Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

My name is Peter and when i was little i played a lot the Zelda saga. The mistery of the people called "Sheikah" was really intresting in my opinion, and i wanted to investigate deeper in these characters. So, after years, i decided to make a nickname: Peter - Sheikah

A Tenno Weapon named after you would be OP.

One of my friend use Tetroner as nickname. He's playing since U8, and when the Tetra came out he immediatly bought it. He loved that weapon!

RayleonardWallpaper-large.jpg

I am a huge fan of Armored Core series. Usually when I need names, I look for my favorite games and Armored Core is the first one I usually look upon. The name itself came from a company in Armored Core 4 (yep, not a character) with some 1337 speak just to make sure it's available. The name's short and sounds more normal than the rest (just look at the character names in Armored Core. Most of them are like IGNs you use in games while some good one are too long to be used), which is why I love it. I've been using this IGN for every game after that.

More info on the company : http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Rayleonard

My name has slightly more humble origins than some of these names.

Back when I was still on Government Payroll, my CO's computer "Stopped Working" so he came out into the mess hall and asked if there was anyone who knew about computers. Well, computers weren't my specialty, but I do know enough to not completely mess up any computer I touch, so one of my squad-mates pointed that out, and that it'd be a 90 minute wait for a dedicated tech to come back to base.

So, CO stuck me in his office and went out for lunch. I ended up applying "Percussive Maintenance" and bam. It started up again. I've been "Techy", or "Techno" ever since. But since I figured that'd be a common username, I gave mine a little flair to make it a bit different.

-snip-

Dude! Armored core Fan here!

Rayleonard were the best and made my favourite types of mechs ^^

Alright, while I'm here I may as well explain mine.

When I saw what game I was getting into, I thought I'd pick something a little more serious than my standard steam names (which never lasted long).

So I played around with stealthy names (avoiding various Ghost and Assassin tropes) and settled with Phantom Jack - nothing fancy, but it had a certain ring to it like some kind of comic book villain.

So there you go, I became Phantom_Jack: Proud Space Ninja and Prime Enthusiast ;) 

Edited by Phantom_Jack

About... a really long time ago... I wrote a short story, and The Scheifen was the name of the organization the story focused on. At the time, I thought I had made it up and it didn't exist outside of being my IGN, but when Myspace, then Facebook and Twitter became popular, a family with the last name Scheifen began replacing me on the first pages of Google searches. 

I traced it back once to an ancient french word meaning twisted, or warped. 

EDIT: and this topic is very interesting 

Edited by Scheifen

My name is Raptorator,

it's a simple combination of  "Raptor" and"Terminator".

I choosed this name because "Terminator" is already a famous name in video games and I wanted to creat my own alias and not simply copy an already existing name. And a Raptor is just a very cool dinosaur.

End of Story

Back when Guild Wars: Factions was fresh and new, I wanted a fitting name for the setting. After some internet-mumbo-jumbo I found a name generator that mongrelizes your real name into something asian sounding. After some more mix-and-match the name Sun Bao Shi came into being. Somehow I liked it and kept it for various games.

My username was made back when Gaia Online was something new. Originaly, i wanted to write Cerbius, wich is a simple version of Cerberus, but upon writing the username upon registry, i slipped and missed the R, thus creating Cebius. From there, i used Cebius in pretty much every site lol

When Unreal Tournament came out some friends decided to have a friendly tournament among the many musicians who used to go to their lan house. It would be a band versus band competition and in my band at the time no one played multiplayer. The band was called Mastiff and we thought it cool to all have canine names. I went for Dogo (after the argentinian Dogo, a breed I love) and use it for everything since then. It is short and I find it in use a lot of times so it becomes Dogoframe, DogoPutsHisWizardHatOn, Dogowesome, and many other stupid variants created on the spot.

This nickname came from when I was in college, taking a graphic design course.

I had this teacher who had this personality that didn't Flow well with mine.

I made it clear I wasn't a fan of hers or her work on a few occasions.....she made it clear she was the teacher by almost purposely scrutinizing my work to a higher level beyond the others.

At the end of the course we were assigned to make a still life piece of anything we wanted. 

So I chose to do draw a restroom, I decorated the walls of the restroom with my previous projects, drawing them into the picture framed on the restroom wall in order of how they were assigned.

On the floor I drew my Sketchbook...next to a toilet full of crumpled up bad ideas...

And on the wall of the restroom I drew a roll of toilet paper rolling off the new ideas that were building up beside my sketchbook.

I titled the piece "A year of class according to 2ply"

And submitted it to a stone faced instructor with a smile =)

The End!

Well! It's about time I started posting here.

The name is Speckles, as you can see. I actually chose this name due to a pet name a dear friend of mine gave me. I have many scars from a bout of chickenpox I had as a kid, and it's left my body looking rather... well, speckled. My friend, noticing all the scars, affectionately called me "Speckles".

I find it quite endearing. :D

My cousin, years ago, had an account in an MMORPG called "Fat Nom". It appealed to me because I found that it stood out from the rest. I began using it as my Steam display name, and through that, Warframe. Simple as that.

When I was a kid I needed a pen name or some s**t as my nickname when drawing.. Thus Pokolon was born.

Oh and the name has no meaning, its just a random name I made up from nothing to make sure I copied no one and that I was the only one with this name.. I am the only one worthy of this title, unless some random #$&(% decides to copy my name. NGAA