Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Causing Heat Issues

SmashMeat

Question

I've been noticing an issue for the past few updates and have been looking online for a bit to try and find a solution or at least an asnwer, but have had no luck, so I'm posting this here. For the last few major updates, starting at about.... I want to say around Update 17, Warframe seems to have been causing my PC to run hot. Not dangerously so, but it does make me uncomfortable to hear it working so hard. My CPU isn't exactly cutting edge and I plan to have it replaced, but my PC seems to run most games on medium to high settings (Depending on the game) without issue. I'm currently able to run Warframe at a solid 72 fps, but after extended playtime my fps does begin to dip considerably, likely due to heat. My system specs are as follows:

Intel Pentium G2020T 2.50GHz processor 

Nvidia Geforce GT 740 with 2GB dedicated memory

8.00 GB of RAM (I'll be bumping it up to 10 soon enough)

64-bit Windows 10 operating system

These are currently my in-game settings: 

Spoiler

13441752_552991414904007_969923290_o.jpg

Spoiler

13441784_552991411570674_1054529360_o.jp

Hopefully that's enough information for someone to provide some help, thanks!

EDIT: I have no idea what's causing the stretching issue with screenshots submitted on the forums, but I can assure you my in-game resolution does NOT look like that. 

Edited by LevitatingNarwhal

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

have you ever tried cleaning your graphics card? the dust build up on it might be the cause of the over heating.

Hm no, I haven't been able to get a can of air to clean it with. I HAD one I was planning to use, but my family used it all up cleaning other things. I'll give it a try when I can though, thanks!

Just now, LevitatingNarwhal said:

Hm no, I haven't been able to get a can of air to clean it with. I HAD one I was planning to use, but my family used it all up cleaning other things. I'll give it a try when I can though, thanks!

hope it works for you...it solved my heat problems

Perhaps try checking out the rest of your fans as well, on your CPU and chassis. Make sure there's some room around the outside of your computer, so it doesn't 'recycle' hot air that its kicking out. You might need to check if you've got enough thermal paste/grease under your cpu's heatsink.