Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance

coolambo

Question

hi. ive just started to play warframe again. if i play with the auto settings, the fps switches between 60 and 30 (no 40, 43 etc). also i can notice a stuttering while running. ive turned off the full screen mode and instead use a tool for borderless gaming. this way it works fine and my fps is where it should be at highest settings (50-60). but how come i cant play it in fullscrean mode where performance is supposed to be better?

i5-2500k @ 3,3 Ghz (native)

HIS Radeon HD 5770, 1GB DDR5

8 GB 1333 DDR3-SDRAM

windows 7 pro 64bit

6 answers to this question

hi. no vsync was off...ah wait...it was on automatic. mayb that caused issues. btw how can i find out what all the HUD symbols mean? coz every warframe etc might hve different symbols poping up next to the armor/hp bars. also i didnt get any notifications about replies to my post. is there an option i can tick?

Edited by coolambo

9 hours ago, coolambo said:

hi. no vsync was off...ah wait...it was on automatic. mayb that caused issues. btw how can i find out what all the HUD symbols mean? coz every warframe etc might hve different symbols poping up next to the armor/hp bars. also i didnt get any notifications about replies to my post. is there an option i can tick?

If someone quotes you like i have, i think by default you get a notification.

If V-sync was the issue, i think both AMD and Nvidia have driver solutions that dynamically adjusts V-sync as you play. So if you drop below 60, it will turn it off, but when you hit 60 it will engage again automatically. I don't know the process for an AMD card however (been a while since i used an AMD card).

As for the info on the hud, perhaps give this a read:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Heads-Up_Display

There are also temporary buffs/debuffs with a timer that appear by your health bar, these are dependant on what sort of buff/debuff you have.

hi. well, u hvnt quoted me in ur 1st reply. thats why i didnt get one xP
well the thing was that these info texts disappeared way too fast. id suggest to add an option to permanently see those descriptions in order to get used to them, especially the buffs u get from allies.