The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod Concept] Corrupted Protoarmor

Huanthus

So i was thinking i see a lot of wf, weapons and gameplay concepts but i dont see any mod concept, so how about this one:

Corrupted Protoarmor

A mod that  transforms shield power into armor for the wf in exchange of losing the shield altogether:

Loses X% per rank of shield but gains Y times the amount lost per rank to armor

I was thinking about  having it no rank being 10% and giving 1.1 times the amount spent on armor, 15 ranks max and an increase of 6% shield drain and 0.06 multiplier per rank, so it would end up with 100% shield drain and 2 times the shield drained as armor

Not really i essentially want to turn any wf that uses it into a grineer :v since they dont have shields but high armor values :v,

also thats not all inaros is, not every wf has the sustainability that inaros has so, no no inaros 

Edited by Huanthus

Would be super op on Valkyr, and would it work on Inaros? Those are two you'll have to consider. Both these frames can be practically unkillable already.

Also, I see LordOfScrugging's basis, but I can see how it would be different. Inaros has a hella amount of health, not specifically armour. Turning frames more to the Grineer side of things, well, it could work I suppose. What about an inverse mod that does the opposite as well, armour -> shield? 'Corrupted Transfusion', perhaps?

27 minutes ago, Djolltax said:

Would be super op on Valkyr, and would it work on Inaros? Those are two you'll have to consider. Both these frames can be practically unkillable already.

Also, I see LordOfScrugging's basis, but I can see how it would be different. Inaros has a hella amount of health, not specifically armour. Turning frames more to the Grineer side of things, well, it could work I suppose. What about an inverse mod that does the opposite as well, armour -> shield? 'Corrupted Transfusion', perhaps?

Nah it would not work on inaros cuz no shields 10% of 0 is 0 same as 100% of 0 :v also dont forget rhino's Iron Skin or Chroma's  Vex Armor  that S#&$ would go up to like 10000 but still lets say they are unkilleable if the conditions suit them, valkyr would struggle if she was  on a reduced energy enviroment since she could not abuse her ulti, also as far as i know there were changes on Valkyr ult recently on the update that reworked mag and volt if im correct, also i like the idea of Corrupted Transfusion it would give a lot more choice  in corrupted mods.

In my mind "Corrupted protoarmor" would work well with wfs that use Rage

Edited by Huanthus