The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, rngd444 said:

It's really not that difficult. The new update (which is only on PC so far and not on consoles yet) brought the aforementioned changes to movement. So yeah, you do lose momentum in the current PC version which is not yet live for you. And no, it's not just a matter of personal preference but one of inconsistencies regarding one of many maneuvers that are meant to function together.

when is the update coming to consolesl because when I get the update my opinion might change. If you're on PC then which update are you on?

3 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

when is the update coming to consolesl because when I get the update my opinion might change. If you're on PC then which update are you on?

I don't know since they're quite busy with the other parts of U19 (they split it up into three smaller ones) but it typically takes a good while until it's ready for consoles. The first part is still called Lunaro, just like the new pvp mode it introduced. Sadly, they suddenly got rid of their ongoing version numbers, so it's Lunaro 1, 2, 3 and so on instead of U19.1, .2, .3.

10 hours ago, rngd444 said:

I don't know since they're quite busy with the other parts of U19 (they split it up into three smaller ones) but it typically takes a good while until it's ready for consoles. The first part is still called Lunaro, just like the new pvp mode it introduced. Sadly, they suddenly got rid of their ongoing version numbers, so it's Lunaro 1, 2, 3 and so on instead of U19.1, .2, .3.

wait so instead of it saying Warframe update 19/19.1/19.2. it's going to say Lunaro 1.2.3.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

wait so instead of it saying Warframe update 19/19.1/19.2. it's going to say Lunaro 1.2.3.

I'm still not sure if you're serious. You can't really be. Please scroll up, there should be this 'little' box right in front of you:

4f6cecfccc.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

yes it does, nothing has changed. double jump does not cancel momentum. do a bullet jump, slide, double jump, roll, air glide while sliding.

First, you failed to understand the simplest facts about how you didn't have the update yet at that time and now you're as convinced as one can get nothing has changed, oh well. Personally, I won't take your opinion on that matter all too serious. There're plenty of explanations in this thread and elsewhere of what exactly has changed and what is currently bugged; you should give it a try instead of posting your one-dimensional movement pattern. If you perceive no change, it means you didn't use momentum stacking to begin with and you simply lack the apprehension to notice the counterintuitive and illogical slowdowns.

2 hours ago, rngd444 said:

First, you failed to understand the simplest facts about how you didn't have the update yet at that time and now you're as convinced as one can get nothing has changed, oh well. Personally, I won't take your opinion on that matter all too serious. There're plenty of explanations in this thread and elsewhere of what exactly has changed and what is currently bugged; you should give it a try instead of posting your one-dimensional movement pattern. If you perceive no change, it means you didn't use momentum stacking to begin with and you simply lack the apprehension to notice the counterintuitive and illogical slowdowns.

No. You move fast enough. I never found any way to stack momentum

3 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

No. You move fast enough. I never found any way to stack momentum

It's not a matter of being fast enough but one of illogical inconsistencies in the current system but you do not seem to be able or simply don't want to understand that. Since you never found a way to do so, you should admit you don't know all the facts, so making absolute statements like 'nothing has changed' isn't reasonable at all.

Wow, glad I seen this thread. I thought it was just me. I feel like I am all over the place and moving so slow when I try to spam bullet jump, double jump, roll. It felt slow but I did not realize this was intended. 1 thing I did notice is that after you roll, you cannot immediately start shooting. If you roll and just as you are coming out of that roll, you hold down the fire button. Once your warframe stands up, is doesn't shoot meaning you have to re-press the fire button. I thought it was a bug after the update but this was intended?? 

14 hours ago, (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt said:

Wow, glad I seen this thread. I thought it was just me. I feel like I am all over the place and moving so slow when I try to spam bullet jump, double jump, roll. It felt slow but I did not realize this was intended. 1 thing I did notice is that after you roll, you cannot immediately start shooting. If you roll and just as you are coming out of that roll, you hold down the fire button. Once your warframe stands up, is doesn't shoot meaning you have to re-press the fire button. I thought it was a bug after the update but this was intended?? 

All the rolling issues got reported directly after Lunaro was live on PC but sadly, it didn't do anything yet. You can also use no abilities immediately after rolling but you're now able to shoot (automatic) or charge weapons during the roll if you start beforehand (they attempted to fix this one, the only advantageous aspect of those bugs we have as a 'workaround' for bows, but to no avail). You can also shoot alternate fire modes or start reloading during the roll.

There must be a lot of people who do not even realise all these problems which make the game, combined with the general movement slowdown and the thereof arisen bugs, quite clunky and counterintuitive at the moment to say the least.

22 hours ago, rngd444 said:

It's not a matter of being fast enough but one of illogical inconsistencies in the current system but you do not seem to be able or simply don't want to understand that. Since you never found a way to do so, you should admit you don't know all the facts, so making absolute statements like 'nothing has changed' isn't reasonable at all.

It's not a matter of me not understanding the facts but that everyone seems to think that double jumping stops your momentum. And since you haven't bothered to tell me how you used to momentum stack you instead try to carry on saying things like I don't want to understand the "illogical inconsistencies" when from your comments all I can understand is that double jumping APPARENTLY stops momentum and is causing dissapointment.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Kos-Mos3000 said:

Then why do you give people advice if you don't know how to use it ?

I don't understand. I'm telling people the button combo I used to get around and that double jumping doesn't stop momentum. The only way I could stack momentum was to do that combo and conveniently land on a banister and double jump which added to my momentum, which still happens now.

5 hours ago, rngd444 said:

All the rolling issues got reported directly after Lunaro was live on PC but sadly, it didn't do anything yet. You can also use no abilities immediately after rolling but you're now able to shoot (automatic) or charge weapons during the roll if you start beforehand (they attempted to fix this one, the only advantageous aspect of those bugs we have as a 'workaround' for bows, but to no avail). You can also shoot alternate fire modes or start reloading during the roll.

There must be a lot of people who do not even realise all these problems which make the game, combined with the general movement slowdown and the thereof arisen bugs, quite clunky and counterintuitive at the moment to say the least.

Again, what slowdown? I main the dread and if I charged before I roll I can still fire as soon as I stand up.

Triple post much?

1 hour ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

And since you haven't bothered to tell me how you used to momentum stack you instead try to carry on saying things like I don't want to understand the "illogical inconsistencies" when from your comments all I can understand is that double jumping APPARENTLY stops momentum and is causing dissapointment.

Tell me, how often should I tell you, so you don't have to bother to either remember or look it up yourself while being all so certain that you're right and everyone who notice it is wrong?

I don't understand. I'm telling people the button combo I used to get around and that double jumping doesn't stop momentum. The only way I could stack momentum was to do that combo and conveniently land on a banister and double jump which added to my momentum, which still happens now.

You obviously don't want to busy yourself with the details or you'd know by now that casual bullet jumping into double jumps isn't producing the issue as it's somehow handled differently by the game.

Again, what slowdown? I main the dread and if I charged before I roll I can still fire as soon as I stand up.

Now, this is hilarious and proves your lack of accurate observation. You were never able to hold a charge during a roll to begin with until Lunaro messed it up. And no, you're not able to fire as soon as you stand up as there's a brief moment where you literally can't do anything, so releasing an arrow will result in resetting the charge.

31 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

Triple post much?

Tell me, how often should I tell you, so you don't have to bother to either remember or look it up yourself while being all so certain that you're right and everyone who notice it is wrong?

You obviously don't want to busy yourself with the details or you'd know by now that casual bullet jumping into double jumps isn't producing the issue as it's somehow handled differently by the game.

Now, this is hilarious and proves your lack of accurate observation. You were never able to hold a charge during a roll to begin with until Lunaro messed it up. And no, you're not able to fire as soon as you stand up as there's a brief moment where you literally can't do anything, so releasing an arrow will result in resetting the charge.

I know you never could charge during a roll but I don't understand how it's bad that you can now, and also, those comments don't help me understand the double jump issue. They're just saying that I don't understand. What effect is that supposed to have on this argument? Unless my game is bugged you can fire as soon as you stand up and again, instead of wasting time trying to "prove" that I don't WANT to understand the issue why don't you explain where people are getting the idea that double jumping cancels momentum. Again unless my game is bugged then it doesn't. I don't get what you mean by "handled differently by the game". If double jumping isn't causing the issue, then what is? And do both of us a favor. Can you answer the question this time instead of making me facepalm with your "You obviously can't or simply don't want to understand the illogical inconvenieces and issues"?

I know you never could charge during a roll but I don't understand how it's bad that you can now, and also, those comments don't help me understand the double jump issue. They're just saying that I don't understand. What effect is that supposed to have on this argument? Unless my game is bugged you can fire as soon as you stand up and again, instead of wasting time trying to "prove" that I don't WANT to understand the issue why don't you explain where people are getting the idea that double jumping cancels momentum. Again unless my game is bugged then it doesn't. I don't get what you mean by "handled differently by the game". If double jumping isn't causing the issue, then what is? And do both of us a favor. Can you answer the question this time instead of making me facepalm with your "You obviously can't or simply don't want to understand the illogical inconvenieces and issues"?

So, your statments are vague at best, alright. I never said it's bad but it's clearly not an intended change either (as there was even a fix attempt solely for that issue).

I guess, you still didn't read the linked posts which both explain the issue in two different ways, so I ask you again, why should I repeat myself over and over again? You can 'facepalm' all you want, it's not that hard to click on a link or two. What about inconveniences? You're really mixing stuff up. Also, I don't want and have to 'prove' anything, you're making that appearance all by yourself.

People get the idea just from using said maneuvers and combos, there's not much to it. Naturally, you won't know how it was before if you didn't use it, yet you should still be able to notice the slowdown if you do a slide into a jump into a double jump since it makes no sense at all. Perhaps posting this for the nth time will help, who knows.

Edited by rngd444

18 hours ago, rngd444 said:

So, your statments are vague at best, alright. I never said it's bad but it's clearly not an intended change either (as there was even a fix attempt solely for that issue).

I guess, you still didn't read the linked posts which both explain the issue in two different ways, so I ask you again, why should I repeat myself over and over again? You can 'facepalm' all you want, it's not that hard to click on a link or two. What about inconveniences? You're really mixing stuff up. Also, I don't want and have to 'prove' anything, you're making that appearance all by yourself.

People get the idea just from using said maneuvers and combos, there's not much to it. Naturally, you won't know how it was before if you didn't use it, yet you should still be able to notice the slowdown if you do a slide into a jump into a double jump since it makes no sense at all. Perhaps posting this for the nth time will help, who knows.

Just watched it and that doesn't happen with me. I'll try to show it in my next warframe video on my youtube channel since I haven't made one after the Lunaro update. And I'm talking about proof because you said that the roll issue is proof of my lack of accurate observation. Also I checked in a mission and it turns out that shooting before you stand up does reset your charged shot. I guess I never came across a scenario where I had to fire that quicky. Here's my idea, We shouldn't be able to shoot in the part of the roll where your face is in the ground but as you're getting up. We are ninjas, we should be able to do that.

Just watched it and that doesn't happen with me. I'll try to show it in my next warframe video on my youtube channel since I haven't made one after the Lunaro update. And I'm talking about proof because you said that the roll issue is proof of my lack of accurate observation. Also I checked in a mission and it turns out that shooting before you stand up does reset your charged shot. I guess I never came across a scenario where I had to fire that quicky. Here's my idea, We shouldn't be able to shoot in the part of the roll where your face is in the ground but as you're getting up. We are ninjas, we should be able to do that.

The effect is further amplified and better visible with Nezha due to his passive and with slide mods. But even without them, it still happens. Glad you see what I meant with the cancelled charge now. It'll most likely just be reverted once they fully realise the issue, so we won't be able to hold the charge during the roll anymore but instead to start charging immediately afterwards again.

41 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

The effect is further amplified and better visible with Nezha due to his passive and with slide mods. But even without them, it still happens. Glad you see what I meant with the cancelled charge now. It'll most likely just be reverted once they fully realise the issue, so we won't be able to hold the charge during the roll anymore but instead to start charging immediately afterwards again.

I tried another mission and there is no issue with the double jump but I want to point out that when I was downloading the update I encountered an issue a few times where it said that it can't get the whole update and I have to try again. I did but I had to restart my xbox to do so. It's possible that the update didn't come through fully so let's not rule it out. But if that's true then hey, lucky me!

I tried another mission and there is no issue with the double jump but I want to point out that when I was downloading the update I encountered an issue a few times where it said that it can't get the whole update and I have to try again. I did but I had to restart my xbox to do so. It's possible that the update didn't come through fully so let's not rule it out. But if that's true then hey, lucky me!

I'm not familiar with the XBox version of Warframe but I'd say it's highly unlikely you could even log in or let alone start the game with an incomplete installation. There were already two other console players (on PS4, though) in here earlier, stating their experience of slower movement, which pretty much confirmed my assumption that the current state of movement seen on PC was just transferred to consoles one-to-one.

5 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

I'm not familiar with the XBox version of Warframe but I'd say it's highly unlikely you could even log in or let alone start the game with an incomplete installation. There were already two other console players (on PS4, though) in here earlier, stating their experience of slower movement, which pretty much confirmed my assumption that the current state of movement seen on PC was just transferred to consoles one-to-one.

Well I don't know then, I tested again and again. Doing rolls in the air before the double jump and jumping off of walls and recieved no change in momentum.

2 hours ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

Well I don't know then, I tested again and again. Doing rolls in the air before the double jump and jumping off of walls and recieved no change in momentum.

The second combo in the .webm I posted specifically shows that rolling before the double jump does not let the slowdown occur while the first combo (without any rolls) indeed does so. What about wall jumps? As far as I'm concerned, there's no momentum involved doing them.