Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hunting Shadow Stalker alone

Hellslinger

Question

So far, the primary weapon I usually carry is the Sancti Tigiris with high slash and corrosive damage. Secondary, I carry sonicor, and melee is either dual ichors or dragon nikana.

Although, I don't think I am carrying the right equipment and I still wonder what warframe to bring in against him. Any suggestions on builds?

7 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, TheStag said:

Any solid weapon does fine, just keep yourself at such a distance that he isn't teleporting to you but you have time to dodge/avoid his attacks. That is my strategy, and it has been quite effective.

Yeah I can do that. My main concern though is his damage adaption.

Decent tankiness, though if you've got the mobility he can't land any hits anyways. Best bet is to do an exterm, wipe the map, then bring him in with a beacon. If no beacon, go until he appears, then backtrack a little. Enemies shouldn't spawn on top of you, so you'll be able to give Stalker your full attention.

If you're taking S. Tigris, the Nikana might not work too well. Instead of Sonicor, I usually bring Lex Prime, and Jat Kittag for my melee, so I have all three physical damage types, then apply elementals to my liking. When melee-ing him, try to hit and run. Build a charge while dodging attacks, slide in before it goes off and hammer him hard, then backflip or sideroll, depending on what he tries to counter with, if he counters at all. He's sometimes very intelligent with his attacks, and other times... he gets caught on stuff and freaks out, attacking nothing at all while you sit there and unload round after round. Make sure you have plenty of space, and know the tile well enough. I actually really enjoy Gas City tileset for fighting him. Nice verticality, which he has some difficulty with, and usually pretty open, so you can see easily where he is and when he attacks. DO be wary of the teleport though, can really screw up your groove.

Honestly, though, when he's not breaking, he's really fun to fight, even when you're only barely chipping away at his health, amidst a swarm of enemies, with the only good weapon you brought.

Addendum, make sure you know his moveset. He's got a variety of attacks, and some are more dangerous than others, despite seeming less so.

If you want to completely trivialize the encounter?

A single charged shot with a rakta ballistica will take away about 3/4 of his health, then a few whacks with a blast/radiation/corrosive dark split-sword will finish him off before he can retaliate. I've yet to test with other weapons because RNG only sends the stalker to me when I have the dark split-sword on. 

Edited by Tiddlerdoo
Clarification.

Usually for the shadow stalker, a primary and secondary weapon is enough (Based on my experience). Your sancti and sonicor is good enough because one is slash and the other is impact. If you are scared of your damage dropoff and pellet spread (Shotgun), any other weapons modded for mid-level enemies is good enough. A melee is not needed and why bother risking yourself to get killed by stalker when you can fire from a safe distance.

Edit: If you want to question my experience (Synoid Simulor/Tonkor n various secondary weapons), he only adapts to one damage once. One should do a lot of damage with ur highest dps weapon first, in order to get his health to 1/8 left. This gets past all damage adaption gates (Refer to warframe wiki if you want to know) hence he won't adapt to any other damage type again.

Edited by (XB1)SlenderTeletub

If you are trying to prompt the Shadow Stalker:

1. Evade most Grineer Spy mission tilesets because he can easily teleport you to himself if need be to kill you
  2. Make sure your weapons have high damage or different elements or both
  3. If relying on frames for decimating him then best bets would be Excalibur, Wukong, Chroma, Atlas and any frame in general that can survive most of his damage for considerable amount of time
  4. Keep yourself mobile against him do not stay too long on a single point or area
  5. If you wish to trigger him to appear, try Tower Defense missions alone or with a group that atleast has his Mark and messages more than enough times. Or go with weapons you are leveling to really trigger him
  6. Never expect to get the reward you want from him and do not expect for him to show up at all. RNG will make him appear for you
  7. If I missed anything then someone else will add on for you to know