Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viral vs Armor mobs question

(PSN)Sin-Kytori

Question

10 answers to this question

Viral works on armored enemies, yes. 

Additionally, I've been told the viral applies BEFORE the damage hits so if you hit them for 50% and proc viral that should be a one hit kill. Using two 60/60's is dropping a lot of damage though and viral will do a lot less damage to armored enemies to begin with. I'm not sure if it's worth it over a crit and raw damage build.

Single corrosive procs aren't that great. Armor damage reduction % scales upwards at a crazy rate so removing just a little bit of it with one proc isn't that big of a deal. You need quite a few rapid procs before it becomes a really noticeable damage increase. Lex Prime really isn't the kind of weapon you want to shoot enemies a bunch of times with.

RDI.jpg

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Does viral cut the hp in half of mobs like the high end grineer that have yellow hp bars due to armor? Are they still easier to kill or do I get more benefit from corrosive procs (intended weapon is a high puncture damage Lex P)

Viral procs temporarily cut the enemy health by 70% (think it's a 5 second duration without mods), and affects all non-boss enemies, no matter whether the bar is yellow or red. I'm unsure how it affects bosses or assassins, given I usually brute-force those into submission.

Another option, if you have them, is load the +element/+status mods onto your Lex Prime, then add Bore, Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion (I think is sidearms) and Hornet Sting for good measure.

The end result should give you around 80% or better proc chance per shot, and deal alot of damage besides. Given I'm unsure of the Lex Prime's base status chance... that's a rough estimate on the end proc rate.

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Viral procs temporarily cut the enemy health by 70% (think it's a 5 second duration without mods), and affects all non-boss enemies, no matter whether the bar is yellow or red. I'm unsure how it affects bosses or assassins, given I usually brute-force those into submission.

Another option, if you have them, is load the +element/+status mods onto your Lex Prime, then add Bore, Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion (I think is sidearms) and Hornet Sting for good measure.

The end result should give you around 80% or better proc chance per shot, and deal alot of damage besides. Given I'm unsure of the Lex Prime's base status chance... that's a rough estimate on the end proc rate.

Actually, with two mods that add 60%, and the status effect mod plus multishot mods, the end result is over 100%, I'm at 89 now and I haven't put on the 15% one due to capacity. Forma'd it just now cause leph sortie 100 pistol only today...ugh that one...

Edit: I was wrong. With the addition of that, it's at 91 from 89. Not worth it

Edited by (PS4)Sin-Kytori

4 hours ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Does viral cut the hp in half of mobs like the high end grineer that have yellow hp bars due to armor? Are they still easier to kill or do I get more benefit from corrosive procs (intended weapon is a high puncture damage Lex P)

generally speaking, yes it does, but it only affects health, not armor, meaning your damage will fall off late if you dont take Radiation or Corrosive

On 6/25/2016 at 0:32 PM, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Actually, with two mods that add 60%, and the status effect mod plus multishot mods, the end result is over 100%, I'm at 89 now and I haven't put on the 15% one due to capacity. Forma'd it just now cause leph sortie 100 pistol only today...ugh that one...

Edit: I was wrong. With the addition of that, it's at 91 from 89. Not worth it

Let me see here... Okay... the mod set I recommend (you'll need Formas, obviously... and a Catalyst)... Scorch, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence, Frostbite, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike and Bore... the end result is: 168 Impact/Slash, 2956.8 Puncture, 2016 each across two combo elements (based on element mod arrangement), and a 99.5% proc chance... That's with every mod maxed out. The end result is only readily exceeded by certain launcher weapons, the Sancti Tigris and the Opticor.

The layout only needs two Forma, as well (a V and a dash.)

6 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Let me see here... Okay... the mod set I recommend (you'll need Formas, obviously... and a Catalyst)... Scorch, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence, Frostbite, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike and Bore... the end result is: 168 Impact/Slash, 2956.8 Puncture, 2016 each across two combo elements (based on element mod arrangement), and a 99.5% proc chance... That's with every mod maxed out. The end result is only readily exceeded by certain launcher weapons, the Sancti Tigris and the Opticor.

The layout only needs two Forma, as well (a V and a dash.)

Ah, I am missing frostbite. I honestly didn't realize I didn't have that.

12 hours ago, Nine-Tails said:

Viral does work on armored enemies but it's highly insufficient in comparison to corrosive.

But when combined with the high Puncture damage of a dedicated anti-armor hand-cannon like the Lex Prime, the inefficiency can be overcome easily enough... that, and he could easily swap between Blast/Corrosive, Viral/Radiation, or Gas/Magnetic simply by swapping the arrangement of the element mods. Further, when running a Viral/Radiation mix, he won't be the only one firing on the target if both Viral and Radiation proc on the same shot which, with a 99.5% proc rate, is highly likely, if not guaranteed.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

13 hours ago, (PS4)Sin-Kytori said:

Ah, I am missing frostbite. I honestly didn't realize I didn't have that.

Yeah, that'd skew your numbers a bit... Honestly, though, if you've got an 80% or higher proc rate with mods, the enemy's fairly well screwed, and that's before you figure in the damage proper.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56