Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do stances have Polaritys?

trieuazn0

This has always bothered me ever since Melee 2.0 came out, although the Dark split sword was what made me start thinking.

how come the Stances have Polaritys? the problem i have with them is that they kinda force the player to stick with one stance without ever giving the other stance a chance.

like, lets say right now, the Nikana has 3 different stance each of which are the Madurai Polarity (V), while there can be a discussion about which stance is better then the other, having them always Available means the player can switch stances whenever they want. If tommorow they were to add a new Nikana stance, but was Naramon (-) players would then have to choose between Using the current 3 stance, or adding Forma to be able to fit the New Naramon Stance into their build

Right now the Split dark sword has a Zenruki (=) Polarity right off the bat which is fine for me since i enjoy using the swirling tiger stance, but for those who want to become a Living Bayblade, will have to go into the effort of adding more Forma then other people, just so they can use the other stance and make their own Build.

I don't know if im explaining this properly although i do hope i get the message across that it kinda Mentally limits the player to how they build their Melee weapons without having to add more Forma.

how would i suggest fix this? just make all the stances the same Polarity or somthing

I have no idea if there were any initial thoughts considering stances' polarities, however currently they play role of "manageable disadvantages" for some weapon. One of good examples would be Scindo Prime - while being a pretty decent weapon itself, it comes with a polarity suited for an awful stance, which you pretty much have to forma.

Of course this isn't consistent on a wide scale, however it might be a good base for future weapons and stances tweaking. I favor such little chores.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

because melee weapons rarely need forma otherwise.

That is ancient history. If I want to use now all the high mods (Blood Rush, P Pressure Point, P Reach) and I absolutely do, I need as much as 4 polarities on a melee weapon.

42 minutes ago, Heliopata said:

I don't understand why they even function like auras, although the extra capacity is nice.

You would prefer the stance mod to come with no popularity?

id say yes tbh, id rather forma to fit in proper builds then to forma becasue the the stance i feel like using dose not fit there anymore.

as in, the Daggers only have two different stances, and they both are under different polarity, if i wanted to use both stances from time to time, i would have to make the stance prolarity Neutral first, then add possible 2 more formas so i can fit the rest of the mods into the build

All stances and stance slots should have the same polarity for each weapon type to encourage playing with different stances. As it stands , for certain weapon types you are pigeon-holed into choosing which stance you want to use permanently for that weapon. And if I want to switch stances to play around and have fun, idk have to put about 6+ forma on those weapons to give me the capability to switch stances and still fit the mods on that I want. The argument about auras is moot as the most useful auras right now all have dash polarities (CP, ES, and enemy radar). Topic for another thread, but I do wish polarities dis not exist and forma-ing a slot just meant the mod equipped in that slot has their drain cut in half. That would keep me from having to over forma to maximize different builds.

I'd have to say that the Polarity being different like this for each weapon is one of the bigger flaws of the stance system. It wouldn't be that bad if, say, there were more than 2-3 stances for one type of weapon, and the stances of a particular catagory had a theme. Like the side triangle had defense in mind, ---- was utility focus and the V mods were attack based. Though I'd still prefer it to be one polaritiy type for each weapon type.