Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want A Counter Of The Grineer Scorpion Grapples

Xievie

I want a way to counter the Scorpion's little grapple ability.

I can't think of anything really.

I mean, now I can see Scorpions and tell that they are definitely gonna grapple me.

It gets a bit annoying not being able to do anything about it.

The best counter I can think of is stopping it by pressing... X as they try to grapple you, which will actually pull them to YOU and make them unable to attack.

I dunno.

Well technically you CAN dodge them now (they started out being unavoidable, but DE changed that due to the outcry on the forums), though the real problem is that Scorpions have no unique voices or telegraph to the attack. Dozens of times I have been randomly knocked down and dragged because a Scorpion attacked from the side or back while i was dealing with a horde up front and the Scorpion never so much as made a sound. There's no way to dodge what you can't even tell is there -_-

There are two simple solutions to the Scorpion problem.

1. Add unique voices/sounds, both for idle and just before the hook launch, so we can at least tell when one's on the field and when one's about to attack. Also give them a telegraph animation, since they may as well have none right now.

2. Let players shoot while being dragged, like if a player was downed or sliding. In turn, the Scorpion can be changed to NOT release a captured player until killed and will instead drag the player to them and start a slicing-frenzy with their machetes. Though in this case there should be a 5-10 second timer where if the player still hasn't reached the scorpion the rope breaks, to prevent situations where the caught player is caught on terrain and will never reach the scorpion, nor has a line of sight to shoot them.

I want a way to counter the Scorpion's little grapple ability.

I can't think of anything really.

I mean, now I can see Scorpions and tell that they are definitely gonna grapple me.

It gets a bit annoying not being able to do anything about it.

I think they should add a Corpus SonicBlaster, a Crewman with a Sonic Cannon that would push you back and knock you down, just for our entertainment.

Anyways, avoiding her is quite easy, just jump/sidestep/roll to avoid her leash or kill her before she sees you.

If you have a Dethcube, well... Sucks to be her. *Vaporizes*

Would be nice if you could still still shoot your gun when you get knocked down... like you can when your dying... or sliding...

i was thinking the exact same thing! it would also serve the whole "slow the tenno down without taking control away" angle

also, if they add this, they need to have a consequence for not killing the scorpion before she drags you to her, like a stomp that hs the disruptor effect

in its current state though it can get a little silly when there are a whole bunch of scorpions chain grappling you, a solution for this i think is add a short count-down timer to the warframe that got grappled that prevents that warframe from being targeted by a grapple attack for a short time