Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

made this name on Mabinogi.

was going for Arya orginally, and them Amber. but both were taken

so i combined them and somehow got Arenta....i was half asleep by that time.

hated the name at first, but after a full night playing on Mabinogi, i thought i had gotten so far(happens with your first MMORPG) and so i kept the name.

as time went on it grew on me, along with the funny things i could mistake as someone trying to get my attention. like saying arena or Aren't

4 years later i still had the name. and by that time the people i met(in a guild with them for 4 years. or...close to 8 years now...christ....) had permanently gotten used to calling me Arenta(they know my real life name. but enjoyed the in game name better)

when Mabinogi entered what players now call the "Year of Hackers" during which Nexon ignored a massive hacker attack for a full year(and as a result made 90% of the playerbase leave) i left.

moved to new games, and found myself using the name Arenta. i couldn't help it. by that time the name Arenta was as familiar as my real name.  maybe more so actually....

When i got into role playing, the name grew to Arenta Ozawa Tano(the name of my OC).

so now, i'm pretty much stuck with the name. not that i mind, i like it =)

My ex-girlfriend called me this. Then shortened it to G so everyone calls me G on WF.

It was a personal name between us. She thought it would be a funny inside joke to put on PS3. So I did. We broke up and I think it's time to change it. Some people like it some don't. Me personally I think I'll change it to Alkaline Codine.

Edited by (PS4)Mr_Goddamn_It

made this name on Mabinogi.

was going for Arya orginally, and them Amber. but both were taken

so i combined them and somehow got Arenta....i was half asleep by that time.

hated the name at first, but after a full night playing on Mabinogi, i thought i had gotten so far(happens with your first MMORPG) and so i kept the name.

as time went on it grew on me, along with the funny things i could mistake as someone trying to get my attention. like saying arena or Aren't

4 years later i still had the name. and by that time the people i met(in a guild with them for 4 years. or...close to 8 years now...christ....) had permanently gotten used to calling me Arenta(they know my real life name. but enjoyed the in game name better)

when Mabinogi entered what players now call the "Year of Hackers" during which Nexon ignored a massive hacker attack for a full year(and as a result made 90% of the playerbase leave) i left.

moved to new games, and found myself using the name Arenta. i couldn't help it. by that time the name Arenta was as familiar as my real name.  maybe more so actually....

When i got into role playing, the name grew to Arenta Ozawa Tano(the name of my OC).

so now, i'm pretty much stuck with the name. not that i mind, i like it =)

Arenta, Arenta, Arenta.

It sounds ethereal, like something from Shadow of the Colossus. 

I would call it beautiful but I don't want to embarrass you if you're a guy.

Arenta, Arenta, Arenta.

It sounds ethereal, like something from Shadow of the Colossus. 

I would call it beautiful but I don't want to embarrass you if you're a guy.

heh dont worry. female.

was actually funny when a new member joined our guild in mabi and asked that.

i'd pull them into voice chat and ask "seriously?"

it wasn't until 3 years later that i learned how many guys pose as girls.

yeah i wasn't very wise as to how the internet worked back then.

alot more wise now =/    (sorta wish i was still ignorant...)

NoggDog117. You can guess where the numbers came from. The NoggDog part, though, it came after watching some Fairly Oddparents when I was a kid, I think it was one of the christmas specials. I was over at a friend's house, and we were trying to find some Xbox Live gamertags that would work. Thank goodness I switched to PC a couple years back, that community was just venomous wherever I looked.

Named after my favourite character in the first fantasy book I read on my own. The Wizard of Earthsea, for reference. Read the books, don't watch the Studio Ghibli version. I love that company but they mangled one of my favourite stories something fierce.

I eventually dropped the 'w' from my usernames as it was too often nicked before I could get the name. 

NoggDog117. You can guess where the numbers came from. The NoggDog part, though, it came after watching some Fairly Oddparents when I was a kid, I think it was one of the christmas specials. I was over at a friend's house, and we were trying to find some Xbox Live gamertags that would work. Thank goodness I switched to PC a couple years back, that community was just venomous wherever I looked.

lol i used to love fairly oddparents!

good times!

remember jimmy neutron?

heh dont worry. female.

was actually funny when a new member joined our guild in mabi and asked that.

i'd pull them into voice chat and ask "seriously?"

it wasn't until 3 years later that i learned how many guys pose as girls.

yeah i wasn't very wise as to how the internet worked back then.

alot more wise now =/    (sorta wish i was still ignorant...)

wait......what? guys pose as chicks? but why?

wait......what? guys pose as chicks? but why?

apparently to get free stuff.

sad thing is thats pathetic as hell. i'd rather get it myself than beg.

i got self respect. apparently some people dont

so a bit of advice. if you see someone begging for stuff, and claiming to be a girl. 

then A. its a pathetic guy

or B. its a shameless girl

either case ignore them

Edited by Arenta

apparently to get free stuff.

sad thing is thats pathetic as hell. i'd rather get it myself than beg.

i got self respect. apparently some people don't

That's funny because I just recruited a girl, that doesn't have a mic. And she just started to through up red flags. She never wants to chat. She claims she just got a PS4 but we recruited her 15mins into PS4. She was straight off the ship. Her trial run was a t3 def died once in 25 rounds. Seems weird to me. I think it's a guy that started over with another profile and another gender. but my leaders say I'm being paranoid. lol 

That's funny because I just recruited a girl, that doesn't have a mic. And she just started to through up red flags. She never wants to chat. She claims she just got a PS4 but we recruited her 15mins into PS4. She was straight off the ship. Her trial run was a t3 def died once in 25 rounds. Seems weird to me. I think it's a guy that started over with another profile and another gender. but my leaders say I'm being paranoid. lol 

the no mic thing is common. seriously if you've ever been on games like World of Tanks or Planetside 2. you'll realize why i dont use mics there. the people are so sexist.

and died once in 25 rounds? you saying a girl can't do well? cause i could probably beat you. gender has nothing to do with how good you are

the no mic thing is common. seriously if you've ever been on games like World of Tanks or Planetside 2. you'll realize why i dont use mics there. the people are so sexist.

and died once in 25 rounds? you saying a girl can't do well? cause i could probably beat you. gender has nothing to do with how good you are

Now what I'm saying is a persons FIRST mission in war frame is a t3 def. No reup of profiles, 15mins of playtime. I personally don't think anyone can do it but I guess I'm wrong. 

Let me just take this straight from my profile page:

"My name "BecomeLikeWater" comes from a mix of the famous "Be Like Water" philosophy developed by Bruce Lee and one of my personal philosophies that simply state that you must "become" before you "be". You cannot not "be" before you "become". It is simply not that easy and in the case of my martial arts journey and the famous quote in particular, water is what I mainly focus on becoming like."

That is the simplest explanation of my combo of a name. After all, simplicity is key.