Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag stuff

RunOfTheMill

Question

Hey guys, I was wondering how Mag worked, or at least a good play style. I looked on YouTube, but frame reviews never really go in depth. I wanna know how to use Mag, as in I'm building one right now. I also would like your help to be up-to-date, just keep the Mag reworks in mind while writing your answer, and thank you guys, I'm quite new and the Warframe community has been so welcoming and nice to me, have a good day!

3 answers to this question

Magnetize the tough enemies, Magnetize the enemies walking through choke points, Magnetize the point man in a group of enemies, Pull enemies into Magnetize bubbles, and Polarize everything.

Also: don't stop dumping damage into the bubbles. It adds up.

As for building Mag, here's my normal setup:

Spoiler

6W5CRq9.jpg

Lots of duration is the main thing. Most of the time, you don't need a ton of range - though to be fair, I've got Arcane Coil on. I also prioritize survivability more than most. Rush is the utility slot in this setup, and gets swapped out for whatever a given mission calls for.

Mag's gameplay really revolves around pressing 2 and 3. Most of the time, 1 and 4 are ignored.

Edited by pauli133

The main thing to decide on is range IMO. Magnetize is a powerful damage boost but stops allies from firing into the area effectively, and yet also stops enemies from firing out. It's a bit of a double edged sword. I like using her with reduced range so I'm mostly just bubbling specific problem enemies (I call it my STFU button). Some like to make it MASSIVE and stand back shooting into it multiple overlapping bubbles cranking up DoT's and letting them asplode.

Polarize has unusual mechanics where range gives you the initial radius of how far away the wave starts and then duration gives you distance the wave travels (duration = time spent traveling at a constant speed, spend more time traveling at the same speed and you go farther.) but I wouldn't worry about that. The base speed/duration is 7.5m/sec x 5sec, for 37.5m + whatever your initial range is. That's really quite big. You can run reduced range or duration and still hit a good size area, though you may want extreme distance if you're making magnetize bubbles really big...

I haven't played her a lot since the rework so I'll let other suggest specific builds. I think it would be interesting to make a melee Mag though. Huge bubbles with low power strength, medium duration and high efficiency, Mostly there just so nothing could hit you with ranged attacks while you run around hacking things to bits. o.o

There is nothing special to her actually.

Pull is los influenced CC. Pulls enemys towards your Location. 

Magnetice Sets a globe around a enemy which multiplies each incomming damage (including hostile bullets), shares a percentage of the projectile damage to evry enemy inside the globe and explodes for 100% of the safed damage after its duration expires.

Polarice Deals numeric damage and shredds armor and shields for this number. Lets say you Deal 600 damage to a enemy that has 1000 armor, this enemy would be left with 400 armor. Also generates shards which Deal damage if picked up by a magnetice Bubble

Crush just Deals magnetic damage. No brainer untill you use fracturing crush, its augument. It reduces armor for a percentuall value then and pinns enemys down.

Playing her flexible, basicly spamming enemys with magnetice, pulling them in, feeding bubbles with bullets and dealing dbuffs whilst getting Shadow step Stealth on pulled targets works fine for me.