Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detroit Become Human E3 Premier Trailer

Ibro156

Not excited. David Cage games all tend to either be pure trash or so incredibly average they are somehow worse than if they were just bad. Plus, the exact same things happen in every one of his games. I can guarantee that each of these will happen:

• Shower scene with female character.
  • Underwear scene with female character.
  • Almost-rape scene with female character.
  • Magic stuff that may or may not be cut from the full game.
  • Ham-fisted, poorly written message about humanity.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2016 at 8:48 AM, PsychedelicSnake said:

Not excited. David Cage games all tend to either be pure trash or so incredibly average they are somehow worse than if they were just bad. Plus, the exact same things happen in every one of his games. I can guarantee that each of these will happen:

• Shower scene with female character.
  • Underwear scene with female character.
  • Almost-rape scene with female character.
  • Magic stuff that may or may not be cut from the full game.
  • Ham-fisted, poorly written message about humanity.

Emoooooshuns.

Totally agree about David Cage games; anything good about them happens despite him, and not because of him.

Just now, Ibro156 said:

@PsychedelicSnake @notlamprey Is he really that bad? Also, the nudity scene kinda happens during the Kara Trailer

He's far from the worst, obviously. I just think he's stuck repeating a bunch of bad ideas, trying to make games into cinematic experiences. There might be good ways of doing that, but he doesn't seem to have found any yet.

His games show a way of thinking about the world in general that is kinda... misguided, or backwards maybe? He has some views about some things that are maybe not the best.