Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Desecrate

DEATHLOK

Question

Just started with this frame yesterday. I need advice from people with some experience.

Am I supposed to activate Desecrate as often as possible during busy missions, such as Defense, Survival, and Interception? Right now, I'm pretty much shooting when I can, and trying to use Desecrate as often as I can—and hopefully not too exposed when I do so. It's a big change from how I've always played the game in the past, so I've no idea if this is normal play for Nekros.

There's no way to influence what gets dropped. All you can do is cast as large a net as possible; more drops=better odds over time. Is this correct? You focus on range if Desecrate is going to be your primary function?

There must be times when Desecrate isn't as practical, right? He does have three other powers, after all. What other builds and roles work well?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Yeah thats right :D range is the best thing for your Desecrate, (and efficiency of course but it is not as important as range)

Nekros unleashes his full potential in survival missions, because his desecrates increases the amount of those life support packs which an be dropped by enemies. The same works with the power carriers in Excavation Missions :)
However he is not as usefull in a defense or interception, due to other objectives (mostly defending a point and killing all threatening enemies) and thus other frames and their abilities are more helpful or useful in achieving said objective.
(Edit: If you still want to play him in a Defense I recommend playing together with a Hydroid and his 4)

In terms of another build: Try playing him with a duration/strength mix/build. They both affect his 2 (Terrify) and his 4 (Shadows of the Dead).
He is like an one-man-army with said build which make him an effective choice against hordes of enemies.

I guess how duration works is clear, but strength affects those abilities in a certain way -

2 - Terrify:
The more strength you have, the more enemies are affected by fear and the armor reduction.

4 - Shadow of the Dead:
Strength increases the number of shadow copies you can create/summon. In addition to that it also positively affects their damage and health (the more strength, the better)

I hope I could help you with your questions :D If not, feel free to PM me at any time ~ a Nekros player

Edited by Cissney5
Added a few things I forgot

Another good tanky build for nekros is to use the Despoil Augment with the Health Conversion mod (from Cephalon Simaris). It's really good.

I really like the Shadows of the Dead augment too, but I find having 15 shades all around you get in the way of shooting enemies often.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent-P2468 said:

Range (To get as many bodies as possible)

Efficiency (May need numerous tries to desicrate a body and this maximises the amount of attempts that you have)

Max energy (Same reason as efficiency but could be an either or)

Efficiency not needed, just get Despoil + Equilibrium and u will be always plenty of health and energy as well

Just now, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Efficiency not needed, just get Despoil + Equilibrium and u will be always plenty of health and energy as well

Rage also works as Nekros has a small amount of shield meaning that health is lost most of the time and could also be useful against infested opponents or toxin users in general.