Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some suggestions for changes to survival

Zdeadfallout

This has probably already been covered, but the reason this system is needed is that it eliminates the idea of having unlimited time to kill enemies.

I'm not 100% sure if survival is still this way, but the faster you kill the more oxygen you get (how it used to be at least). Thus meaning that as long as you kill at a steady rate there will be more respawns and thus more life support to drop.

The issue with the system you propose is that it takes out the time elements. Yes, I have to move to another room to do an objective; but if I have unlimited time to clear out the enemies, that doesn't sound too hard. Also how would it be scored in this case? It couldn't be on time for the above reason.

On 6/28/2016 at 11:28 AM, -XeqtR said:

This has probably already been covered, but the reason this system is needed is that it eliminates the idea of having unlimited time to kill enemies.

I'm not 100% sure if survival is still this way, but the faster you kill the more oxygen you get (how it used to be at least). Thus meaning that as long as you kill at a steady rate there will be more respawns and thus more life support to drop.

The issue with the system you propose is that it takes out the time elements. Yes, I have to move to another room to do an objective; but if I have unlimited time to clear out the enemies, that doesn't sound too hard. Also how would it be scored in this case? It couldn't be on time for the above reason.

easy fix to what you said fix.

have the enimies strong have tons spawning all the time. Have a timer and have tenshin give us rewards for staying alive for a certain amount of time  

On 7/4/2016 at 5:42 PM, thekurama13 said:

have the enimies strong have tons spawning all the time. Have a timer and have tenshin give us rewards for staying alive for a certain amount of time  

The enemies being strong and in high numbers doesn't change anything. Any real person running long survivals (2-3 hours plus) knows that these are not real challenges.

Have a timer but also reward for staying a certain amount of time? Seems like two opposite things. One is implying a stopwatch which counts down, but you want to be rewarded for staying longer as a timer which counts up.

You have to complete the objectives AND kill all enemies within a set time frame to progress to another timer is what I assume you're saying, yes? Two issues:

The reason people are failing at life support is that they are not killing enemies fast enough and because enemies spawn from lots of different locations across the map. If they kill fast enough, they can sit in a spot and kill. Eventually they will have to move to get life support. This system can also be thought of exactly how you are putting it. The players are on a timer to kill things (IE: the life support is a running timer that goes up the more you kill). However, you propose a static timer that I assume as the mission goes on, gets shorter and shorter (I would hope). The problem becomes, will the players be able to find all the enemies to kill within the time (because like I said, spawning is all over the map) as well as complete an objective? I would see that as more of a frustration. The reason (I assume) DE has not just simply made killing enemies give static life support, and made it RNG instead, is because it could be too easily manipulated.

1 hour ago, -XeqtR said:

The enemies being strong and in high numbers doesn't change anything. Any real person running long survivals (2-3 hours plus) knows that these are not real challenges.

Have a timer but also reward for staying a certain amount of time? Seems like two opposite things. One is implying a stopwatch which counts down, but you want to be rewarded for staying longer as a timer which counts up.

You have to complete the objectives AND kill all enemies within a set time frame to progress to another timer is what I assume you're saying, yes? Two issues:

The reason people are failing at life support is that they are not killing enemies fast enough and because enemies spawn from lots of different locations across the map. If they kill fast enough, they can sit in a spot and kill. Eventually they will have to move to get life support. This system can also be thought of exactly how you are putting it. The players are on a timer to kill things (IE: the life support is a running timer that goes up the more you kill). However, you propose a static timer that I assume as the mission goes on, gets shorter and shorter (I would hope). The problem becomes, will the players be able to find all the enemies to kill within the time (because like I said, spawning is all over the map) as well as complete an objective? I would see that as more of a frustration. The reason (I assume) DE has not just simply made killing enemies give static life support, and made it RNG instead, is because it could be too easily manipulated.

i mainly play surv. because  its fun sometimes but i do sometimes get  into matches were  i will kill a bunch of enimies and get barely any life support. or missions were enimies just stop spawning

also sorry for your confusion but timer as  in counting time sorry you didnt know what that means   

14 hours ago, thekurama13 said:

i mainly play surv. because  its fun sometimes but i do sometimes get  into matches were  i will kill a bunch of enimies and get barely any life support. or missions were enimies just stop spawning

also sorry for your confusion but timer as  in counting time sorry you didnt know what that means   

Go and google timer and you'll see its not the same as a stopwatch. You proposed a time limit, which would imply a timer counting down but you also want to keep the classic stopwatch counting up. Sorry you don't know the difference.

Edited by -XeqtR

8 minutes ago, -XeqtR said:

Go and google timer and you'll see its not the same as a stopwatch. You proposed a time limit, which would imply a timer counting down but you also want to keep the classic stopwatch counting up. Sorry you don't know the difference.

if we were talking about survival would the timer be going down.... lol 

11 hours ago, thekurama13 said:

if we were talking about survival would the timer be going down.... lol 

On 7/4/2016 at 5:42 PM, thekurama13 said:

Uhhh okay? Refer to what you said before. If that's what you meant then your suggestion doesn't actually fix what I said before? You're literally just saying keep survival how it is now, only take out life support. The problem still exists, as I said, that people with infinite time to survive can survive forever. Spawning "hard enemies all the time" isn't a challenge.

9 hours ago, -XeqtR said:

Uhhh okay? Refer to what you said before. If that's what you meant then your suggestion doesn't actually fix what I said before? You're literally just saying keep survival how it is now, only take out life support. The problem still exists, as I said, that people with infinite time to survive can survive forever. Spawning "hard enemies all the time" isn't a challenge.

how about hard and smart