Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone who is not good with people here working in an office?

Kethus

In university I used to go there, listen to the lecture, and leave. I'm convinced working in an office will be the same - go there, do work, leave. My parents on the other hand are absolutely sure that by working at an office I'll make many friends and there is no way around it. So what's your real life experience?

As someone who's worked as a programmer on multiple placements, you will almost certainly be working with your coworkers all the time.

You will get to know them. This is inevitable. You may even become friends with some of them. You never know

I don't work in an office but unless you're a really anti social person who really likes his own company you'll eventually branch out and interact with those around you. 

Otherwise you'll drive yourself into pure boredom and depression. The social aspect of those sort of environments are what makes it more bearable. 

@Kethus I'm a Introvert by nature and like one's company, rather than looming around large circles in work or after. However my current job sometimes entails me to be socialble as being a head chef in a local pub, one hand washes the other and it's for my benefit, yet I feel I've got the balance just right now. I can leave when I want without any pressure from my peers/friends.

I've worked in a office, in admin, it didn't work for me. I quickly become depressed and quite isolated being around lots people that I didn't want to interact with, then the anxieties of not fitting in then reflected upon my performance at work...The trick is to simply figure out what's best for you. Perhaps your parents are right, and you'll adapt better than you think you will, only by doing you'll know for certain.