Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does this build look for a Lex Prime?

LODESAMONEY

14 answers to this question

You have a real thing for blast...

Most of the time Blast damage is not a good choice.  Generally Corrosive, Viral, Radiation, or maybe pure Toxin is better. Depending, of course, on who you are fighting. Otherwise the Lex looks decent, although you won't always want that puncture mod (again, it depends on who you're fighting). On your Boltor I hope that Heavy Cal isn't actually maxed...  :)

That Heavy Cal is 6 right now. I didn't mean to put Blast on the Lex P either; most of the time it would be Radiation.

That's partly why I chose Lex P as my secondary though, because once Heavy Cal gets maxed, Boltor P will be more of a close-mid range spray weapon, and I'll need Lex P to cover long-range combat and sniping.

13 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

That's exactly the build I listed in the original post. 

Ops XD

Well just put Hydraulic Crosshair and Sharpened Bullets instead of Bore and Deep Freeze (now that I look better, it's better even in DPS if you care about it)

Edited by Drufo

Boltor Prime shouldn't be your weapon of choice for high level content. It deals too low dmg with too high ammo consumption. If you really want to use it swap one elemental or Shred for ammo mutation. Otherwise you'll find yourself with low ammo quite often.

For Lex I'd say your build is good. I'd personally use elemetal instead of Bore.

25 minutes ago, Drufo said:

Ops XD

Well just put Hydraulic Crosshair and Sharpened Bullets instead of Bore and Deep Freeze

+crit dmg on kill are decent but I wouldn't bother with any +crit % on headshot mods. They rarely provide high enough dmg boost compared to elemental and are a bit awkward to use. Warframe is IMO too fast paced and mobs are doing "it's beta, my job is done" too often to line perfect headshots

1 minute ago, Slaviar said:

+crit dmg on kill are decent but I wouldn't bother with any +crit % on headshot mods. They rarely provide high enough dmg boost compared to elemental and are a bit awkward to use. Warframe is IMO too fast paced and mobs are doing "it's beta, my job is done" too often to line perfect headshots

As I said it's just the build I have fun the most

5 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Boltor Prime shouldn't be your weapon of choice for high level content. It deals too low dmg with too high ammo consumption. If you really want to use it swap one elemental or Shred for ammo mutation. Otherwise you'll find yourself with low ammo quite often.

For Lex I'd say your build is good. I'd personally use elemetal instead of Bore.

I assume Soma P is really no good for high level content then either, since it eats a lot of ammo as well.

30 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

I assume Soma P is really no good for high level content then either, since it eats a lot of ammo as well.

Yeah, Soma's not best one too. I don't say they're bad weapons, they're just not good enough for 100+. I didn't test any of these with primed ammo mutation but I wouldn't expect great results.

From my experience for high lvl content best weapons are Hek with augment, Vay Hek with primed mods, Tigris, Dread, Rakta Cernos, Latron Wraith, Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok. These are weapons I've used and can confirm are good enough

Edited by Slaviar

Well, at least Lex Prime qualifies. Just gotta wait for Baros to sell me all the primed mods I need: 

-Primed Target Cracker

-Primed Pistol Gambit

-Primed Heated Charge

-Primed Reach

Several others, and I gotta find out where to get Bore. I can't figure out what it's worth because it's not listed on the trading site. 

Edited by LODESAMONEY

120% IPS damage mods really aren't that great, especially compared to a third elemental. Part of this is because you're only boosting a tiny portion of the fully modded damage, and part of this is because IPS damage bonuses are much smaller than even a single elemental, let alone the proper combination.

Speaking of elementals, Blast is completely meh. For Grineer you want Corrosive or Radiation to focus on either Ferrite Armor or Alloy Armor respectively. Since you have room for a third elemental after dropping Bore, go with Cold if you've got Corrosive, or Toxin if you've got Radiation, because this will give you a bonus against the other armor type in either case. For the Void, Corrosive+Cold is the better choice, since shields take drastically reduced damage from Radiation but take bonus damage from Cold.

For Corpus, Magnetic deals massive damage to shields, and Toxin bypasses them entirely on top of dealing increased damage to the Ferrite Armor of Bursas. For Infested, Corrosive deals heavy bonus damage to the Fossilized flesh of Ancients and Mutalist enemies, while Heat deals a smaller but sufficient bonus to light Infested, which is basically everything else.

And that's how2elemental in a nutshell. Other than that, your build on your Lex Prime is actually pretty standard.

Is that how I should mod my Boltor P as well? Drop the 4th elemental and find something better? 

Four of the slots are dedicated to: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Shred, and Split Chamber. I don't think I can do much better than these 4 mods and elemental damage for Boltor P.

Also, if I fight Infested, I'm assuming I should go Viral + Fire?

Edited by LODESAMONEY

17 minutes ago, LODESAMONEY said:

Is that how I should mod my Boltor P as well? Drop the 4th elemental and find something better? 

Four of the slots are dedicated to: Serration, Heavy Caliber, Shred, and Split Chamber. I don't think I can do much better than these 4 mods and elemental damage for Boltor P.

Also, if I fight Infested, I'm assuming I should go Viral + Fire?

Infested are resistant to Viral. Refer to my previous post for good elemental combos against each faction. Here's a link to the Damage 2.0 article on the wiki if you'd like further information: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

With your Boltor Prime, you really shouldn't level Heavy Caliber past -30% accuracy. The increase in damage is not worth the net decrease in DPS due to misses, nor the increased strain on ammo economy. Since the Boltor Prime isn't a crit weapon you can fit on 3 elemental mods, and Shred is pretty nice so you can keep that, which leaves one mod slot free for some Quality of Life mods, like projectile flight speed, or ammo mutation.

Well I'm trying to set up all three of my configs for Lex Prime, so that I can just click on a config for any given mission and have the optimized damage type without needing to manually swap mods. 

Config A is Corro/Heat for Void/Infested, and Config B is Rad/Toxin for Grineer. I'm assuming Config C should be Magnetic/Toxin for Corpus?

Also, I don't have having a maxed Heavy Caliber on my Boltor P. I'm making it into a short-medium range weapon and using Lex Prime for long range to compensate. So far it's Rank 6, -35%, and I hardly notice it at all.

Edited by LODESAMONEY