Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for; a good Eternal War/Hysteria Valkyr build

NativeKiller

Question

I am looking for something that would serve me well in 100~120 mins solo T4 Survival runs or random Sorties.

Basically, I am looking for an Eternal War Valkyr that will also practically always has Hysteria activated.

I do have an initial build set up but I am looking for suggestions and advice!

(Naturally, all mods are max ranked unless specified otherwise!)

------------------------------

[Initial build]

- Valkyr

Aura - Steel Charge

Exilus - Power Drift

1) Primed Flow

2) Transient Fortitude

3) Blind Rage R5

4) Eternal War 

5) Primed Continuity

6) Narrow Minded

7) Fleeting Expertise

8) Streamline

(I could use Vitality instead of Primed Flow but Primed Flow seems more useful)

----------------------------

- Melee mods

1) Primed Pressure Point

2) Primed Reach

3) True Steel

4) Organ Shatter

5) Spoiled Strike

6) Berserker

7) Fever Strike

8) Shocking Touch

(Crit build seemed like the obvious choice)

---------------------------

Focus - Naramon

Max Shadow Step, Max Deadly Intent, Max Focus Mastery

(Naramon focus seemed like the obvious choice)

---

All in all, I am looking for a Valkyr that will;

1) Pretty much always have Hysteria and Warcry on.

2) Be invisible and landing critical hits after Naramon focus has been activated

3) Be easy and powerful to use for mindless carnage!

Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------------------

P.S//

I had actually never tried out a serious Valkyr build before, since I heard that Valkry supposedly makes the game "too easy".

I am finally going to try it out though, since why not? :)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by NativeKiller

8 answers to this question

Well if you're really never going to leave hysteria, then you don't need health or armor mods since Hysteria makes you invincible anyway. Primed Flow would definitely help against energy draining enemies. Hysteria was recently "nerfed" so the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more energy it drains. Caps at 2x what your current drain is and is shown as a counter on top of the ability going from 1-100 (100 meaning the full x2 drain will be in effect). There is also the damage counter effect, which makes you take a percentage of the damage taken while in Hysteria if there is an enemy nearby when Hysteria ends meaning it's good to decast hysteria just as your clear a group of enemies and then recast it as you jump into another group. You can tell if there is an enemy within range since the "aura" is now visible and decreases it's range every time you kill something (but slowly grows back to full again). 

Or TL;DR Health and Armor don't help Hysteria, Primed flow is a good choice, staying in hysteria too long drains extra energy and exiting hysteria while near enemies will damage you based on the damage taken (stored) while in hysteria.

It's impossible now to be at hysteria for a long time. I highly suggest you to get Vitality+steel fiber and start thinking from there. The new kyr needs to use her stuns and high armor with the eternal war buff (yes, it also buffs armor! it was totally irrelevant before but now it's a godsend) and a life-strying weapon with rage to mantain herself alive, and only using Hysteria when there's too many enemies or things you need to kill that aren't nullifiers. life disruptors or bombards

1 minute ago, Pransaculass said:

Well if you're really never going to leave hysteria, then you don't need health or armor mods since Hysteria makes you invincible anyway. Primed Flow would definitely help against energy draining enemies. Hysteria was recently "nerfed" so the longer you stay in Hysteria, the more energy it drains. Caps at 2x what your current drain is and is shown as a counter on top of the ability going from 1-100 (100 meaning the full x2 drain will be in effect). There is also the damage counter effect, which makes you take a percentage of the damage taken while in Hysteria if there is an enemy nearby when Hysteria ends meaning it's good to decast hysteria just as your clear a group of enemies and then recast it as you jump into another group. You can tell if there is an enemy within range since the "aura" is now visible and decreases it's range every time you kill something (but slowly grows back to full again). 

Or TL;DR Health and Armor don't help Hysteria, Primed flow is a good choice, staying in hysteria too long drains extra energy and exiting hysteria while near enemies will damage you based on the damage taken (stored) while in hysteria.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I did heard about the "nerf", so I made sure that the initial energy drain from Hysteria would be 0.63/s.

I think Primed Flow could be really handy just like you said so I'll probably be using it instead of Vitality. :)

9 minutes ago, Apokita said:

It's impossible now to be at hysteria for a long time. I highly suggest you to get Vitality+steel fiber and start thinking from there. The new kyr needs to use her stuns and high armor with the eternal war buff (yes, it also buffs armor! it was totally irrelevant before but now it's a godsend) and a life-strying weapon with rage to mantain herself alive, and only using Hysteria when there's too many enemies or things you need to kill that aren't nullifiers. life disruptors or bombards

Really?

To be honest, I had almost never used Valkyr so I don't know much about her. (sadface)

On the other hand, I did hear other people say that an initial Hysteria drain of 0.63/s, would still make it easy to have Hysteria on nearly indefinitely.

Doesn't the maximum energy drain for Hysteria cap at double the initial drain or so?

I am asking because I am genuinely not sure (LOL)

Edited by NativeKiller

Just now, NativeKiller said:

Really?

To be honest, I had almost never use Valkyr so I don't know much about her. (sadface)

On the other hand, I did hear other people say that an initial Hysteria drain of 0.63/s still makes it easy to have Hysteria on nearly 24/7.

Doesn't the maximum energy drain for Hysteria cap at double the initial drain or so?

I am asking because I am not sure (LOL)

Nono, it goes all the way to draining 15/s. Like peacemaker's drain. Sure, you can mod it for duration to have like 4 or 5, but Hysteria had a 0.63 before. It's a 400 or 500% increase of consumption. So, unless your enemies are really lovely to you and drop energy orbs every 5s, you're #*($%%@ and the energy will drain, eventually. Also, activating and deactivating hysteria will store really low damage so you can ignore the damage and just lifestrike it back.
I kinda like the changes they did to her, she's a lot more interactive now. I'd like to have a change on her paralysis tho, it's kinda awkward and has such awfully long cast animations on her skills. Also, I think her passive should be put on her ultimate and the lifesteal from her ultimate should be put on her as a passive. Melee lifesteal so you can actually go and melee all the way and not use warcry only for the armor buff and extend it with my sybaris.

3 minutes ago, Apokita said:

Nono, it goes all the way to draining 15/s. Like peacemaker's drain. Sure, you can mod it for duration to have like 4 or 5, but Hysteria had a 0.63 before. It's a 400 or 500% increase of consumption. So, unless your enemies are really lovely to you and drop energy orbs every 5s, you're #*($%%@ and the energy will drain, eventually. Also, activating and deactivating hysteria will store really low damage so you can ignore the damage and just lifestrike it back.
I kinda like the changes they did to her, she's a lot more interactive now. I'd like to have a change on her paralysis tho, it's kinda awkward and has such awfully long cast animations on her skills. Also, I think her passive should be put on her ultimate and the lifesteal from her ultimate should be put on her as a passive. Melee lifesteal so you can actually go and melee all the way and not use warcry only for the armor buff and extend it with my sybaris.

Oh, this is extremely handy yet sad to know. :D

Thank you very much for the heads up! 

It seems that I should probably take a different approach to building Valkyr. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

here's my build

Aura: steel charge Exilus mod: Coaction drift R10 primed continuity R9 steel fiber flow/primed flow streamline rage maxed vitality eternal war and r6 narrow minded or r9 narrow minded

1-3 forma is going to be a requirement to fully complete the build with all mods maxed feel free to experiment with other mods as well 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234
forgot to add aura and exilus mods

1 hour ago, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

here's my build

Aura: steel charge Exilus mod: Coaction drift R10 primed continuity R9 steel fiber flow/primed flow streamline rage maxed vitality eternal war and r6 narrow minded or r9 narrow minded

1-3 forma is going to be a requirement to fully complete the build with all mods maxed feel free to experiment with other mods as well 

Okay, thanks for the input. :D