldark

what about if u stand still long enough u can teleport to either a teammate or where u can see.. not just a few sec.. but i mean a few mins or something

Not when you fall through a level hole.  Frames like Ash could probably get out of things like a pop-up cover using a teammate to Teleport, but if you fall through the level, the only way you're getting out (if ever) is DEAD, considering that miles away from any level geometry is undoubtedly out of range of any Warframe ability in existence.

34ipumd.jpg

Guys they DID talk about this in the livestream. I suggest you watch it. That is where I got the information that they did not want to give debug tools to the players. They say that as beta testers, we should report bugs to be fixed instead of fixing them ourselves.

The reason that DE does not want to give these commands to us, is that *most* people would just use /unstuck /kill /reset /whatever to fix the bug and then *never* report what had happened to DE.

If no one ever makes a report to DE how can they be expected to fix any of these bugs?

By not providing any of these tools it encourages people to report the issue in hopes that it will get fixed.

Guys they DID talk about this in the livestream. I suggest you watch it. That is where I got the information that they did not want to give debug tools to the players. They say that as beta testers, we should report bugs to be fixed instead of fixing them ourselves.

Firstly, which livestream?Because I want to watch it. And second, if a /kill existed, as I stated, it would use a revive /generate an automated bug report. And if you use a revive, I have a feeling you're going to report it because you're abit upset that you had to use it on a bug/glitch instead of because you died in combat. Also let me point out that the people who report bugs are the people who lose things due to an glitch/bug occuring and are mad about that. This would not only possibly enable an automated system that could be more useful then "I think I did this and this happened." Plus, if the devs have any more questions about the bug/glitch they could contact the player who had used the command.  Also, as I've been pointing out, a revive is something that some players value. And if that revive was taken due to a bug  (which already happens), then some players may be more inclined to report the bug. Maybe that's just my rational with my group of friends, but hell if I don't think it makes sense.  

And yes, DE does have complete authority when it comes to this issue since it IS their game and their beta. But that doesn't stop me and other players from wanting SOMETHING to avoid missing out on alot of stuff.

The reason that DE does not want to give these commands to us, is that *most* people would just use /unstuck /kill /reset /whatever to fix the bug and then *never* report what had happened to DE.

If no one ever makes a report to DE how can they be expected to fix any of these bugs?

By not providing any of these tools it encourages people to report the issue in hopes that it will get fixed.

This is why a type of automated report should happen detailing occurrences and the area the player was in in a log that happened prior to the player using the command. If the dev team has any additional questions they could contact the player.

"Also, as I've been pointing out, a revive is something that some players value. And if that revive was taken due to a bug (which already happens), then some players may be more inclined to report the bug. Maybe that's just my rational with my group of friends, but hell if I don't think it makes sense."

2 examples of things that happen:

~If a player falls through the level and eventually dies, he's less likely to report it on the forums because the issue was fixed by the issue.

-This is where we need some sort of automated system, instead of the player in the level waiting 5+ minutes for the glitch to kill him he'd probably wait 2 minutes then /kill or whatever and the automated system could record what had happened prior to the command and if the devs have questions, they contact the player.

~If a player is stuck before the mission objective is completed and he didn't get much before he got stuck, he leaves and joins back in and doesn't report the issue because it didn't cause him much harm.

-This can't really be fixed too easily considering it's a case of "Not much harm done anyway", but a command that allowed the player to be unstuck and generates a log of what was happening and could lead to questions for the player would be useful, no?

Also, here's something to consider. Most of the time when glitches happen to me, I can't for the life of me figure out how they happened. For example the picture at the bottom of the main post. If you asked how that happened in order to reproduce the issue, I couldn't tell you because I have no idea how it happened.  This may just be my bad memory, but hey, I imagine others have the same issue.

And allow me to reiterate this just incase you missed this statement from me.

DE does have complete authority when it comes to this issue since it IS their game and their beta. But that doesn't stop me and other players from wanting SOMETHING to avoid missing out on loot,exp,mods,bps,credits, and a good time with friends/random people. 

Edited by Haldark

Your question is answered at 30:20

Thanks. 

Edit: Watched, and as Scott said, he's just being stubborn. If they add an unstuck function that brings up a bug report then it will be an easy way around being stuck and frustrated like hell (which can cause negative reactions/gamequit) and if they force a certain length reply/force several questions before you are teleported or whatever then it will make abusing this function neigh impossible. 

Also, you'll notice, he said "I'm not saying we're never gonna add an unstuck function..." (~31:10)

Edited by Haldark

I personally think that a /unstuck that pulls up an automatic bug report that must be filled out, then you are teleported back to the main area would be a good solution. It would make reporting bugs easier, finding more bugs easier, and make it hard to abuse (as it would take time to fill out the report, so you could not get out of a mob this way).

call it /stuckreport

Edited by liavalenth

I personally think that a /unstuck that pulls up an automatic bug report that must be filled out, then you are teleported back to the main area would be a good solution. It would make reporting bugs easier, finding more bugs easier, and make it hard to abuse (as it would take time to fill out the report, so you could not get out of a mob this way).

call it /stuckreport

S'a good idea. -Adding to main post.

This does seem a relevant idea... but I think it should just be a quick out command when you're glitched into stuff like I don't know... a Void cover that can't slide to the other side.

This does seem a relevant idea... but I think it should just be a quick out command when you're glitched into stuff like I don't know... a Void cover that can't slide to the other side.

Problem with that is the devs don't want something that can be easily abused by people saying "Meh, I don't wanna fight these enemies. /stuck. Sorted," which one of the reasons it isn't in the game.