Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[ANSWERED]Warframe powers not dealing any damage to Void Capture Nullifier Targets

NativeKiller

Question

I heard that this might be a bug from someone, but just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, Void Capture Nullifier targets seem to be invulnerable to Warframe attack powers such as Exalted Blade or Hysteria claws...

even after their Nullifying Bubbles are GONE.

Yeah, I know most(if not practically all) "CC powers are useless against" such "Capture targets" but still...

Shouldn't "pure attack powers" work against the targets when the Nullifying Bubbles are "gone"?

Enlighten me if you please! (I really do want to know what's behind all this mystery)

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

15 answers to this question

@Wopel

I heard it was a bug but I am "not sure" whether my informant is right or wrong.

Also, I am "not sure" whether this bug is happening to everyone or just a select few.

Furthermore, I am "not sure" whether DE and other players are well aware of this.

Also, I am "not sure" whether if there is a way to prevent/solve this "bug".

So, yeah. I think I did make this post for somewhat legitimate reasons.

P.S // Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, :D

I mean, I am new to the forums after all. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

Step one, try it yourself. If it is able to be reproduced on your end...

Step two, submit bug report to DE.

At least that is what I would do if I were legitimately concerned after doing a search on the subject in the forums and not finding anything.

5 minutes ago, Wopel said:

Step one, try it yourself. If it is able to be reproduced on your end...

Step two, submit bug report to DE.

At least that is what I would do if I were legitimately concerned after doing a search on the subject in the forums and not finding anything.

Yes, I have 500 hours on Warframe, and this bug always seemed to happen for me.

So I tested it out a few times and and it pretty much seems to happen all the time at least for me.

Yes, I am willing to submit bug reports to DE, but I wanted to ask, if anyone knew whether this is an intended mechanic or if DE is already planning to fix this "bug".

Furthermore, I wanted to know if this issue is game-mechanic related or ping-related or etc.

I just thought I'd ask more experienced and knowledgeable players before jumping to conclusions.

P.S // Is this post that bad or offensive?

I just wanted to ask a question, that's all.

Edited by NativeKiller

6 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

Yes, I have 500 hours on Warframe, and this bug always seemed to happen for me.

So I tested it out and and it pretty much seems to happen all the time.

Yes, I am willing to submit bug reports to DE, but I wanted to ask, whether if this is an intended mechanic or if DE is already planning to fix this "bug".

Is this post that bad?

I just wanted to ask a question and all.

Well back to, how are we the players going to be able to tell you if it is intended (something only DE can answer)?

It isn't a bad post, just the wrong place for it. Just like the bunch of "tell me how much this is worth" posts we get in players helping players, when they should be in the trading forum. If you want to know if it is intended, submit a report and you will get your answer from the people that know as opposed to guesses from the player population. ;)

Edited by Wopel

Just now, Wopel said:

Well back to, how are we the players going to be able to tell you if it is intended (something only DE can answer)?

It isn't a bad post, just the wrong place for it. Just like the bunch of "tell me how much this is worth" posts we get in players helping players, when they should be in the trading forum. If you want to know if it is intended, submit a report and you will get your answer from the people that know as opposed to guesses from the player population.

Yeah, you seem to have a point.

Still, I also wanted to ask other players, if they were experiencing this issue as well.

I also wanted to know if anyone stumbled upon a possible way to solve or prevent it as well.

P.S// Also maybe it's just me, but D.E doesn't seem to always respond so fast to bug reports or queries.

So I just thought I'd ask a simple question, didn't know that this would be a wrong place to do it.

Sorry, if I found the wrong place to post. 

I've never worked in a video game technical support position, but I have done tech support for a very large company. I can only imagine the kind of junk they need to slog through with the F2P player base, given the type of posts we see in the forums proper. Sadly legitimate issues are probably buried within the piles of non-issues (things like game not working due to computer software/hardware issues), which in turn leads to long response times.

People will complain about long response times, yet not put forth any effort into figuring out what is actually occurring with their issue before tossing a support ticket in to the queue. Made worse by it often not being a problem on DE's end but DE probably trying to give it a "best effort" try to resolve. Add in things like having to go through Microsoft or Sony's systems for console (MS live could be having issues), and you have yet another layer of problems DE can't  anything about but that doesn't mean the majority of impacted players didn't possibly send a ticket in and that ticket has to be looked at and resolved. It is just a nasty cycle that progressively gets worse the more popular the game becomes.

1 hour ago, Wopel said:

I've never worked in a video game technical support position, but I have done tech support for a very large company. I can only imagine the kind of junk they need to slog through with the F2P player base, given the type of posts we see in the forums proper. Sadly legitimate issues are probably buried within the piles of non-issues (things like game not working due to computer software/hardware issues), which in turn leads to long response times.

People will complain about long response times, yet not put forth any effort into figuring out what is actually occurring with their issue before tossing a support ticket in to the queue. Made worse by it often not being a problem on DE's end but DE probably trying to give it a "best effort" try to resolve. Add in things like having to go through Microsoft or Sony's systems for console (MS live could be having issues), and you have yet another layer of problems DE can't  anything about but that doesn't mean the majority of impacted players didn't possibly send a ticket in and that ticket has to be looked at and resolved. It is just a nasty cycle that progressively gets worse the more popular the game becomes.

Dang it, Wopel!  You just became my HERO with this post.  I too work in IT/Tech Support.  I completely understand your post on a level that most reading it just will not see.  

7 hours ago, (PS4)Agent-P2468 said:

That's the point of a nullifier, to nullify your abilities and that's why you get good weapons by your side. 

No Tenno should neglect their weapons.

I don't neglect my weapons.

I love my 5~7 forma'd weapons.

It's just that I wanted to know why a nullifier should be able to nullify my powers even when their nullifying bubbles are gone.

NOT C.C powers that bosses or capture targets are often immune to but even pure damage dealing powers.

Edited by NativeKiller

9 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

I don't neglect my weapons.

I love my 5~7 forma'd weapons.

It's just that I wanted to know why a nullifier should be able to nullify my powers even when their nullifying bubbles are gone.

Not even CC powers that bosses or capture targets are often immune to but pure damage dealing powers.

It's because its a capture target, they are immune to most abilities, EX: Ashes Teleport.