Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy Optimisation

Darksledge

I don't know what kind of Space Magic you've made manifest. But I'm getting near consistant 60 FPS with my previous Video options.

I still have a very tiny of a dip in frames on the Infestation maps, though it's barely noticable. Small suprise for me, especially since my GPU is an integrated card and I don't expect much from Dev studios in that regard.

Muchly appreciated!

You mean to say it's possible that this would run on a m7300? Well, it's console compatible so it's possible.

Mine is a GTX 580m so... Current gen console I don't know. (Odd that you assumed I'm on a 3 year old netbook or something, but whatever floats your boat). Rumours have risen about the possible specs of Project Durango and PS4[K?]. So, even a console could run this mentality, might be the thing of the past. Atleast for 1 year.

However my point was *just* a thumbs up to Digital Extremes.

First of all, Dark Sector was super sharp and smooth on the Xbox 360. This game doesn't have super next gen graphics, it's just sharp and smooth just like Dark Sector. One of the only games...

At the top of that, the environment is very closed. A lot of sci-fi doors closing to block the line of sight, etc. The level design is very optimized so that the frame rate remains high.

I'm sure we wouldn't get such high performance with this game if we had to travel through a whole city. I'm pretty sure this game can run on 360 and PS3 just like Dark Sector and wouldn't look much different from the PC version. Aslo, most of the cutscenes are very low poly...

Edited by DeftGrinders

Mine is a GTX 580m so... Current gen console I don't know. (Odd that you assumed I'm on a 3 year old netbook or something, but whatever floats your boat). Rumours have risen about the possible specs of Project Durango and PS4[K?]. So, even a console could run this mentality, might be the thing of the past. Atleast for 1 year.

However my point was *just* a thumbs up to Digital Extremes.

Meeehhhh. Aren't the latest leaks showing it having some kind of custom low/mid end amd gpu? The most recent leaked specs are already well behind the tech in any decent gaming rig. Sure it'll probably run current games alright, but UE4? It seems like they're giving up on actual next gen graphics :|

Edited by Aggh