Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Forma Boltor build

ZeroHunter1337

Question

Hey everyone, I recently put 5 Forma on my Boltor Prime, and I want your guys feedback and see if this was a good idea, the forma was 3 V polarities on the bottom row, making the whole bottom row V, and 2 dash polarities on top, so that means the bottom is my max Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, and Speed Trigger because I think Speed Trigger will bring up the DPS on the Boltor effectively than adding another elemental mod, and the top row is my elemental mods, And I like to hear your feedback on this build.

Edited by ZeroHunter1337

7 answers to this question

In my opinion, your build is perfect, but in my opinion, I think Speed Trigger will bring the DPS up a lot higher, and I also use all 4 90 damage mods, yeah, I kept the D polarity that was in the first slot, but for that, the other 3 elemental combos are dash so I putted 2 dash like you did, for corpus, since I think gas damage is a little bit weaker than toxin, since you need that proc to get Toxin clouds, while Toxin, if you hit/shoot, it will bypass shield regardless, so I put Bane of Corpus to compensate for the missing heat damage.

13 hours ago, Visionaireh said:

That is my 6 forma Boltor Prime build.  Any suggestions on what I should change?

UrZxJBJ.jpg

I prefer this setup. If you don't want to add another Forma to yours you can get away with trading one of the Dual-Stat mods in for one of the full Elemental ones, sustained DPS only drops by ~1K damage and Burst by ~2K. I also find the innate punch-through handy for dealing with enemy groups. Overall damage goes up but Status chance takes a bit of a hit. Swings and roundabouts with the Status and Punch-through IMO but the front-loaded damage helps.

Any build without any punch through is made of fail (no corps carry ability does not count), there is no reason at all not to put Shred on the Boltor p, all the RoF and damage in the world won´t help if the enemy can hide behind a paper towel. Metal Augor might be excessive but at least put Shred on it. Enemies tend to seek cover, not being able to penetrate even paper towels is bad! 

Friend of mine uses a Telos Boltor with Metal Augor and Shred occasionally, the results are hilarious, not recommended if you want to go solo vs level 100 and beyond though.   

Edited by Numbsky1