Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Ideas

Qynchou

Here I give my feedback regarding Volt and try to pitch some ideas IF hes going to be changed.

Speed: Feels clumsy if you accidentally run into a wall. I think it would be fair for it to have a shorter window before he reaches maximum speed. Another thing is frontflips and melee slide attacks. Volt pretty much does them at his maximum sprint speed which makes any of the moves useless while speed is active.

Shock: Single target ability which is completely useless. The cast time,cost and damage is just simply not worth it, ontop of that its very situational since it appears to be somewhat effective on corpus (the stun factor).

Electric shield: Good when ressurecting a teammate but thats about it. If you have shade with max level ghost you wont ever use this ability since you will be cloaked while ressurecting, I think its pretty much useless unless you literally dont have anywhere to take cover (which you pretty much do in every part of the game).

Overload: I think this ability is fine, knocks grineer out 1 hit on Kappa and level 50+ corpus so definitely a useful AOE nuke. As far as I heard its suppost to deal more damage when theres electrical devices in the range however Im not sure what kind of things count as eletrical devices in the game and how much more damage you deal.

Suggestions:

Volt is about electricity and speed so it would be cool to have another ability other than movespeed that increases your speed.

Toggle: Would probably be the first of its kind in Warframe. The idea is to have a toggleable ability that would drain energy while active but would increase your rifle or/and melee swing speed while toggle is active.

Shock: Should bounce between more targets. Maybe 4-5 at the last level? Increase the damage done to the first target and have damage reduction per bounce. Should have 100% stun probability on 1st target and less with each bounce.

Speed: Like I mentioned earlier, lower time to reach top running speed (Maybe have the blue aura behind the whole time speed lasts? with continuity it disappears halfway through).

These are just simple ideas that hopefully will inspire the developers to change something about Volt. Currently speed and overload are useful abilities but the other 2 are completely useless.

My goal is to simply give ideas and inspire rather than dictate what the developers should do.

Cheers.

p.s Why does storm Volt helmet cost 70 plat when the frame costs 75 :/

Edited by Qynchou

haha i agree with the volt helmet and volt, it is kinda stupid. And I like the idea of the bouncing shock, i also made a thread about this, but i called it chained lightning. Meh same thing, i agree though volt needs some changes > the first abillity!