Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fired Up vs Self Destruct

Ifeno

Question

I have a spare slot on my sentinel that matches the polarity for these two so I figured I might as well use it.  I know the effectiveness of Fired Up depends on the weapon I use.  I primarily use Sweeper Prime and Laser Rifle Prime, depending on which primary weapon I myself am using.  Which of these two mods would you recommend?  Thoughts?

3 answers to this question

As I recall the Laser Rifle is actually the best sent weapon in the game to use Fired Up on (it overheats fastest) so I'd reccomend that, even if you are using another weapon since it's probably not really all that great to be counting on your sent dying especially if you can only get at most 2 uses out of self destruct per revive.

Self Destruct isnt really worth the slot. It only works if the sentinel explodes, so like said above you'll get 1-2 uses out of it every time you die, maximum. After those times you'll either have to choose to kill yourself in-mission and revive to maximize the mod's effect or go without a sentinel.

Fired Up of course!

Self-destruct requires your sentinel dying AND it requires an absurd amount of cores for an ability that rarely, if ever, activates. And think about it, even if you used it and it killed the dudes around you, would that usually be enough to "turn the tide" in exchange for losing your sentinel? Not worth it IMO.