Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need some help with trading

Andysowhat

Question

5 answers to this question

Many people can help here on the forums too. I'd be more than happy to help on Steam or Skype, I just can't at the moment, but I can try my best here.

What was it you needed help with specifically? c:

Well, I played this game back in 2013 and 2014. But the game has gone over some real changes, but I would really love to understand how to trade these days, since I have gold mods and some plat I would like to spend.

Would really love to make a trinity prime build or something. Since I always played trinity back in the days :)

33 minutes ago, Andysowhat said:

Well, I played this game back in 2013 and 2014. But the game has gone over some real changes, but I would really love to understand how to trade these days, since I have gold mods and some plat I would like to spend.

Would really love to make a trinity prime build or something. Since I always played trinity back in the days :)

What do you mean by "how to trade" exactly? Which mods do you have?

First tip: When selling something, don't ask the buyers to tell you the price they are willing to pay - they'll always offer less than you want (unless you are underestimating the value of your item)
Second tip: When buying, don't ask for offers from the sellers - they'll always ask more than you thought you'd need to pay. (Again, unless you are overestimating it's value)

Instead, simply announce your desired price: "WTS (or WTB) so-and-so for X plat". Either someone wants to pay what you want, or your offer is too low. I've sold Wyrm Prime for 160 plat this way (Usually people are asking 150 for it, and I've seen some people selling it for 75 plats) and I've bought Rhino Prime for 250 plats simply by saying "WTB Rhino set 250pl". I tried first the usual methods of not giving any set price - people tried to offer anywhere from 50 to 125 pl for the wyrm, and I tried to buy the rhino in a likewise manner - and I got offers from 300 to 450 pl for the set. This also saves you time from haggling most of the time, since you mostly get answers that are willing to deal with your price.
(Whether or not I could have gained/paid less for those is irrelevant - those were the prices I was willing to sell&buy at, and none of the offers came even close before I switched tactics. I assume that by spending more time on finding a better seller/buyer, I could have gained more/paid less.)

Third tip: ALWAYS check what you are about to receive BEFORE YOU CONFIRM THE TRADE. I think it was an honest mistake on the other players part, but I was once offered a wrong (although similar) prime part in trade instead of the part I wanted. Obviously, the seller corrected the mistake when I pointed it out.

Fourth: NO PROMISES. If you are receiving more than 5 items at a time, make each trade roughly equal in value. Say, if you are buying 2 prime sets consisting of 4 parts, trade them one set at a time for a price you deem fine for the said set - giving the whole amount of plat while receiving only 1 set (or one set and part of the other) means that if the other player decides to scam you and doesn't trade you the rest of the items, you're at their mercy.

General tips: You aren't in a hurry. You can wait for the right buyer to pay the right price, instead of selling cheaper/paying more for the first offer that comes along.

Check the warframe market for prices, and listen for the trade chat to find out what people are usually asking or offering. Keep in mind that the prices are not set, and the value of an item depends largely on how much the other guy needs it/needs the platinum/how many of those items they have extra.