Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Is That A Stalker? Nope.

Meenmu

Not totally sure if this is where this should go. If not, someone can move this to general bugs I suppose.

I noticed that as of recently lighting has been flickering. It doesn't seem to be the lights so much (as it is when the stalker is approaching), but rather the lighting itself. It is still a bit confusing, and has me constantly on edge. In game, I have confirmed that at least one other person has noticed this happening recently. Is the flickering lighting due to a recent change? Has anyone else encountered this?

infested maps lighting always flicker due to its organic substance invading the entire station, so it causes electrical disruption, that leads to the light flickering all the time.

While that actually makes sense, I've noticed it happening in most missions regardless of faction. Although, now that I think about it, it doesn't happen outside. It is also more noticeable in dark areas.

well, you could say that those places have damaged lightings and needed to have its light bulbs replaces or wires fixed lol.

i think some places are dark for a reason, as light will not be able to shine everywhere. there will always be shadows and dark areas. this allows us tennos to camouflage ourselves for a brief moment in the darkness to prevent the enemies from seeing us, even if its for a second or two. some places are probably dark cuz they probably forgot to turn on the lights lol hahaha

well, you could say that those places have damaged lightings and needed to have its light bulbs replaces or wires fixed lol.

i think some places are dark for a reason, as light will not be able to shine everywhere. there will always be shadows and dark areas. this allows us tennos to camouflage ourselves for a brief moment in the darkness to prevent the enemies from seeing us, even if its for a second or two. some places are probably dark cuz they probably forgot to turn on the lights lol hahaha

Now that would be an interesting feature for when they decide to make stealth actually viable. Unreliable lighting that allows you to sneak up on enemies. Thing is, the flickering, as it is now, has no effect on enemy sight, and it is only miliseconds long.

flickering lights always mind F**** me sideways.....specially when i solo and trying to level my new weap or new frame....i immediately pause the game and wish that i can chat with my clan for help while the game is paused...but then again....flickering lights only.....so yeah i think DE wants us to sh!t bricks sometime lol

I'll confirm this on all enemy type maps recently.  Also, I've had a few total lights out episodes during a couple boss fights and an endless defense mission.  The screen just seems to go about 60% darker in contrast. I tried to equate this originally to the Boss cutscene, but then dismissed that after it happened in other maps.  The squad all confirmed each time that it wasnt just a host or individual problem; it happened at the same time and didnt change for the duration for the whole squad.