Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

Believe it or not, but that is my real name. It sounds poetic enough, so I stick it everywhere it sticks... Psyche!

I was born on February 14th, hence the Valentine, and I'm a moody, ever-the-downer person, hence the Grim. Sometimes I write short creepy or simply heavy, depressing stories about people who witnessed some gruesome stuff or went missing under disturbing circumstances. As many of those stories also include compassion or genuine concern vibe, pen-name fits. It also can be loosely interpreted as "Dark premonition on Valentine's Day", which is also quite poetic. Me like.

I traced it back once to an ancient french word meaning twisted, or warped. 

EDIT: and this topic is very interesting 

You know, I've been thinking of a Warframe whose powers are "portal-based". Scheifen:Warped

I guess I got an idea what to name that frame now..

I was mistakenly thought you were very fond of Corpus and their profits...

I thought of this as well. Haha.

I have used spacedkadet since ~2001 when i began online pc gaming with Red Faction. I had bought a pc with windows ME on it and was playing the pinball game it came with and in the upper right corner was the "space cadet" name and image. I added a "d" to space because dope and changed the c to a k because different. Used it in every game I've played since.

1481778-pinballscience_2.png

Ormithis became my screen name as a word play of or miss this, it was a one of the last things a particular girl friend I cared about said to me... "Get your act together or miss this" its a constant reminder of a great loss that motivates me to do better than previous experiences. Still on my mind 7 years since we talked Dee Dee

My name has nothing to do with the internet.

How I got my name:

My name is actually something I picked up from high school.
As a martial arts enthusiast, I enjoyed playing Badminton for its intense speed.

Unfortunately when placed in a Tennis court... I would always smash the ball through the net.
My friends would say: "NetSlayer Strikes Again!".

To this day, I'm still terrible at Tennis.

Over time people just call me 'Net' as I respond to it better than my own name
(My parents are very proud, I'm sure).

That.... and my real name is harder to pronounce right...

Since the name:

Since its inception. It's been used occasionally by others online... as my tiny gaming presence grew.
It's even been used to name a virus >.< I'm not in any way associated with.

I used to mod Halo:CE to great lengths (forum has since gone down)
but I made a lightsaber by stacking inverted normal tubes of various alpha's fading from a white core. (I was 15)
I went on to make professional clan rooms by replacing the covenant turret model with an office chair.
You could lean back, nod with your head and spin around in it and shuffle around very slowly.
I had plans to replace the firing animation with something like.. putting a hand up or other useful gestures.

Anyway that's my name and modding past all in one.

Edited by NetSlayer

I used to go by a different name on the OLD cheat happens forums, but ended up grabbing my name from an alt pack mule Dark Elf I made in Boulders Gate 2 on PS2. It's kinda stuck ever since. I gave my brother one of my other names that Used for five minutes when I really started getting into Warhammer type stuff. He goes by Awfilshoota. It is SO appropriate.

Ork Boyz Rule!!!!

My nickname is Jim in real life and the Decapitating part came from my good 'ol Killing floor days. I would play as a Berzerker and would end up decapitating enemies 90% of the time, even the big uns.  

I Freaking Love Killing floor.  Add me on steam

Shevrockoniki

Edited by Shevrock

I chose Stevangar Cronox because one day when playing a game as a kid, there was a planet in the game named Nox. I added Cro- in front of it and made it my personal alias. Stevangar was added after I played Kingdoms of Amalur and my randomly generated name was Stigandr. A couple modifications, and I had a complete alias. :3

a long long time ago, I was at a rave in Atlanta, (don't judge, I was young and foolish), I wasn't exactly sober, and someone introduced themselves by some ridiculous "raver name".  I had just finished the book Shogun by James Clavell (awesome book btw), and decided to introduce myself as that.  I felt a little like Blackthorne in a strange land at the time so in my mind it fit.  It has been my online name for a lot of games ever since.  I did give up the raves though, my brain cells prefer to die by alcohol now :-)

So my name is XenoFant.

I took the Xeno of XenoFant out of `Xenoblade Chronicles`(a great rpg for Wii) and from the noble gas ´Xenon´.

The Fant is from elephant(Elefant in german). I don´t know why but I kinda like elephants because of their huge ears.

But Penguins are better.

Well phobose isn't my original name.

My original name was ThatShadyGuy.

I started off with this name on Minecraft because the skin I chose made me look like a shady individual.

Eventually I started up on League (ImaShadyGuy) and Smite (ThatShadyGuy).

Im big on stealth, have been since WoW beta back in '04. Hell I even liked Blademaster in W3 cuz of wind walker.

I started on warframe with ThatShadyGuy but eventually changed it to Phobose (Phobos was taken.)

I play Smite with my friend whose named Stonefield, his name on Warframe is Daemios.

Phobos and Daemios. The gods of Fear and Terror.

I even wrote a backstory about a Ash Warframe who became deeply interested and borderline obsessed with the documented Ancient Greek mythological records the Orokin had and his obsession to seek vengance and to strike fear into the Stalker's heart.

Edited by Phobose

Well phobose isn't my original name.

My original name was ThatShadyGuy.

I started off with this name on Minecraft because the skin I chose made me look like a shady individual.

Eventually I started up on League (ImaShadyGuy) and Smite (ThatShadyGuy).

Im big on stealth, have been since WoW beta back in '04. Hell I even liked Blademaster in W3 cuz of wind walker.

I started on warframe with ThatShadyGuy but eventually changed it to Phobose (Phobos was taken.)

I play Smite with my friend whose named Stonefield, his name on Warframe is Daemios.

Phobos and Daemios. The gods of Fear and Terror.

I even wrote a backstory about a Ash Warframe who became deeply interested and borderline obsessed with the documented Ancient Greek mythological records the Orokin had and his obsession to seek vengance and to strike fear into the Stalker's heart.

I swear I've played art least one smite game with you. Same username.

Contrary to what most people would expect, my name doesn't come from Final Fantasy Tactics. In fact, the fartest I got in was the first Zodiac battle with Ramza and 4 chocobos (yes, everyone else was dead; I'm bad at those games).

Nevertheless, it was the beginning of the new millenium and a little game a few of you might know as Neverwinter Nights came out. I had little PnP experience back then and even less RP but I did some theater so it didn't take me long to learn how to get into character in NWN. Me and a few friends decided to go server hopping until we'd come across one we'd like to play on. For those who don't know, NWN had player-made worlds hosted on player servers as multiplayer, given the Toolset allowed you to do damn near anything you wanted up to recreation of various fantasy settings (like Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realm, even Warhammer 40k and Shadowrun).

So, we made what we called "trash characters" to scope a server first, some who'd get only little RP and just get a feel for the place before deciding if we'd stay or not. Once we found a world called Haven, a Persistent Story world (aka, RP mandatory), we decided to settle and create the characters we'd want.

By that time, I had been playing Xenogears a bunch and I based my inspiration off of Grahf, one of the antagonists. Mixing up ideas in my head, I eventually came up with "Wiegraf"; it sounded good, felt like it fitted the setting and was, in my then ignorance, a completely original name. So I went on to play him for years, getting involved with my buddies into events; we eventually settled as one of the major evil faction of the server and did pretty well to keep all within IC without any OOC drama. Life in RP was good.

Then, later on, in a completely different game, some people I came across started quoting lines from games, saying "it comes from FFT; you don't know about it?". I answered no and was told that "Wiegraf" was a duel enemy in FFT at some point. Well damn... for once I tried to come up with an original name and Square had already thought of it first anyway.

Oh well, I had the satisfaction of knowing that, at least, he was a pretty challenging boss so the character had become memorable in its own way. But I decided to continue using the nickname, knowing that I originally did come up with it by myself. It's been then my go to name to most online games, if not already taken where I tend to use a variation instead.

Due to my girlfriend's lack of seeing any movies I had to show her one "Anger Management" shortly after that I stumbled upon this glorious masterpiece Warframe. And with that still in mind AngerManagement came to be.

Bet you don't use Blind Rage :)

On the far side, Jim add me for some KF as well. I pretty much no-life'd that game :)