Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best way to mod & play Equinox?

Lt_Scout

Question

Hey all, just wondering how to make this warframe work in the mid-late game. Haven't had much success with my own builds and playstyle (frequent use of powers, less reliance on weapons), so I'd like to hear some other thoughts. Cheers!

2 answers to this question

While I've mained Equinox for quite sometime, I have to say her lack of fluidity between Forms (i.e., changing form is relatively clunky due to the fact abilities deactivate) severely limits an adaptable, dynamic playstyle that one would thing would be her strength. With that in mind, there are two major ways to play her:

• Main Day Form, Auxiliary Night. For mid-late game, High range, high efficiency, natural talent. You'll focuse mainly on one power only: Maim. pack yourself a powerful weapon, a killer squad, and get to the killing. Shall the enemy start to suffocate you, or shall health run low, quickly change to Night Form for some Rest Spam and Heal with Mend. An effective playstyle, though rather dull to my taste. Also, requires teammates, in particularly a Trin.
  • Peaceful Pacify. This playstyle revolves almost exclusively around Night Form's Pacify, with the Peaceful Provocation Augment. High power strength, high Range, high efficiency. You'll effectively be a walking, permanent slowva--- well, permanent for as long as a Nullifier doesn't one-shot you. And believe in me, it will happen.

These are the main playstyles that I've seen and tried. There are several other, of course, and variations of those two. For example, with the right set-up, you can go as a Day form Team buffer, sporting (very-- between 200% and max 250%) high power strength, range, Peaceful Provocation, and a somewhat coordinated squad. Augmented Provoke can grant up to +80% power strength to all allies in range, and that be very useful for your teammates. Interestingly, you can serve as a buffer to buffers, in particular Roar Rhino and Sonar Banshee. Alternatively, if you feel like fooling around, get yourself maximized power duration, loads of power strength, duality augment, and have fun watching your clone wrecking avock. You can also use the first build I presented and main Night Form, spamming Rest everywhere.

So that's pretty much it. there are some other builds and playstyles, but they are mostly variations (melee goes great with Peaceful Pacify) of those already presented. Overall, it's a shame abilities deactivate on metamorphosis. Should they change to the other version, a faster, more dynamic playstyle could arrise, and she could finally be a Jack of All trades instead of Jack of two trades depending on the day.