Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harmony - Skill-Based Rewards For High Level Frames

notionphil

i like the idea but i think faster crafting time need lower value. maybe upto 25% like others you have written down. crafting 100% faster is just insanely fast. that means you can craft 2 forma a day. 

other than that definitely agree with loot increase and adding rare loots.

there are times that you are farming bosses and you just cant seem to get that one bp or "rare quality resources."

btw just curious, is there a specific reason you chose Harmony over say, Adaptation, In tune, or something along that line? the description seem more like you get accustomed to your load out.

i like the idea but i think faster crafting time need lower value. maybe upto 25% like others you have written down. crafting 100% faster is just insanely fast. that means you can craft 2 forma a day. 

other than that definitely agree with loot increase and adding rare loots.

there are times that you are farming bosses and you just cant seem to get that one bp or "rare quality resources."

btw just curious, is there a specific reason you chose Harmony over say, Adaptation, In tune, or something along that line? the description seem more like you get accustomed to your load out.

I think the crafting time rates etc would need tweaking. 100% may be too high, but then again it's not easy to maintain that highest lv of Harmony. So you'd prob only get 100% for a few hrs after you log out, then down to 50% then 25% etc.

I chose Harmony because I believe it fits in with the Eastern philosophical tone of the Tenno. It represents the balance (and contrast) of a dispassionate killer methodically creating a massacre, without emotion or faltering. 

I think the crafting time rates etc would need tweaking. 100% may be too high, but then again it's not easy to maintain that highest lv of Harmony. So you'd prob only get 100% for a few hrs after you log out, then down to 50% then 25% etc.

I chose Harmony because I believe it fits in with the Eastern philosophical tone of the Tenno. It represents the balance (and contrast) of a dispassionate killer methodically creating a massacre, without emotion or faltering. 

ah so you mean the bonus applies to crafting only for that time frame? I thought of it as x% crafting speed to any crafting you start at this point and it would instantly shave off the time required. 

ah so you mean the bonus applies to crafting only for that time frame? I thought of it as x% crafting speed to any crafting you start at this point and it would instantly shave off the time required. 

Correct - its a bonus applied to crafting RATE. So you're crafting 2x as fast during that boost of high Harmony. If you wanted to craft 2x Forma a day, you'd prob have to play all day :P

Those durations aren't worked out yet.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic needs more attention from DE and the community.  There are a lot of good ideas in this concpet of Harmony.  It's a Space Ninja game after all :) .  Someone has also proposed more "harmonic-team oriented" affinity bonus like Kill assists..

I'll post soon some of my ideas.  One can have a good synergy with Harmony and concerns random Secondary Team Challenges.  I was thinking about XP/mod/comp. cumulative rewards for each team challenge completed, but Affinity bonus could also act as reward in that case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been championing things like kill streaks and headshots and other skill based markers for ages. Tied with your suggestion for a harmony system, this gives them more meaning.

These things would engage people more with gameplay.

This would be great, sort of like a combo system rewarding smooth actions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Me like this threat......

Cool idea. I would give it a try. Reminds me of the airsoft newbees that think they are good with a airsoft gun and can´t even handle the basic maneuvers with it.

Then you see a paintballer/ airsoft veteran with an airsoft / pb marker and they both match from that how they both beeing used to play.... thats sync, thats harmony.

Then it's just higher rewards for grinding that you are asking for in this.

Just because players sometimes play with skill, doesn't mean they are rewarded for doing so. They also do the opposite on a regular basis - mindlessly farm, speedrun, press 4 to win over and over.

Harmony is about rewarding skillful play, not rewarding grind. The game already rewards grind/speedruns via more chance at drops.

Harmony is also intended to give you a reason to feel good about pulling out your 5x forma'd supra, instead of leveling yet another unranked gun that you don't want to use.

Both options should be rewarded, leveling new gear, or perfecting your play with old, loved gear. That's what Harmony is for.

Some of these might become 'farming' behaviours such as the "mark an enemy with a WP that is killed by a squad member within X seconds" feature. It should be made certain that keeping harmony up doesn't make players feel like they should use any tedious farming behaviours to keep harmony up.

As an idea, this is good. +1

Some of these might become 'farming' behaviours such as the "mark an enemy with a WP that is killed by a squad member within X seconds" feature. It should be made certain that keeping harmony up doesn't make players feel like they should use any tedious farming behaviours to keep harmony up.

As an idea, this is good. +1

Agreed. The goal would be to have enough variety in rewarding options that one doesn't have to feel forced to 'game' the system.