Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Missing The Reason "bounce" Costs 50 Energy?

Stinker

I thought it would be a cheap skill like Super Jump, instead I find out it's a whopping 50 to use. That's a lot of energy for a slow to use super jump. Is it really worth that much to bounce an ancient? Do enemies take fall/impact damage? Can I put them in a low hanging corridor and splatter enemies against the ceiling?

Why does this cost 50 energy?

Before it was fixed: Totally worth it.

After: Slightly interesting toy.

I mean, it can't even get you across the medium to large gaps at certain extractions anymore...

Edited by LoQui

In my honest opinion Bounce is superior to Super Jump in terms of one thing: Versatility.

You can 'aim' Bounce by latching it on surfaces that are angled to were you wanna go.
A.) The typical boost up to a ledge or platform you can't jump to normally.
B.) Latch it on an angled edge and you can boost yourself/ally over to further horizontally (as opposed to vertically with Super Jump)
C.) Since bounce triggers whenever something touches the inside of its circle, latch it on the the edge of a crate walk through it and you can boost yourself forward.

D.) Offensively, it denies enemies proper positioning, i.e, behind crates, obstacles where they take cover (Grineer and Corpus) as well as 'slow down' their advances especially against Infested. It also does a good amount of damage but not better than Tesla.

A Maxed Bounce mod has 4 charges for 50 energy. Four boosts, four moments to catch AI off position/knocked down. Positioned properly it can help out you and your team in a variety of ways.

Where I see it shine though is gun play. Bounce can get into advantageous positions in a fire fight vs. Grineer and Corpus and if things get a little too hot, get you out of there to regenerate shields and find another spot to attack or snipe from. I think that's well worth 50 energy.

Except that isn't how it works at all...

Banshee has 2 abilities that cost 100, and Excalibur's third costs 10.

I was going to say something about a few exceptions, but then it turns out Ash (admittedly one of the few frames I haven't played) has an ability that costs 35. Consider me wrong as hell.

'Because people would spam the ability' is not a valid reason for making a lackluster ability even more lackluster.  Fix the real problem with a real solution - give the fricking thing a cooldown.  Is it that hard to make ability cooldowns?

'Because people would spam the ability' is not a valid reason for making a lackluster ability even more lackluster.  Fix the real problem with a real solution - give the fricking thing a cooldown.  Is it that hard to make ability cooldowns?

Cooldowns are not hard to implement at all. It's a really easy thing actually, but that doesn't matter.

As far as I know cooldowns are not implemented because your energy is not something you can just ignore, unless you have a trinity in your team or you're doing a defense mission (even there you need to be careful which abilities are most efficient).

50 energy for this ability just does not seem worth the effect. Especially when considering the incredible other skills he has.