Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please help: Paris Prime, critical, status, and damage

DEATHLOK

Question

paris%20prime%20build%2001_zpsiupl9c1e.j

Ever forget to take notes on a build before adding Forma?

Anyway, I'm looking for advice on this build. Paris Prime has both good critical and status percentages right off the bat. Is it smart to work both, or concentrate on one, regardless? It's the only weapon I have right now with a critical chance over 100%. Probably don't want to lose that. In fact, I added Hammer Shot, thinking the extra 60% critical damage would be a big deal. Now, I'm not so sure. It's not like I was writing down numbers while shooting the thing with the previous two-Forma build. Better or worse? No idea.

Should I push the status chance up, sacrificing higher damage elemental mods? Is there a point at which the status chance is too low to justify big fat elemental mods? I would think a high status matters more when fire rate is this low, and less when it is high, as on a submachine gun.

What would you recommend?

Edited by DEATHLOK

7 answers to this question

Yeah, no status on non Dread bows (even on dread it's questionable, but that's besides the point).

I'd say, substitute one of the status elemental mods with a 90% straight damage one, and the other for a Speed Trigger or your charge time is gonna be humongous. Then, try to get a Bladed Rounds (+120% crit damage while aiming, for 9s after each kill) and use that one in place of Hammer Shot.

Thanks, guys!

paris%20prime%20build%2002_zps24epxjbt.j

Just replaced Rime Rounds with Stormbringer, damage seems to have gone way up. Wanted to focus on Corrosive damage, as I understand with scales up relative to enemy armor. I don't know if Metal Auger would be an even better choice than Malignant Force. I believe I had Piercing Hit on this before, but—from what I understand—puncture damage is nothing special in this game.

Another Question: Any point in going even higher with the Critical chance, say with a Critical Delay and Shred combination?—assuming I can live with the existing fire rate. Everything above 100% means a better chance of a red crit, right? That would raise it to just over 135%.

Edited by DEATHLOK

if you want more crit damage i'd go for 2 dual elemental mods, remove Hammer Shot. then add Bladed Rounds to it and you will have REALLY high crit damage with still a 60%~ status chance.

if you dont have Bladed Rounds you can get it off trade chat for a good price, this mod is a must have for all crit weapons with high crit multipliers.

8 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Just replaced Rime Rounds with Stormbringer, damage seems to have gone way up. Wanted to focus on Corrosive damage, as I understand with scales up relative to enemy armor. I don't know if Metal Auger would be an even better choice than Malignant Force. I believe I had Piercing Hit on this before, but—from what I understand—puncture damage is nothing special in this game.

Another Question: Any point in going even higher with the Critical chance, say with a Critical Delay and Shred combination?—assuming I can live with the existing fire rate. Everything above 100% means a better chance of a red crit, right? That would raise it to just over 135%.

Punchthrough mods in general are useless on bows, since they have innate punchthrough on charged shots AND will also fling the first enemy hit backwards in a line dealing  full damage to every other enemy hit that way.

As far as building for crit chancee goes, there are four separate cases, keeping in mind that using more than 2 slots on crit chance will greatly hamper your ability to have the required mods (namely on bows other than Rakta Cernos base damage, multishot, a firerate mod for charge time, crit chance and damage and a combined element) and that critical delay is a terribad mod that shouldn't be considered - Argon Scope it's where it's at. So:

• under 100% crit chance with Point Strike alone, can't reach 100%. In this case you can technically use two crit chance mods to get more crits in, but it rather depends on the weapon for example full autos or fast firerate guns in general are better off with something else, while single shot guns can use the extra reliability.
  • under 100% with Point Strike alone but can reach 100%. Go for it if you can. It's generally a good idea to get guaranteed crits. Though i must say i prefer to achieve that result by using a full set of Arcane Avenger (14% chance of an additive +30% crit change for 10s whenever you get damaged), although not every frame can use that arcane on high level runs.
  • over 100% with Point Strike alone. Leave crit chance be. Once you get past 100%, due to the fact that red crits scale terribly, it's Always better to build for crit damage or base damage or elemental damage (in order of priority)
  • over 100% with Point Strike alone, can go over 175%. There are only three weapons that can do this: Dread, Amprex and Synapse. Here it's more of a personal taste question. What i mean is that basically, on average slotting Bladed Rounds will net you more damage, but Argon Scope, by getting your crit chance up to 192.5%, will almost guarantee redcrits thus giving you more consistent dmage numbers. What that means is that a Bladed Rounds shot would do 6.8 times the total damage with a 75% chance and 12.6 times the total damage with a 25% chance. With Argon Scope you'd get 7.8 times total damage with a 92.5% chance and 4.4 times the total damage with a 7.5% chance. Bladed Rounds gives you a much higher spike damage (the redcrit is almost double that of the AS build) but lower modal damage (6.8 vs 7.8), which means that you can choose either and be good anyway. Tip: Dread would technically be better off with Argon Scope due to the low firerate (thus making it more important that every shot counts) while Synapse and Amprex due to firerate are better off with Bladed Rounds (high volume of shots means that average damage is mre important than modal damage). The Paris Prime, despite not making the cut by a sliver (173.25% crit chance with PS and AS, which means that more than 1/4th of your shots will be dump shots with AS) can still benefit from Argon Scope as well as from Bladed Rounds, considering they are Always mutually exclusive due to mod slots constraints - it really is a matter of taste.

4 hours ago, AmpFrostbolt said:

if you want more crit damage i'd go for 2 dual elemental mods, remove Hammer Shot. then add Bladed Rounds to it and you will have REALLY high crit damage with still a 60%~ status chance.

if you dont have Bladed Rounds you can get it off trade chat for a good price, this mod is a must have for all crit weapons with high crit multipliers.

Yep, that's a great way of doing things :)

Edited by Autongnosis

Yeah like everyone is saying, it's probably best not to mod for status.  Mid to high fire rate is when status is useful, and bows are obviously very low fire rate.  That being said, it might help to add a fire rate mod, just forall-around usability purposes.  Maybe put speed trigger in, instead of a 60/60 mod.  Also, if you don't have bladed rounds or argon scope, maybe another 90% elemental mod could help instead of the other 60/ 60 mod.