Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add the possibility to switch between 3rd and first person

DeftGrinders

I encountered a glitch yesterday and had a blast. I thought I was playign first person because of a glitch until I realized my character was just invisble. The thing is, I could totally see the game as a FPS and was super fun.

I like to see my character move around and everything, but there is just something that makes the immersion better from the first person perspective especially when it comes to jump, flip, roll slide and cut people in pieces.

I really hope that we will eventually have the option to switch between 3rd and first person at anytime. At the top of that, I've encountered multiple problems in 3rd where my character was blocking the camera and stuff. The first person perspective would clearly get rid of those problems.

More importantly, the first person perspective would actually make this game viable for PvP and it would be wise to consider it for the future of the franchise.

Since when the FPS genre doesn't deserve finally a decent game with sci-fi ninja, proper swordplay and guns?

What would it change in your life?

If you prefer 3rd, stick to it.

Plus, to give the option to play in first person makes the targeted audience larger. It's a freaking no brainer, especially on PC where more options are always welcome.

Edited by DeftGrinders

Oh well.

First person would require rebuilding models, animations, viewpoints, camera angles and soak up a lot of resources. It's not as simple as it may seem to you. Considering that Warframe is concepted as a third person shooter, which the controls and camera motion clearly show, I would have them much rather concentrate on content than divert energy into something like this. That is a no-brainer. And since PvP is no concern, as in, not part of the development roadmap, it does not fuel an argument in favor of first person view.

Also, this has been discussed before. Take a look around.

Well, since I've worked 6 shooter games so far... it's probably as simple as I think it is and depending of how they can pull that off, it's not that much work considering a lot of other things. To make this game both 3rd person and first person is a really smart business strategy.

That's what Skyrim and Firefall are doing also.

Edited by DeftGrinders

You know why darkSector came out so weirdly? Because people came over to Digital Extremes and said: "It's a no-brainer! If you do this, it's a smart business strategy. No, we don't care what your vision is. You put this in there or you will fail. And by fail, I mean, we cut your funding. Now, make this a Cold War shooter." You are talking the same language.

PS: Why did none of the six shooters you worked on become a decent game with sci-fi ninja, proper swordplay and guns?

PPS: What does "worked on" mean and what where those six shooters? Legitimate, honest question.

You know why darkSector came out so weirdly? Because people came over to Digital Extremes and said: "It's a no-brainer! If you do this, it's a smart business strategy. No, we don't care what your vision is. You put this in there or you will fail. And by fail, I mean, we cut your funding. Now, make this a Cold War shooter." You are talking the same language.

PS: Why did none of the six shooters you worked on become a decent game with sci-fi ninja, proper swordplay and guns?

PPS: What does "worked on" mean and what where those six shooters? Legitimate, honest question.

That is totally different. I'm not asking Digital Extremes to remake the game. I'm stating that the game is nearly completed, it's fantastic, players can even switch side (flip the camera), a feature often forgotten in many 3rd person shooter games, but that it could be worth spending some time to add a first person perspective, because it's fairly cheap to do, since the biggest part of the game is already done, which is the rest. That means that with one game, they could appeal to 2 different crowds for nearly the same budget. That's huge and it wouldn't work for every game, however it would work very well for this game.

Still, they don't have to do this to make money. They just could get a lot more, that's all.

And what those six shooters I worked on have anything to do with swordplay and guns? Well, you wrote that maybe I wasn't conscious of the work required to add a first person perspective and told you that actually... I'm well aware of it. That's all.

What worked on means? Well, worked on. I've made game levels, game design, worked closely with 3D animators, 3D modelers, programmers and also helped to develop some internal tools.

- 1x hunting game on mobile

- 2x FPS games on iPhone & iPad

- 1x GTA-like game on iPhone & iPad

- 1x multiplayer only FPS game for PS3-PSN

- Worked on a lot of cancelled games during the last 5 years as well such as 2.5D puzzle games, sci-fi FPS/RTS, etc. Doesn't matter.

- 1x stealth action FPS/AAA game for current gen console and PC

- And currently working on my own stuff, because most big studios don't understand much about video games and what really sells, except few studios including Digital Extremes, Rocksteady Studios, etc.

Now, what exactly are the titles of those games and who I am really is none of your business. I'm just DeftGrinders, founder of the Legendary Bounty Hunters ninja clan giving feedback and that's all.

Edited by DeftGrinders